1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Hey @GDFan2019 the logo is still not updated.

Recaps:
poker chips
isgreendayawake.com
new pink logo
a setlist in the last Billie Joe instagram story but it's not relevant it's only the setlist from the 924 gilman show in 2015

You're welcome

• Like 4

Green Day needs to step up marketing ASAP…that new Blink song/video already has 2.5 million views in under 24 hours….they got to start picking up the pace here

• Like 1

and we're back! this is an indicative that all the news are over hahahah

everything only happens whan GDC id down

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

Green Day needs to step up marketing ASAP…that new Blink song/video already has 2.5 million views in under 24 hours….they got to start picking up the pace here

The thing is with Dookie30 on September 29th I don't know if it's a good time to start promoting. They're kind of already doing it tho.

2 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

where can i find this?

Look like they're going back with the pink font.
isgreendayawake.com and the poker chips

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

The thing is with Dookie30 on September 29th I don't know if it's a good time to start promoting. They kind of already doing it tho.

Look like they're going back with the pink font.
isgreendayawake.com and the poker chips

ah ok. I wouldnt say that a "No" is a new logo, but yeah. We'll see. 
How official is the website?

4 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

How official is the website?

-Jason- shared it on Reddit and this guy is very very trustable.

3 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

No matter how good Green Day market this next album, they won't be able to compete with this new blink single/album (unless maybe it's like their absolute best), since this is their first album since they got back together. For the record, One More Time is a much better song than Edging was

• Like 2

after seeing blink live two weeks ago, listening to the 2 new songs, and seeing all the (social) media praise they get i am still confident we will see blink surpassing green day, atleast for the near future time (flashbacks to pop disaster tour)

1 hour ago, billy1986 said:

I think during this period, Blink will be way ahead of anything Green Day releases. They have the Tom factor and their reunion going for them, not to mention that the lyrics are quite emotional. On top of that, Travis has a huge following, both from Blink and other music genres, so many people will check out what he's going to release.

• Like 1

Interesting to see how Blink used the nostalgia factor for their latest video because I think Green Day will definitely do the same for this album too

Blink deserve a grammy this time.. Their new single is better than what green day has put out in the last 8 years.

I'm not even a Blink fan, but their new single slaps so hard

• Like 1

Um...who wins the day if the site is own.   I would like to claim the down days if possible.

If Day by Panicland sucks.

2 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

And we're back!

And I see they are asking for donations again to help with costs. Like others I've just sent a donation always will try to help, just ask. Was that why the site was down due to financial difficulties, or technical issues?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pcj said:

And I see they are asking for donations again to help with costs. Like others I've just sent a donation always will try to help, just ask. Was that why the site was down due to financial difficulties, or technical issues?

Probably because the bill wasn't paid. It's probably a certain amount to keep the domain up each months.

21 minutes ago, AlienVisitor said:

Playing with nostalgia is always winner

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, legendary said:

Poker chips post isn't pinned anymore

Looks like they wanted the Dookie posts to come up ahead of it for now

• Like 1

I didn't even know Blink had a new single. Just gave it a listen and I gotta say it doesn't  sound too bad and I kinda did enjoy it. Tom delogne's gotten old though after chasing aliens for so many years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billy1986 said:

2 hours ago, redline punk said:

I think during this period, Blink will be way ahead of anything Green Day releases. They have the Tom factor and their reunion going for them, not to mention that the lyrics are quite emotional. On top of that, Travis has a huge following, both from Blink and other music genres, so many people will check out what he's going to release.

Prior to the disappointing news back in May that the new GD album was delayed until early '24, we where looking forward to a October release this year.  If that had happened it would have been interesting with Blink's 9th release next month?

Some interesting stats on Wik'.

Total album sales to date world wide:

Blink 50m versus GD 85m.

Still, come early next year when the amazing new GD album is released everyone will forget Blink 182 in a blink of an eye. 😜

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlienVisitor said:

Blink deserve a grammy this time.. Their new single is better than what green day has put out in the last 8 years.

:lol: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlienVisitor said:

Some people are crazy

• Haha 1

Green Day should scrap whatever they have recorded and make a bunch of songs like Blink-182's new song.  When I am listening to it, all I can think about is Billie, Mike and Tre singing it.   I am not kidding.  I'm an X-Kidder.  But I survived.