1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

3 minutes ago, greenday.stuff said:

We're pretty sure that they're gonna do that club show in Vegas, but what are the possibilities of them doing another club tour? Like what they did for rev rad. I'd love for them to do that again because I wasn't a fan during that era (as if it wouldn't be a war zone trying to get tickets). Maybe I'll pay punk relief to get them for me lmao. Unless she buys them all for herself first...

I was at work literally refreshing for probably 2 hours until I scored for that tour. Time well spent!

7 minutes ago, greenday.stuff said:

We're pretty sure that they're gonna do that club show in Vegas, but what are the possibilities of them doing another club tour? Like what they did for rev rad. I'd love for them to do that again because I wasn't a fan during that era (as if it wouldn't be a war zone trying to get tickets). Maybe I'll pay punk relief to get them for me lmao. Unless she buys them all for herself first...

Savage

• Like 1

Everything sort of makes sense but I'll be staying cautiously optimistic. I don't think I can't deal with the heartbreak if that website is nothing more than a silly little ting. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, billiesblue said:

Everything sort of makes sense but I'll be staying cautiously optimistic. I don't think I can't deal with the heartbreak if that website is nothing more than a silly little ting. 

Yeah but the band's account wouldn't be sharing it if that's all it is

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah but the band's account wouldn't be sharing it if that's all it is

To me that doesn't say much other than the website is actually coming from gd's team. IF there's a single announcement in October I'll be ecstatic obviouslyyy

If there's a new era coming I hope Billie keeps the blonde hair 🥰

• Like 3

All this with the dookie anniversary releasing in 2 days as well, hell yeah

I'm just hopeful the marketing will be miles better this time, would be cool to see Green Day promotion in public as a fan

• Like 1

I hope it's a big, giant anthem of a song.   A slow / loud dynamic like a Nirvana song shoved into the psychosis of a powerballad.

1981 Eyed Savior

• Thanks 1

Blink’s new cover art is also the same shade of pink and black. Hope Green Day don’t have the same color scheme.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Blink’s new cover art is also the same shade of pink and black. Hope Green Day don’t have the same color scheme.

Signs are pointing towards it. Could it be because they're both playing WWWY?

• Like 1

Anyone not like how when they play 21 Guns they cut the song short. That end is the best part wish they had let it in full when they tour and give some more album tracks from Insomniac/Revrad some love also 21st century breakdown should get some spotlight static age is awesome live as is the title track….but I’d sell my soul if they played Westbound Sign live…as far as commercial success just my opinion but we should want to see them triumphant and get mainstream play…why not? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My question is: why? I mean why did they made an extra site for it and not update their own page later with a pre order link to their shop?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

My question is: why? I mean why did they made an extra site for it and not update their own page later with a pre order link to their shop?

As someone pointed out earlier: A scenario could be that the new site will be redirected to the current GD site wich has already been updated (as a draft), and is ready to go, or it could be that the new site is under developement and will be activated as the new GD site, with the old one being redirected to the new one.  

This could be a way to start the promotion (indirectly) and getting the fans ready, without changing up the site code for the current GD site, especially as the Dookie promotion is ongoing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Imagine it's the American Idiot art, but just a black outline of the hand and grenade on a pink background, 😄.   And tiny PA warning of course.

Similiar to the Hella Mega Site? Forgot how it looked back then 😂

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

Imagine it's the American Idiot art, but just a black outline of the hand and grenade on a pink background, 😄.   And tiny PA warning of course.

Dont du(de) this to us 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billy1986 said:

Anyone not like how when they play 21 Guns they cut the song short. That end is the best part wish they had let it in full when they tour and give some more album tracks from Insomniac/Revrad some love also 21st century breakdown should get some spotlight static age is awesome live as is the title track….but I’d sell my soul if they played Westbound Sign live…as far as commercial success just my opinion but we should want to see them triumphant and get mainstream play…why not? 

I feel you. 21 Guns is not my favourite song, but my favourite bit in it, is when the second guitar (Jason) comes in at 5:07 after the quiet/piano section. Magical. And they only started doing that half way through the 21CB tour. It just adds that little je ne sais quoi 

1 hour ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

So nerd post alert. I looked into the Google tag manager code of the website. Not an expert of this and first time I look at a similar JavaScript as this is kinda of a new way to get google analytics data. 
But how this works is that you set tags on elements of a page you want to monitor. 
From what I can see they will track page views, scrolls, and…

- Interactions with a video (play, pause, playtime, play points)

- Interactions with a form (first, last name, address, postal code etc.)

Will see if I get more out of it 🥴

Edit: seems they are gonna track also a store/shopping function, seeing a lot of customer id tracking, shipping address, estimated delivery date, etc. 👀

Great Scott, impeccable detective work good sir! Godt gået!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vun2zx8hm3yh1ora4g

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

As I said not an expert on this specific Google Tag implementation, but I know JavaScript and from the Google documentation I quickly skimmed through this is not some kind of standard pre-made code, but something that has been specifically set-up for this website, so yeah looks like there’s gonna be a video, sign up form of some sort, and I think also a order/shopping function. Not entirely sure how this work, so it could also be that they will be cross-tracking the shopping part from another website, like the usual wb/gd store. 

You say your not an expert, but your really cool figuring this out. Thanks. I'd be totally lost.

• Like 3

Seems like the tracking is for an e-commerce app, so I think they will embed on this website the normal store or something like that. There’s also trackers checking for campaign IDs, so if I understand this correctly tracking how users got to the store section (eg. From a Facebook/YouTube add or whatever). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

As I said not an expert on this specific Google Tag implementation, but I know JavaScript and from the Google documentation I quickly skimmed through this is not some kind of standard pre-made code, but something that has been specifically set-up for this website, so yeah looks like there’s gonna be a video, sign up form of some sort, and I think also a order/shopping function. Not entirely sure how this work, so it could also be that they will be cross-tracking the shopping part from another website, like the usual wb/gd store. 

Some really good work this 🙌

• Like 3