1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I am feeling very restless waiting for Sunday. I really hope they announce something to do with new music and not just an anniversary tour, I'm not sure what's more likely! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

I think we’re reading too much into it… literally.

And as I said, I’m now thinking it’s simply a preview of the GREEN DAY and ALBUM TITLE fonts

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

I think we’re reading too much into it… literally.

We must be, because since today's clue, there's no way for it to make any sense :lol:

My theory is that we're not supposed to acknowledge the repeated patterns so

N O

N O P E

N O T  Y E t

S T I L L  N O

Becomes:

N O P EY ES T I L L 

= NEYEIL OPTSTL

As Jason said, the lowercase 't' is not important. Out of the remaining words, I came up with "Eternality Stoplight" since Billie sure loves his red lights flashing. 

Anyway, I'm just throwing crap at the wall. 

• Like 1

I don't know if it's relevant but Sum 41 and Bowling for Soup are playing at the WWWY Festival on October 21 and 22 but they added another date for October 20th named When We Were Young Sideshow at the Brooklyn Bowl.
Maybe that's what Green Day teased us with the poker chips. Maybe not at the Bowling Bowl but probably somewhere else for the WWWY Sideshow?

2 minutes ago, TrillieGD said:

Imagine telling us in 2021 that we would have to wait two years for an announcement

lmaoo for real. does anyone remember the green day fandom being CONVINCED that ‘1972’ or whatever was going to come out on billie’s birthday last year?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TrillieGD said:

Imagine telling us in 2021 that we would have to wait two years for an announcement

I remember the 50th birthdays theory!!!

• Haha 3

New album called NEYEIL OPTSTL? You guys aren't duding right,  😆 

I am not condoning this, but Green Day fans are a bit nuts.  What if someone is trying to hack the site to get the song leaked early?  That would be crazy.

What do we think the title will need?  One Eyed Network Man?  Jolene Killbot?  Bad Brad Fight?  Zucinni Mail Junkie?  Pop III? Mark Is Gay?

4 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

I kinda hope it’s a self titled album and all the font teases are for tours or song names 

I kinda hope it isn't.

• Thanks 1

I sincerely hope that whoever is teasing us like this is sitting there rubbing their hands together and eating popcorn watching us try to figure this stuff out 😂 I'm leaning towards the letters not meaning anything other than to give us a glimpse of the font/colour scheme for the album branding. Bold for Green Day and the album title in italics.

Edited by jakdokinori
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Insomniac90 said:

My question is: why? I mean why did they made an extra site for it and not update their own page later with a pre order link to their shop?

Specifically to mess with you guys, lol because no one outside these forums is dissecting every microcosm of what they are doing...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

I kinda hope it’s a self titled album and all the font teases are for tours or song names 

10 minutes ago, Mato said:

I kinda hope it isn't.

We kind of already had that with the Trilogy. I think the original plan was to call them Green Day I, II, and III

11 minutes ago, Alf said:

wht if 'No', 'Nope', 'Not Yet' and 'Still No' are all names of a multipart song like JOS?

Or a song about consent.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alf said:

wht if 'No', 'Nope', 'Not Yet' and 'Still No' are all names of a multipart song like JOS?

Or that's the tracklist 😂

1. No

2. Nope

3. Not Yet

4. Still No

6. When I No Around

7. Christie No'd

8. No Your Enemy

and so on...

• Haha 3