1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

3 hours ago, DanagedGoods said:

Conspiracy time! 

With the "there's SO SO SO much more", why use three SOs? Here's my prediction: There's 3 new Green Day things that have yet to be announced. 

In November/ December, we get Thing 1: 1972- an EP of 5 or 6 songs that are what the band initially worked on, this will include 1981. Chances are, this EP will follow some kind of loose narrative or so cohesion in some way. 

In February-April sometime, we get a whole album of new songs, this is Thing 2. 13-18 tracks of whatever they've been working on recently, with the vim and vigour they got whilst recording 1972. 

In May- August we get Thing 3: 20 Years of American Idiot, this will be huge and really catapult Green Day back into the mainstream, with us hardcore fans already very satiated. This will be similar to Dookie, and the Limited Edition vinyl set will have some Cigarettes and Valentines re-recordings for good measure. 

Alongside the American Idiot celebration, Green Day also announce the "WIDE AWAKE" tour, starting in October, celebrating 30 years of Dookie, 20 years of American Idiot, 1972 and the new album. A real greatest hits and a look at their new stuff tour. This world tour will probably last October-February time. 

Alternate Idea: No.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I can just see what that box set would look like

Disc 1. ¡UNO!

Disc 2. ¡DOS!

Disc 3. ¡TRÉ!

Disc. 4. ¡CUATRO!

Disc 5. ¡CINCO!: Live Blu Ray

Disc 6. ¡SEIS!: Demolicious

Disc 7. ¡SIETÉ!: Outtakes

Disc 8: ¡OCHO!: Outtakes

I’d love complete footage of the Irving Plaza gig - or even the Shepherds Bush gig 🙌🙌

• Like 4

I can just see it now. The Dookie box set drops on Friday, September 29th and then album 14 news will drop on Monday, October 2nd, and the first single will be out on Friday, October 13th!!

• Like 1

I said that Westbound Sign should have been a single and should be played live every show!!! Hopefully whenever they tour they will play deep cuts they never played like Bab’s Ulva Who? Panic Song WESTBOUND SIGN…Walking Alone…Haushinka..Uptight..Hold On..Misery…Deadbeat Holiday…sooooo many 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Butch Vig once said that GD wrote about 70 songs for 21st Century Breakdown as well. Hopefully we get to hear these demos as well!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Butch Vig once said that GD wrote about 70 songs for 21st Century Breakdown as well. Hopefully we get to hear these demos as well!

I’m sure we’ll have heard at least bits of many of them, but agreed.

• Like 4

Idk if it's just me but I want to hear the version of Drama Queen that was supposed to be on 21CB. I don't even like the song and I'm glad it wasn't on 21CB but I'm just curious what it would've sounded like. It probably would've fit more on 21CB than the trilogy. The fact that it was on the album until the end when it was replaced by Murder City (thankfully) makes me think that it must've been like fully recorded, or close to it, before it got replaced

Imagine if they dropped full live performances from all the different countries they played in during the 21st CB era (or the trilogy) 👀

Then we're talking! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I hear from Sum 41 that Green Day's new album will feature a really great cover of Rollin by L I M P.

Something I never knew I wanted... now I need it. Keep on rollin baby. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/17/2023 at 10:00 AM, localinsomniac said:

I genuinely believe any AI anniversary set will be pushed back to the 25th. We want it all and we want it now, but doing all this in the span of a year would be overwhelming for fans and their bank accounts

Plus we got the Insomniac 30th anniversary in 2025!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

They already did a release for the 25th anniversary, I doubt they'll do anything for the 30th

Yeah but it just included the unreleased Prague show, no demos or outtakes.

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

My brother in Christ we don’t need anymore reissues lol

New album could be called Chiflada and it will sound exactly like Dookie, but with the continuing story of American Idiot.    Or 

杜基

डूकी

Hey, Dookie in french is Idiote.      Oh my.  I think I've unlocked a Green Day secret.   I bet the new album will come out now that I've cracked THAT code! 

дуки

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

The album was remastered too, and everything from the insomniac recording session was released and available on Shenanigans, there's nothing left from the session to share and the band or label probably thought the demos weren't worth releasing. It's my favorite album but I don't think it warrants another anniversary edition 

What do you reckon is going to be the next anniversary edition after Dookie 30?

I doubt American Idiot will get an anniversary edition for its 20th on the same year as Dookie 30. Like they'll surely do something to celebrate AI's 20th like playing it in full live like they've done with Dookie. But I doubt we'll get a big release for AI 20. It'll probably be Warning 25 next, right?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

What do you reckon is going to be the next anniversary edition after Dookie 30?

I doubt American Idiot will get an anniversary edition for its 20th on the same year as Dookie 30. Like they'll surely do something to celebrate AI's 20th like playing it in full live like they've done with Dookie. But I doubt we'll get a big release for AI 20. It'll probably be Warning 25 next, right?

And don't forget we're also getting the new album at some point next year too!!!

7 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Plus we got the Insomniac 30th anniversary in 2025!!!

If my memories working, there's also Warning album 25th anniversary in 2025?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pcj said:

If my memories working, there's also Warning album 25th anniversary in 2025?

Again, please no more reissues.

• Like 1