1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I think with Dookie, new Green Day and new PHGP that they won’t do any more anniversary stuff next year but keep it for now. 

• Like 4

When will the 25th anniversary of Album 14 be out?  Hey, it'll probably come out around the time I will retire from work, sweet! 

Let's go ahead and start discussing what the bonus stuff for 1972 will be!   

• Haha 1

I honestly don't think they'll do anything for AI 20th.. I think they'll save it for the 25th.

And also 25th being more auspicious than 20th

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2023 at 3:01 PM, GDFan2019 said:

It's crazy how things can happen at any time!!! I started this thread back in December 2021 and titled it "Album 14 Speculation Thread", when we were hearing the rumors about 6 songs being recorded in London. To our surprise, they dropped the 1972 RAK teaser just a week later!!! And now 516 pages later, this is by far their most anticipated album!!!!!

Not their most anticipated album. It’s either AI or 21cb.

On 8/18/2023 at 6:25 AM, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk if it's just me but I want to hear the version of Drama Queen that was supposed to be on 21CB. I don't even like the song and I'm glad it wasn't on 21CB but I'm just curious what it would've sounded like. It probably would've fit more on 21CB than the trilogy. The fact that it was on the album until the end when it was replaced by Murder City (thankfully) makes me think that it must've been like fully recorded, or close to it, before it got replaced

It was fully recorded and mastered for sure because it was swapped out last minute. 

I would also like to hear it because it is most likely a superior recording to the one we got on Tre.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Not their most anticipated album. It’s either AI or 21cb.

It was fully recorded and mastered for sure because it was swapped out last minute. 

I would also like to hear it because it is most likely a superior recording to the one we got on Tre.

I think I even read somewhere that it was included on early review copies, so it's pretty surprising it hasn't ever leaked since then.

• Like 1

I guess album 14 is going to have to wait until we get 25 year versions of ALL the Green Day records.    Father of All turns 25 in 2045 and THEN, FINALLY....GD14 can be birthed. 

Let's see....39 smooth is 33.

Kerlplunk is 32.

Dookie is 30.

Insomniac is 29.

and I guess up.  It's nap time.   Remember, I was born in 19-19-1985 so I'm about 5000 years old.  

1972 or whatever.

Honestly think Simple Plan is a pretty overhated band. They're not a great band and I'm not familiar with their discography as a whole but they do have some songs I really like. They also have a fair amount of shit too, from what I've heard, but overall they're not too bad imo. I wouldn't mind if they were an opener for GD

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Honestly think Simple Plan is a pretty overhated band. They're not a great band and I'm not familiar with their discography as a whole but they do have some songs I really like. They also have a fair amount of shit too, from what I've heard, but overall they're not too bad imo. I wouldn't mind if they were an opener for GD

I just saw them with The Offspring and Sum 41, and they really did an awesome show.   

• Like 2

Simple Plan + Green Day would be really cool

• Like 2

Simple Plan isn‘t really awesome but they got some good songs especially the first two albums. And they‘re not that bad as a live band. I saw them performing in 2013 at Rock am Ring on the same Stage Green Day played as Headliner. 
Rise Against opened for Green Day and saw them 4 times and they are such a bad live band tbh, so Simple Plan would be a better Choice 😂

But for me I saw Zebrahead last thursday for the 10th time and they deserve more attention and as far as I know they also opened for Green Day many years ago

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nflsbest26 said:

Probably irrelevant info: saw sum 41 and simple plan last night. Simple plan lead singer was saying that one of their inspirations with making music is/was Green Day. Wonder if simple plan could be an opener for GD on next tour!

All 3 bands are on the When We Were Young lineup this year

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nflsbest26 said:

Probably irrelevant info: saw sum 41 and simple plan last night. Simple plan lead singer was saying that one of their inspirations with making music is/was Green Day. Wonder if simple plan could be an opener for GD on next tour!

I saw them in Charlotte and heard them say something about being inspired by Green Day and other punk bands. 

• Like 1

Simple plan already toured with green day for American idiot we don't need that shit again. Simple plan is still a band? 

16 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

Simple plan already toured with green day for American idiot we don't need that shit again. Simple plan is still a band? 

+ New Found Glory, Kaiser Chiefs, My Chemical Romance, Sugarcult, Jimmy Eat World and Against Me!

I want the Bouncing Souls opening for Green Day! 😊

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Please stop talking shit about my friend Pierre in this thread thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I totally lost track!!! I'm off by a few days but it's been 1 year since we got this last teaser!!!!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yeah, their live performance made me like Simple Plan even more than I already did. And when they did their  medley of Scooby-Doo/The Killers/ Avril Lavigne and the giant beach balls started bouncing, and weird little drones kept zooming over head....it was epic.  

And Pierre has even addressed the band sounding kind of goofy or silly.  He aspired to be heavier and even to sound like Green Day or AVX but your vocal personality and your writing personality isn't something you have control over. His voice is what he has to work with.

To get back on Green Day, it was great hearing Sum 41 and Simple Plan give them credit for inspiring them.

To 1972, Dookie30 and whatever comes next! 

17 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Im also not a fan 

If we’re going with Canadian bands I’ll take Sum 41

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Im also not a fan 

Billy Talent for me

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Im also not a fan 

Of course I'm taking Sum and Billy Talent before Simple Plan.
But SP is still a really good band I don't know why people are shitting on them. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Quit bragging about being close to celebrities to try and make yourself feel special here. JK I'm not Lukie.

2 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Im also not a fan 

Where's the GOB love?!

• Haha 4