1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Yeah nothing new with this account. He leaked in the comment section of a post once about the new Blink single but I think it was pretty known in the Blink community.
But you can't be wrong by saying ''SOON'' lol I mean we all know it's pretty fucking soon.

39 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

2 songs in 2023

We're supposed to have 2 songs in 2023? Never saw that anywhere. Maybe he's the greatest insider... or I missed a post on GDC lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nflsbest26 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxqVqhWLzDw/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

not sure who’s page this is but I guess something is happening soon…

Sounds like someone reading this/some forum and posting stuff based on what is said elsewhere. Didn’t read one thing that wasn’t mentioned before either here or in other GD communities. 
Easy to say soon when there’s a supposedly official website with a “countdown” ending in five days. 

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

JASON implied the fonts meant something, he's the guy in the know here

Please provide a screenshot 

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

We're supposed to have 2 songs in 2023? Never saw that anywhere. Maybe he's the greatest insider... or I missed a post on GDC lol

The 2 songs in 2023 isn't something that's been said by any kind of insider or something. It's just something that could reasonably be assumed. Assuming the album comes out in early 2024, getting 2 songs before the end of 2023 is a reasonable assumption imo

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

Please provide a screenshot 

This is the complete article I think your referring to from greenday.fm, which I'm sure most have seen. Here's the complete article if you haven't seen it. Hope it helps.

What will happen when Green Day wake up?

By Jason Holmes / September 23, 2023 / Album 14

On September 20th, a mysterious new website surfaced at the URL isgreendayawake.com that directed users to a mostly blank page with just the word “NO” displayed. This morning that website updated its message to “NOPE”.

Green Day fans are no strangers to Wake Me Up When September Ends memes at this time of year, even the band themselves have used the joke in the past while promoting the launch of the Hella Mega Tour, could they be using it again to countdown to a new single and album announcement?

We know the band are expected to release their new album in “early 2024” according to producer Rob Cavallo, so we are certainly in the zone for the release of the lead single to begin promotion. Many bands in the streaming age are releasing three or more singles prior to the album dropping and Green Day has already played a new song called ‘1981’ at a performance earlier this summer, which could mean that it’s in line to be an early single.

Another clue to the legitimacy of the isgreendayawake.com website was a September 21st post from the band’s social media accounts promoting their upcoming headlining performances at the When We Were Young Festival in Las Vegas. While the post makes no direct reference to the mystery website, the poker chips shown in the image have the exact same pink colour hue as the words on the website.

While we don’t have any solid answers right now, perhaps as the messaging on the website changes in the coming days we’ll be provided with more clues. Otherwise, we’ll just have to wait and see what happens on October 1st…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, steve46 said:

My guess is that they will redirect isgreendayawake.com to a fresh GD website on October, 1st

Did someone already examine the source code of Green Day‘s website for possible hints?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TJChrobo said:

If this is all he said, it’s a stretch to say he implied the fonts and capitalization mean anything. Green Day likes pink, so that’s not enough of a correlation for me and again that says nothing to a secret message of the lettering itself. 

Again, I WANT it to mean something. I just don’t feel confident that it does. It is fun to get all worked up about it, I mean that’s what we do here, but most of the time we are wrong lol. I guess after all this time my I’ve learned to temper my expectations.

he talked about the fonts on the discussion thread on greenday.fm site

he said exactly this: "So it’s looking like the letters in Green Day are the ones not in italic"

anyways, I am quite sure the site is real, but also, people streched a lot what he said here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Alf said:

he talked about the fonts on the discussion thread on greenday.fm site

he said exactly this: "So it’s looking like the letters in Green Day are the ones not in italic"

anyways, I am quite sure the site is real, but also, people streched a lot what he said here

I think the wires got crossed. He's just (within the last hour) stated on greenday.fm that what he said before (the bit you quoted) is not a clue.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JDokinori said:

I think the wires got crossed. He's just (within the last 10 mins) stated that what he said before (the bit you quoted) is definitely not a clue.

So the ones in bold are green day

and the others are a title 

or not

4 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

So the ones in bold are green day

and the others are a title 

or not

That's my guess. I know as much as you do though. 

13 minutes ago, JDokinori said:

I think the wires got crossed. He's just (within the last hour) stated on greenday.fm that what he said before (the bit you quoted) is not a clue.

maybe damage control for talking too much.... been there before hahaha

• Like 2

Just now, JDokinori said:

That's my guess. I know as much as you do though. 

That’s kinda what he said he before too

we’ll know on 1st October 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

What if after all this it's just a very elaborate rickroll

21st Century Breakdown Part 2: A fuckin a todoso

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

21st Century Breakdown Part 2: A fuckin a todoso

With hits such as East Julian Nowhere and Horseshoes and Hashcoins!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, TrillieGD said:

Green day shared the page... LFG!!

That’s huge! First real hint given by them regarding new music in a while!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TrillieGD said:

Green day shared the page... LFG!!

Where?

• Like 1