1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I think more of an october or november announcement after the dookie 30th „hype“. Maybe the big festivlas in US or EU/UK could be a hint because none of them announced all of their headliner (or bands in general)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phildunphy said:

It's always so funny mess up with you kids

A guy named Phil Dunphy lived at the end of my road growing up. His wife gave me guitar lessons ..

Nice fella. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Although they did say in that email, “There’s SO SO SO much more to come this year + next! This is only the beginning!” 

They also said Forever Now was getting a music video.

They kinda just say shit that never happens.

On 9/15/2023 at 3:55 PM, GDFan2019 said:

Although they did say in that email, “There’s SO SO SO much more to come this year + next! This is only the beginning!” 

So what would you wish for, what other thing would you like to come true? Other than new album of course.

We've had 'Heart Like A Hand Grenade' (making of AI), and 'Quatro' (making of Trilogy). I think we're overdue another making of documentary DVD. And album 14 would, I'm sure, be compelling viewing. Considering all the twist and turns we've witnessed since the first tease. As some of the teases included clips of studio activity, what if the cameras kept rolling.......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pcj said:

So what would you wish for, what other thing would you like to come true? Other than new album of course.

We've had 'Heart Like A Hand Grenade' (making of AI), and 'Quatro' (making of Trilogy). I think we're overdue another making of documentary DVD. And album 14 would, I'm sure, be compelling viewing. Considering all the twist and turns we've witnessed since the first tease. As some of the teases included clips of studio activity, what if the cameras kept rolling.......

I said this ever since I first saw the teasers!!! These weren't random TikToks shot on a phone!!! These were professionally done!!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I said this ever since I first saw the teasers!!! These weren't random TikToks shot on a phone!!! These were professionally done!!!!

Idk they could have easily been filmed on a phone.

This is a long shot, (relax GreenDayFan, just speculation) but anyone think Billies little graffiti is artwork for One Eyed Bastard?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

This is a long shot, (relax GreenDayFan, just speculation) but anyone think Billies little graffiti is artwork for One Eyed Bastard?

I mean, it is possible they could’ve re-recorded it and reworked it under Cavallo’s direction.

10 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

This graffiti have an eyepatch!
One Eyed Bastard confirmed to be in the next album.

1 hour ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I made a joke.

12 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I hope 1981 and OEB have nothing to do with the new album.

1981 certainly will. It sounds pretty good to me im cool with it.

Now just judging by the one preformance we've seen it does seem a bit odd as a lead single choice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I hope 1981 and OEB have nothing to do with the new album.

1981 is officially in the new album, sorry :( 

I’m sure it is but it’s a terrible single. And disappointing to get it as a single months after first hearing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

I’m sure it is but it’s a terrible single. And disappointing to get it as a single months after first hearing it.

Yeah but we’ve only heard it in kind of bad quality audio. Some lyrics are not understandable, plus Billie was having audio issues with his ear piece!!! We already got a taste of the studio version and this sounds so much better!!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/yetJDI29N0A?si=-5R2VPwAineIuFj4

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah but we’ve only heard it in kind of bad quality audio. Some lyrics are not understandable, plus Billie was having audio issues with his ear piece!!! We already got a taste of the studio version and this sounds so much better!!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/yetJDI29N0A?si=-5R2VPwAineIuFj4

SHE'S GONNA BANG HER HEAD LIKE 1981 QUEBEC CITYYYYY

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I made a joke.

I missed that post haha. Hey ya never know, Dookie happens.

It is a pretty catchy song, and I think if OEB was just going to be locked in a vault as just a FOAM leftover the MODs wouldn't be so hard up about sharing it. 

Someone asked to Richie Bucher on instagram if the artwork he's working is for the new GD album. He replied 'No it's for myself, I didn't even know there's a new album happening'. 

Just for your information.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Seems like Billie is still in London from his last IG story. I’m in London. Pray for a random encounter, I swear I will ask about the record and not just melt down. 

• Like 2