1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I have a theory that Green Day are planning a big US tour and they’re going to have The Menzingers open up for them. Menzingers are announcing a new album tomorrow, so it would make sense. 

again just a theory

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Surprised 1

7 hours ago, Macys said:

for your own good i think you shoud get off this website cause youre creating all sorts of crazy theories and obsession all the time. It doesn't really bother me but what really does is you keeping this thread open for no apparent reason. Sorry if I am being toxic but coming here I expect some real news

I agree I’m always hoping for some actual news when I see someone has commented on this thread. But really I think it’s crazy to actually expect real news on this thread. This thread is ridiculous. I think that’s the point of a speculation thread. It’s stupid and I hate myself for checking this thread thinking there’s something good posted.

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

This week should be a good time for an announcement. 

It isn‘t fall yet?

1 hour ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I agree I’m always hoping for some actual news when I see someone has commented on this thread. But really I think it’s crazy to actually expect real news on this thread. This thread is ridiculous. I think that’s the point of a speculation thread. It’s stupid and I hate myself for checking this thread thinking there’s something good posted.

It's crazy how things can happen at any time!!! I started this thread back in December 2021 and titled it "Album 14 Speculation Thread", when we were hearing the rumors about 6 songs being recorded in London. To our surprise, they dropped the 1972 RAK teaser just a week later!!! And now 516 pages later, this is by far their most anticipated album!!!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

THIS!

We are all crazy here. Let’s play nice.

I have had people on this thread come at me. I usually ignore them. I am here for fun and informative fan interaction.

What sane person would read or write on a 500+ speculation thread? Nobody and everyone.

I wonder if the band themselves sometimes take a peek at our threads

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

This week should be a good time for an announcement. 

A Dookie anniversary announcement, yes.

• Like 1

So, do you guys think this Dookie 30 thing will be a fall release or the actual 30th anniversary, February? Then where does that put the new album’s release?

Given they're teasing it now, solid chance it gets released before September 2025

• Haha 1

The album is gonna be named "Troll Mania" and is a mantric Punk Prayer about killjoys on the internets. And maybe some other places.

3 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

Honestly I dont get why people would be more excited about this instead of a new album, they are the same songs we’ve heard serveral times but live or acoustic or demos and that’s it. 

I’m not ‘more’ excited for this, I am excited for both. Looking forward to this, can’t wait for new album would be my categories. 😂

• Like 3

There's nothing really to be excited about regarding the new album though. Like all we know about the album is that 1981 is probably going to be on it and that's not a song I care for at all based on the live version. I mean, I'll definitely be excited once they actually announce the album and start properly promoting it but we've not got anything yet apart from teasers from a year ago or longer. We're probably not going to even hear anything about the new album for the next 6 months, why would I get excited for that right now?

With Dookie 30, there's an element of uncertainty because we don't know what exactly is going to be released, is it going to be another release in the same vein as Nimrod/Insomniac 25, is this going to be a bigger release? I mean, Dookie is one of their 2 biggest albums, it's for sure going to get more attention. Some proper promotion. Right? But that level of uncertainty is exciting, it's not like the new album where we hear nothing for over a year and then get some mediocre sounding live song. Plus, we're actually getting some promotion of Dookie 30 right now

Like, if anything I don't understand why you wouldn't be more excited for Dookie 30 over the new album right now?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

There's nothing really to be excited about regarding the new album though. Like all we know about the album is that 1981 is probably going to be on it and that's not a song I care for at all based on the live version. I mean, I'll definitely be excited once they actually announce the album and start properly promoting it but we've not got anything yet apart from teasers from a year ago or longer. We're probably not going to even hear anything about the new album for the next 6 months, why would I get excited for that right now?

With Dookie 30, there's an element of uncertainty because we don't know what exactly is going to be released, is it going to be another release in the same vein as Nimrod/Insomniac 25, is this going to be a bigger release? I mean, Dookie is one of their 2 biggest albums, it's for sure going to get more attention. Some proper promotion. Right? But that level of uncertainty is exciting, it's not like the new album where we hear nothing for over a year and then get some mediocre sounding live song. Plus, we're actually getting some promotion of Dookie 30 right now

Like, if anything I don't understand why you wouldn't be more excited for Dookie 30 over the new album right now?

Do you think they’ll play another new song at Louder Than Life or When We Were Young?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do you think they’ll play another new song at Louder Than Life or When We Were Young?

Eightball says there is 29% chance of them playing another new song.   Or 71% percent chance.  ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cav9mm said:

If Panicland were any good , they should release an album called “1972”

GD's new album is 'Magnum Opus' in disguise. 

• Haha 1

I wonder if we will get any news about the new album this Thursday as well or whether it will solely be Dookie 30th anniversary stuff

• Like 2