1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

22 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And if they have another album from the last session why have they even been sitting on it this long when they keep saying they want to release music more frequently  (I keep waiting for the day we actually hear some of this mountain of stuff we’re told exists but never seem to get)

Likelyyy because they took a step back and realized it may not have been their best work. If a group of songs wasn’t good enough to make their worst selling worst reviewed album they they didn’t seem overly enthusiastic about, maybe it was a good idea to take a step back and challenge themselves

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It was my understanding that the five month wait was for the vinyl to be available. If the album is available to stream months before the vinyl and CD it cuts into album sales that earn more. So release them together, but with only one manufacturing plant left in the world, vinyl takes months. I think it’s also the packaging and other physical bits that take time with a big label because you’re in line behind all their other artists and they run on a schedule.    Again none of that should apply anymore if they’re only using Warner for distribution now and care more about releasing music than maximizing profits 

Guess they needed more time to design the unicorn vomit 😆

9 hours ago, Red said:

Guys, I would really hate to be the downer, but I think Feb 17 feels way to early to release an album they only just started teasing.
Okay not only that, but if I was Billie Joe, I probably wouldn't want to put my new album out on my Birthday, just like I hate going to work on my actual Birthday.
1972 is probably what the album is going to be called, and it's probably going to be a celebration of 50 years of the band members being alive, and it's fucking fantastic that you are excited... but I think you need to slow down just a tad if you think the band is just going to announce and drop a new album in such a short period of time. 

If we're lucky, I think we might get another teaser or something but please don't be disappointed if the band members don't go dropping massive announcements on their birthdays.

In short. The album hasn't even been announced yet. I very much doubt it's coming out anytime soon.

What about the triple EP theory? 1 for each of their birthdays!!!

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

I had heard the band had a whole other album already done by the time FOAM released. Not saying this is that, but just pointing out they have a lot of stuff that we have never heard. At this point in their career, I cannot imagine the band is still at a linear process of "Write, demo, record, mix, master, release" and repeat.

Maybe it’s the lost Songs For Assholes album? LOL but seriously, do you think they’ll combine this with the London songs and release 1 big album?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Likelyyy because they took a step back and realized it may not have been their best work. If a group of songs wasn’t good enough to make their worst selling worst reviewed album they they didn’t seem overly enthusiastic about, maybe it was a good idea to take a step back and challenge themselves

Right so then why release it now if as @Sanity Loan suggests they have another album recorded earlier ready to go?

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And are you sure that wasn’t The Network album? 

No, I'm not sure. Could have been!

55 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Right so then why release it now if as @Sanity Loan suggests they have another album recorded earlier ready to go?

The new project is not that whole batch of songs, a few ended up on the network album, some were released as the one off singles, and maybe one or two squeaked onto this one but I’m guessing this is mostly net new stuff

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jankowski576 said:

The new project is not that whole batch of songs, a few ended up on the network album, some were released as the one off singles, and maybe one or two squeaked onto this one but I’m guessing this is mostly net new stuff

I think so too

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

Fentanyl and Degenerate were FOAM session leftovers that got reworked into Network songs. As Bill Maher says; I can’t prove it for a fact, I just know it’s true. 

I don’t believe fentanyl was, everything about it is recorded completely differently

• Like 1

If anything is coming, it would be tomorrow. Doubt it though. This could be a long long wait.

17 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

If anything is coming, it would be tomorrow. Doubt it though. This could be a long long wait.

I doubt it’ll be that long, they’ll get it out before tour and will do press before that too

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

3 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I doubt it’ll be that long, they’ll get it out before tour and will do press before that too

We have to at least be getting a new single anytime soon because we have the Super Bowl show coming up on Saturday the 12th, and what a perfect time that would be to start promoting 1972!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

We have to at least be getting a new single anytime soon because we have the Super Bowl show coming up on Saturday the 12th, and what a perfect time that would be to start promoting 1972!!!

I agree that a single right before that show would be a good idea, but we don’t have to get anything. But I would think if the EP/LP is coming out before tour we’ll probably start getting a single or two the next month or so

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I agree that a single right before that show would be a good idea, but we don’t have to get anything. But I would think if the EP/LP is coming out before tour we’ll probably start getting a single or two the next month or so

Single on Billie’s 50th (Feb 17) and EP on Mike’s 50th (May 4)? Just in time for tour. They could even then release an LP for Tre’s 50th in December 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Single on Billie’s 50th (Feb 17) and EP on Mike’s 50th (May 4)? Just in time for tour. They could even then release an LP for Tre’s 50th in December 

@Sanity Loan Got any hints for us?