1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

10 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

Who is that Jason guy?

Wait. We're not talking about Jason White?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Wait. We're not talking about Jason White?

Jason who runs greenday.fm

So we're all agreed. An official announcement is imminent, beginning of October.

But what are we expecting them to say. We want specifics. Release dates of single(s) or album, song titles maybe, etc. Yes? We don't want confirmation of what we already know please.

13 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

I think that's the first english sentence Brazilians are required to learn...

Hahaha it's a meme here, and Bruno Mars only made it even more popular now 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, pcj said:

So we're all agreed. An official announcement is imminent, beginning of October.

But what are we expecting them to say. We want specifics. Release dates of single(s) or album, song titles maybe, etc. Yes? We don't want confirmation of what we already know please.

Single plus Announcement I guess

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Alf said:

I believe we are getting a whole pack: Single, album title/cover/tracklist/release date, presale and first tour dates for 2024

Guessing, or know something?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alf said:

I believe we are getting a whole pack: Single, album title/cover/tracklist/release date, presale and first tour dates for 2024

Don’t forget the secret shows

• Like 4

With all the waiting, I'd like to get something more than a "New record coming February 54nd" and then radio silence.   If Green Day's about to pop out, pop out big!   A massive hit single with an album cut attached to it like Blink did with "ONE MORE TIME".   A music video, tour dates, and the most important thing of all, A MOTHER BLEEPING tracklist.     I don't need music from these guys.   Just trackslists.   Give me tracklists.....give them to me today, please.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Operation certainly feels like something greendayish to put into an album title!

Love how you're giving it a try, I feel like creativity is key now.

Speculators of this fine and aged establishment, this is your shining hour ;) 

Join our quest for truth! We need all our best minds at work!

Anyway, we essentially we have the following clues thus far: 

23 Sep: NOPE

25 Sep: NOT YEt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broken down by dy date and category this spells: 

23 Sep: NE ––– OP

25 Sep: NEY ––– OTt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick recap: 

For Green Day we currently have: GREEN DAY ---- and an extra N

For the album/single title we currently have the letters: O P O T t ---- if we say one O is just a repeat then we're left with: O P T t 

We had a theory earlier on relating to the small t. The idea was that it might be to indicate that it's not a repeat. But as we can see, the bold N in (presumably) GREEN DAY is also repeated.

So there are three more possible scenarios: 

1) It's referring to a t within a word, non-capitalised, for example Operation

2) It's referring to a t in a less meaningful, potentially non-capitalised word like "the" ----  for instance: Operation of the People  

3) It refers to it definitely being repeated, unlike the letter O for example. 

However, since Green Day seem unlikely to name anything in the second way, scenario 2) seems very unlikely. Scenario 3 does not necessarily contradict Scenario 1, so 1) and 3) seem quite plausible. 

So then the question is, what to do with the following letters 

O P T t 

Could it be an album title with three or more words, each respectively starting with O, P and T?

I feel like Operation is a worthy candidate for O. Perhaps also Oakland

This whole teasing cycle has definitely had a nostalgic element to it, so Time seems like a worthy candidate for T. 

P, I don't know. Pop? Punk? PlayPoprocksProstheticPanicParadise? Passalacqua

The other thing we could attempt to do, though with very little to go on, is to look at what the next composite words might be. 

GREEN DAY is still missing the letters G R D A

So the next three messages could read: 

1) kiNDA (for and A)

3) GEttiNG READY (for and R)

2) Oh YEA

Although, admittedly there would be a lot of repeats there, so not sure about it. 

Perhaps they'll also continue with the theme of starting with an N, until the answer to the question is yes. 

1) NOT TODAY  ---- (for and A)

2) NOT Right NOw  ---- or NOT REAll---- (for R)

3) GOd YEAh ---- (for G

But here's where we need all the creativity this place has to offer ;) So give it your best!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, M1KEY said:

Remember the 21stCB teaser page where the opening two intro chords of the title track just played on a continuous loop? I wonder if this site will somehow tease music on Oct. 1 or something…

Yup classic!

37 minutes ago, That Dude said:

With all the waiting, I'd like to get something more than a "New record coming February 54nd" and then radio silence.   If Green Day's about to pop out, pop out big!   A massive hit single with an album cut attached to it like Blink did with "ONE MORE TIME".   A music video, tour dates, and the most important thing of all, A MOTHER BLEEPING tracklist.     I don't need music from these guys.   Just trackslists.   Give me tracklists.....give them to me today, please.  

Radio silence will be released on October 1st

• Like 1

This greenday_info instagram user saying 'soon' the same day Green Day are sharing these stories 👀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alf said:

I think it's the announcement of the single, then when the single drops they announce the album and release date, kinda like Blink did

• Like 1

We're pretty sure that they're gonna do that club show in Vegas, but what are the possibilities of them doing another club tour? Like what they did for rev rad. I'd love for them to do that again because I wasn't a fan during that era (as if it wouldn't be a war zone trying to get tickets). Maybe I'll pay punk relief to get them for me lmao. Unless she buys them all for herself first...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, greenday.stuff said:

We're pretty sure that they're gonna do that club show in Vegas, but what are the possibilities of them doing another club tour? Like what they did for rev rad. I'd love for them to do that again because I wasn't a fan during that era (as if it wouldn't be a war zone trying to get tickets). Maybe I'll pay punk relief to get them for me lmao. Unless she buys them all for herself first...

I’m really hoping they do a warm up tour in select US cities then a 2024 world tour 

• Like 1