1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

It's also possible that the birthday hint was meant less literally than we took it to be. Something is coming but possibly not exactly on Feb 17

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

It was supposed to be on there until it got switched out with take the money and crawl, so my guess is either the label wanted a more upbeat song orrr Billie didn’t want to have even a semi reference of trump on there

I'm glad they replaced this with Take The Money And Crawl. Amazing song. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's also possible that the birthday hint was meant less literally than we took it to be. Something is coming but possibly not exactly on Feb 17

Yeah the birthday hint was completely unrelated to this project and shouldn’t be used as flagship evidence of anything. If something does come out on his birthday then great, but this wasn’t a multi year plan, some people give them too much credit 😂

2 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Yeah the birthday hint was completely unrelated to this project and shouldn’t be used as flagship evidence of anything. If something does come out on his birthday then great, but this wasn’t a multi year plan, some people give them too much credit 😂

But all the teaser dates put together, 19, 7, 22, that extra 2 leads me to believe something is coming this month! If that’s not the case, why couldn’t they just post the teaser on the 20th or February 2nd?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I never thought the birthday hint meant anything but I do think his impending 50th combined with a release that just happens to be called 1972 is significant 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Why did they cut this from FOAM?

Inaccurate.   Cats are friends with the Devil, their deal being made long ago.   

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I never thought the birthday hint meant anything but I do think his impending 50th combined with a release that just happens to be called 1972 is significant 

This I agree with

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Of course, it definitely isn't a coincidence. But I'm starting to think that the whole birthday thing doesn't neccessarily need to be the exact day of.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Of course, it definitely isn't a coincidence. But I'm starting to think that the whole birthday thing doesn't neccessarily need to be the exact day of.

Maybe an announcement is coming on his birthday? But then again, we have the Super Bowl show in a few weeks, it makes sense to release a new single before that

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Maybe an announcement is coming on his birthday? But then again, we have the Super Bowl show in a few weeks, it makes sense to release a new single before that

Yeah it does. Is the show going to be broadcast? It's still in over a week from now so they might still announce a single..

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah it does. Is the show going to be broadcast? It's still in over a week from now so they might still announce a single..

No broadcast unfortunately

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Someone will undoubtedly go on Facebook/Instagram live and save us all 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Someone will undoubtedly go on Facebook/Instagram live and save us all 😂

Anybody in this thread attending the show?

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

In that case, it seems unlikely to me that they'd announce a new single to premiere there.

• Like 1

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

In that case, it seems unlikely to me that they'd announce a new single to premiere there.

Not to premiere it there, but they may just want to play a new song and this way it won't get premiered by a bunch of people with cell phones, the official version will be out already.  They were rehearsing something with Kevin in the teaser.  I doubt he played on the recording.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not to premiere it there, but they may just want to play a new song and this way it won't get premiered by a bunch of people with cell phones, the official version will be out already.  They were rehearsing something with Kevin in the teaser.  I doubt he played on the recording.

Maybe a new song would premiere next Friday the 11th? If that’s the case, maybe we get the announcement tomorrow or Monday at the latest!!!

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Maybe a new song would premiere next Friday the 11th? If that’s the case, maybe we get the announcement tomorrow or Monday at the latest!!!

That's what I'm still thinking

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Hopefully! An announcement a week or five days ahead seems like a reasonable guess.

• Like 1

Seems like artists usually release singles on Fridays. It would be exciting if they went ahead and released one tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, Cali_gd89 said:

Seems like artists usually release singles on Fridays. It would be exciting if they went ahead and released one tomorrow 

We would’ve known about it by now. Even with the one-off singles we got in the past year, they posted ahead of time, saying, “Hey we got a new song on Friday.” 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cali_gd89 said:

This is because of charting and the way sales are calculated - even with them being independent they’re still on Warner for distro and likely wouldn’t take this strategy regardless for a comeback single

That interview response about his birthday was just a classic Dad joke about wanting gifts. Nothing to do with Green Day.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, michael1989 said:

That interview response about his birthday was just a classic Dad joke about wanting gifts. Nothing to do with Green Day.

Yeah, maybe, but why else would he say, “Hint hint.”?