1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 hours ago, Q-Man said:

1981 was actually a long lost Dookie demo that is going to be the lead single from "Dookie 30th Anniversary Edition - Three Decades of Excrement" much like You Irritate Me from the Nimrod anniversary. 

I recall someone said that 1981 in 1972 teaser? but I can't find which clip

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but BJ changed his Insta bio to “I know you are.. But what am I?”

Maybe a lyric? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IsaGreenDay said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but BJ changed his Insta bio to “I know you are.. But what am I?”

Maybe a lyric? 

It’s a Paul Reubens quote

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

This would have fit really well right in the middle of Nimrod’s tracklist

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IsaGreenDay said:

Maybe a lyric? 

48 minutes ago, grinsoniko said:

It’s a Paul Reubens quote

Paul Reubens (a.k.a. Pee-Wee Herman) died of cancer last week

idk, i'm confused with this timeline now... are they going to delay the new album release? or the dookie30 thing is gonna go released before the new album?

if that guy was right, promotion was scheduled to begin in the fall, but with the dookie30 now i dont think it will... or maybe:

september dookie30
octorber/november new single

13 minutes ago, Arthur_Rhuan said:

idk, i'm confused with this timeline now... are they going to delay the new album release? or the dookie30 thing is gonna go released before the new album?

if that guy was right, promotion was scheduled to begin in the fall, but with the dookie30 now i dont think it will... or maybe:

september dookie30
octorber/november new single

I don't think the new album release date will be any later than April-May 2024. 

17 hours ago, DanagedGoods said:

What if #Dookie30 is actually Two-kie and the new album is a total sequel to their seminal album? 

Would make a lot of sense if you really think about it*

*Please don’t think about it too much 

"We know how much you bleepers like Dookie, so we went ahead and recorded 13 more songs that sound just like Dookie but with way more experience behind it!" 

Billie says this as they reveal their new setlist - Most of Dookie, 7 American Idiot tracks and 5 new songs that sound like Dookie. 

Basketcase is interesting. It starts with just guitar.   Then drums.   It's a very simple song, and they haven't done another song like it since.    Guys, It's time for Still A Basketcase or We're All Basketcases.    Basketcase 3000.  Basketcase ii.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, phildunphy said:

hey kids, Dookie 30 will be your saviours in this time with no news about new album

This Dookie 30 thing further adds to the confusion about the new album release window

What if Crush is trying to Mickey Mouse a package of the anniversary and new albums together. Release them on the same day as standalones and as some deluxe thing they slap together, with one or two live tracks shoehorned in there for good measure

59 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

What if Crush is trying to Mickey Mouse a package of the anniversary and new albums together. Release them on the same day as standalones and as some deluxe thing they slap together, with one or two live tracks shoehorned in there for good measure

I really hope they don't do anything like that, I feel like Dookie would overshadow the new album and they've been delaying the new album because they feel it's special and want it to get the most attention. It makes more sense to me to release the new album first but idk, I've never been in marketing or anything, maybe White Tim could give his opinion on this since he's worked with labels. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Doggins said:

Looks like they'll be testing new songs for sure

What makes you say that?

I guess we should open a new topic/thread for this show.

Surprisingly I was able to get a ticket. Didn't even think it through but I acted fast since they were selling quick. Not even sure if I will go lol. SF is sketch and an hour away.. 

• Like 1

Is 1981 the new side project??

Nevermind they’re a real band.

Edited by dudley dawson

They like their side projects more than Green Day and have since 21CB. It’s their fault for restricting themselves to the “Green Day sound.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

They like their side projects more than Green Day and have since 21CB. It’s their fault for restricting themselves to the “Green Day sound.”

They should have done a chinese democracy situation after 21cb 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sheenius said:

They should have done a chinese democracy situation after 21cb 

21st Century Breakdown followed by 8,000,000 pages of speculation as we wait for the 9th Green Day record.     Imagine if Breakdown was the last time we heard from Green Day.   Last of the the American Girls the last single.  

Dang.