1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah, maybe, but why else would he say, “Hint hint.”?

Because it’s his 50th birthday and that is a huge milestone for people - nothing to do with GD plans

• Like 4

On 2/1/2022 at 3:57 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Thank you red Hot chili peppers for being clear and not play with fans emotions with hints ir strange IG stories... Anouncement with date and that's all

I hope we get something from them today. This is the weirdest promotion strategy. Way too random and dragged out

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I hope we get something from them today. This is the weirdest promotion strategy. Way too random and dragged out

I was just thinking that too.

16 minutes ago, John.reject23 said:

Maybe is delayed because it turned out to be an album? 👀

Hopeful thinking! That would be amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Thank you red Hot chili peppers for being clear and not play with fans emotions with hints ir strange IG stories... Anouncement with date and that's all

They were hinting that something was coming for a long ass time too, tbf.

I still think we get an announcement or something, within the next few weeks. At the least I expect another hint around next week 

• Like 1

Does anyone remember how long it was between the network first posting about MM2020 Pt 2 and the first single? And more importantly, the time between the first post and the actual release? I know the network would follow a different marketing approach than Green Day, but that could give some indication on the timeline

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

They are just having fun right now. You shouldn't look at previous album cycles to gain insight on this one. It really seems like they are just doing what they want without care for the promo cycles of yesteryear.

I agree, but I think of the network as another project where they were just having fun, so I was looking at the “having fun” album cycle 😄

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I agree, but I think of the network as another project where they were just having fun, so I was looking at the “having fun” album cycle 😄

I wasn't referring to you. More at the thought that they couldn't just drop an album on the 17th or whatever. They absolutely can, and if they want to they will. 

The Network is for sure the closest thing we can point to on what to expect out of this release, at least promo wise.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cali_gd89 said:

Billie just posted about pinhead gunpowder. Definitely not getting any new green day related things today 

Wait....what?   

Green Day are the greatest band in the world and all, but Pinhead Gunpowder have left us hanging for TWENTY FIVE YEARS.   At least in terms of an actual studio album, since the rest of their releases are technically compilations.  

• Like 2

Please can we have no speculation theories about the stolen car? This was not a publicity stunt. Carry on 🙂

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Please can we have no speculation theories about the stolen car? This was not a publicity stunt. Carry on 🙂

Can we start a whole thread where we can speculate to the furthest reaches of reality and beyond?   

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's a 1962 Chevy not a 1972 anyway

Further evidence of a Trilogy.    60s/70s/80s.    WOO-RAH.  

I'm totally guessing but who knows maybe something will be announced on Monday the 7th. Isn't that the anniversary of the release of FOAM too? 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cali_gd89 said:

I'm totally guessing but who knows maybe something will be announced on Monday the 7th. Isn't that the anniversary of the release of FOAM too? 

Something has to be coming this week because a week from today is the Super Bowl Weekend show!!! After those teasers, I just can’t see them arrive at the show empty handed! What would they play, just American Idiot and Basket Case? This would be the perfect time to play something new!! You may be on to something here!! Maybe an announcement on Monday for a single coming out on Friday the 11th?!?!? 
On second thought about next Saturday’s show, if Billie doesn’t find his car by then, I wonder if they would cancel their appearance

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's like an hour and an half show on Saturday the 12th. I'm guessing only hits, no new songs.

• Like 4