1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 minute ago, nflsbest26 said:

I wonder if we will get any news about the new album this Thursday as well or whether it will solely be Dookie 30th anniversary stuff

Thursday will obviously just be Dookie 30 news.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

My guess is that we won't hear anything about the new album until after Dookie 30 is released.

I hope Dookie 30 is a Fall release, because a February (actual anniversary) release would mean a longer wait for the new album!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

My guess is that we won't hear anything about the new album until after Dookie 30 is released.

11 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

A 5-6 month build up for an anniversary album would not be fun (nor smart).

Yeah this, and I would not say any other reason for releasing an anniversary record 5/6 months before the actual anniversary than having the February slot (or one close to it) already booked for another more important release 🙃

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Yeah this, and I would not say any other reason for releasing an anniversary record 5/6 months before the actual anniversary than having the February slot (or one close to it) already booked for another more important release 🙃

The Dookie sessions were in September 1993 so a September release would be smart!!! I hope that means we'll get the fall-ish single that Hans was talking about in October!!! 1981?

• Like 2

I think they’re gonna use Dookie30 to build up hype and then we will get Album 14 news leading up.

My guess? Dookie 30 in February and Album 14 next summer.

Which is fine with me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 420thedoctor69 said:

I think they’re gonna use Dookie30 to build up hype and then we will get Album 14 news leading up.

My guess? Dookie 30 in February and Album 14 next summer.

Which is fine with me.

Yeah but @Sanity Loan said above that this wouldn't be the smart thing to do

I'm thinking we get a single for the new album Fall 2025. They're going to let Dookie breathe for a while like they did with Nimrod.

51 minutes ago, phildunphy said:

Dookie 29th Sep

It's the 72 thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's the 72 thread

The new record could be Dookie, if Dookie were recorded in 1972 by guys born in 1950.   It will be called something a bit classier....what would be a 50s word for poop?

with the dookie release **when september ends** (i see what they did there lol) i expect they will post stuff/promote it during september/october, BUT imo we could still get a first single / 1972 announcement in november/december :) (hopefully)

38 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

with the dookie release **when september ends** (i see what they did there lol) i expect they will post stuff/promote it during september/october, BUT imo we could still get a first single / 1972 announcement in november/december :) (hopefully)

I think the first single of the new era will be out in October. November/December is the holiday season, and Christmas music will be getting the most streams and radios will be tuned to the stations flipped to 24/7 Christmas music. 

54 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I think the first single of the new era will be out in October. November/December is the holiday season, and Christmas music will be getting the most streams and radios will be tuned to the stations flipped to 24/7 Christmas music. 

As you may remember, my guessing for Dookie 30th was late September-early October. Now we know it is 29th of September. 

My guess was that the new single of new album will follow soon after (late October-early November) with the new album release date being sometime between Feb-(latest) May 2024. 

Following a build up for Dookie 30th during August and September, we will get it on Sep 29th. After a 2 week break after this, I think we will most probably hear the new single from the new album on the 3rd or 4th week of October (if not originally planned for November). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

As you may remember, my guessing for Dookie 30th was late September-early October. Now we know it is 29th of September. 

My guess was that the new single of new album will follow soon after (late October-early November) with the new album release date being sometime between Feb-(latest) May 2024. 

Following a build up for Dookie 30th during August and September, we will get it on Sep 29th. After a 2 week break after this, I think we will most probably hear the new single from the new album on the 3rd or 4th week of October (if not originally planned for November). 

And that lines up with what Hans said about the new single (1981?) being a “fall-ish” release

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And that lines up with what Hans said about the new single (1981?) being a “fall-ish” release

Exactly;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

We don't "know" anything. It isn't Thursday and there hasn't been an announcement yet.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, steve46 said:

Now the next post for #Dookie30 - they‘re building up hype!

9 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

Still don't know why Dookie30 is being talked in this thread.

• Like 2