1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

“She’s gonna bang her head like 1981…”

”And now back to Game 1 of the World Series!!!”

One Eyed Bastard would be a great promo song for the world series. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, legendary said:

I think 1981 not gonna be the first single. Maybe a promotional single just like FRA. 

What if they drop the proper single and a promotional one, just like b182 did. As much I love 1981 I don’t imagine it as a lead single. Unless the production of it is really good and the studio version is something that anybody could expect 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BratReject23 said:

What if they drop the proper single and a promotional one, just like b182 did. Even though I love 1981 I don’t imagine it as a lead single. Unless the production of it is really good and the studio version is something that anybody could expect 

That's what I'm expecting

5 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

One Eyed Bastard would be a great promo song for the world series. 

Taking shots at the umpires, I like it

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s the Brazil fan YouTube channel. Either @Alf knows something or he’s just playing along and changing the channel banner to pink

We just jumped on the speculation train, we know nothing, unfortunatelly

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Taking shots at the umpires, I like it

I was thinking more of get on your knees and you'll be kissing (my world series) ring but that works too 😅

( Go phillies!)

• Like 1

One Eyed Bastard is on the new record. I don't know where the idea that it was recorded during the FOAM sessions come from, I think that was people clutching at straws because of how middle of the road the song is.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 2

After the NFL Honors and the NHL All Stars, the MLB World Series.

1 minute ago, Westerberg89 said:

One Eyed Bastard is on the new record. I don't know where the idea that it was recorded during the FOAM sessions come from, I think that was people clutching at straws because of how middle of the road the song is.

How are you so sure about that? It's was confirmed being a FOAM B-Side

6 minutes ago, Westerberg89 said:

I hope so, the song slaps, would love to hear it fully produced.

I said this already but I think it will be given how much of an uproar it caused when it was leaked. If it was just a leftover B-side I don't think anyone would have really cared that much.

Who confirmed it was a FOAM song? I personally like the song and if the finished song sounds even better it could be a banger

• Love 2

13 minutes ago, Westerberg89 said:

Fever and DJD were foam b-sides however. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Who confirmed it was a FOAM song? I personally like the song and if the finished song sounds even better it could be a banger

I dont know how to insert images but I think BJA's artwork from the other day could be for OEB

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

5 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I dont know how to insert images but I think BJA's artwork from the other day could be for OEB

I thought we speculated that it was recorded in late 2020

4 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

“One Eyed Bastard” was not a FOAM leftover. No idea how that idea got out there as “fact.”

People decided that based on the fact that it leaked in late 2020 so was presumably recorded during that era. But as far as I knew, it was done after and was always intended to be a track for their next album.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

“One Eyed Bastard” was not a FOAM leftover. No idea how that idea got out there as “fact.”

Any word if it is on the new record?

2 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

It's on the photo of the band at a tea party, for the song OEB available on tiktok. It has the wording below the song title "unreleased track is a demo for father of all motherfuckers".

4 minutes ago, pcj said:

It's on the photo of the band at a tea party, for the song OEB available on tiktok. It has the wording below the song title "unreleased track is a demo for father of all motherfuckers".

The poster had bad info 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Its hard to believe we heard it this year and it was out for 3 years. Where are golden Napster years? 😂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's weird I don't see OEB and 1981 on the same album. 

Who says we're just getting one album? 👀

Kidding, I'm no insider like you

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Who says we're just getting one album? 👀

Kidding, I'm no insider like you

The only biggest inside I had was half wrong 😂