1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

14 minutes ago, dookmeister333 said:

Well I just watched all the released teasers again, and I think they are going for it this time, I think they are going big with this one..like in one clip Tre says "but this is a big slow song" and another clip where they are stopped by Rob when he couldn't hear the toms enough and the way Billie wwas describing one how he couldn't put words on it but wanted the structure to remain great , think they said something about letterbomb and in a few other clips, one of which sound like holliday a bit also...I think we are actually gonna get an cross between A.I  and 21cb at this point and I think they may be adding to it, just like when Billie pulled back 21cb to add See the light to it at the last minute and also maybe when he said 1972 is dead they went for something more clever like ai or 21cbd  and 1981 has beed dropped from it as it didn't fit in and that's why they played it live for us to atleast hear something new ..well that's what I'm hoping for anyways...nevermind , said my wee bit, back under my (worry)rock I crawl to wait for any hints of an update, see you all on page 1039 🤟

Pretty sure it was Murder City added last minute, not See the Light. I've not heard anything about See the Light being a late addition to 21CB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThranaM said:

Nah, I saw you changed your post bro, you said «yup» first  before you edited it so I’m holding that against you 😉

#nameconfirmed100%nodoubtjustaskgdfan2019

Oh yeah, because I suppose to know something... 

I am just trolling

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh man, that would be February. Would be odd to do an album anniversary and a new album at the same time if they’re doing anything similar to nimrod…

• Like 2

Maybe they‘re playing Dookie in full on their upcoming tour for the new record? Would be an awesome way to celebrate 30th of Dookie and the new album with some hits. Just speculation, but why not promote the new album with a tour where they play dookie in full

381pjk.jpg

37 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Pretty sure it was Murder City added last minute, not See the Light. I've not heard anything about See the Light being a late addition to 21CB

Now thinking about it, maybe 1972 was as suggested on here originally as an EP.. then it turned into an album rand at that point, maybe marketing wise 2024 would be the big year for Green Day with Dookie’s 30th anniversary and American Idiots 20th Anniversary. I think 2024 will be huge for Green Day and something will be announced in September / October. 

I say announcement surely late this year due to tour announcements and planning schedules, building hype etc etc. 

Edited by Whatshisnamee

55 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I stand corrected, I was adamant that it was see the light, don't know why I have thought that since the album came out, my bad 🤣

3 minutes ago, Whatshisnamee said:

Now thinking about it, maybe 1972 was as suggested on here originally as an EP.. then it turned into an album rand at that point, maybe marketing wise 2024 would be the big year for Green Day with Dookie’s 30th anniversary and American Idiots 20th Anniversary. I think 2024 will be huge for Green Day and something will be announced in September / October. 

I say announcement surely late this year due to tour announcements and planning schedules, building hype etc etc. 

If they're going to release a Dookie anniversary in September, it would make perfect sense because, yes the album was released in February 1994, but it was recorded in September 1993!!! So maybe after that, we'll get the first single from the new album in October, then the new album in February!!!

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Nah I'm all set on Dookie, thanks.

I’m not. Having an official way to stream the demos would be really cool, maybe a surround mix, some studio chatter or alternate takes (less likely but would be really nice), a digital release for Woodstock ‘94, or an official release/remaster for Jaded in Chicago (uncensored, natch) would all be great goodies to have. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

How will they cram in yet another Nice Guys Finish Last cut into #Dookie30?

• Haha 1

Dookie's 30th will be a much bigger event than Insomniac/Nimrod 25. It's not just going to be the biggest fans excited for a re-release of this classic album

I expect that we'll once again probably hear the full album live at least once. May not be the album everyone wants the band to play in full but at least it won't just be the big hits getting played. The anniversary edition has so much potential if they actually do some promotion for it, not stuff it with live versions of songs we already have several versions of, put the Dookie demos in there so we can actually stream them. And maybe carry some of that momentum from the Dookie release over to the new album. Maybe this will be the album to finally see the band return to the Dookie sound that so many people have asked for over the years :P

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 11:07 AM, MillenniumFan said:

Might not be so much that they would say something negative, as much as not necesarily *highlighting* or *emphasizing* how good something in particular is, i.e. big praise of a record as opposed to the absence of that, if you catch my drift. 

Thing is, I think superfan expectations for the new record are sky-high and frankly quite likely to be dashed, at least for many here on GDC. That said, after FOAM, the wider public’s expectations (by which I mean casual fans & listeners) are reasonably low, so I feel comfortable saying the album is very likely to get a lot of good press and reception by alternative rock / punk fans, which I’m happy about, even if some on here (perhaps even myself) will end up disappointed.

However, whilst only the final album will tell the full story, they appear to have put a lot of effort and care into the new record and I think we’ll be able to hear that, one way or another. 

And most casual fans or listeners or more easily manipulated by general and popular opinions.

so if the general consensus is “a return to form” then the reception will be overwhelmingly positive even if its a middle of the road record

It may help that the band has been out of the spotlight for a long time too. The listener fatigue at the tail end of AI was at an all time high and as good as Ai was for the band that kinda killed them a bit imo

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Dookie's 30th will be a much bigger event than Insomniac/Nimrod 25. It's not just going to be the biggest fans excited for a re-release of this classic album

I expect that we'll once again probably hear the full album live at least once. May not be the album everyone wants the band to play in full but at least it won't just be the big hits getting played. The anniversary edition has so much potential if they actually do some promotion for it, not stuff it with live versions of songs we already have several versions of, put the Dookie demos in there so we can actually stream them. And maybe carry some of that momentum from the Dookie release over to the new album. Maybe this will be the album to finally see the band return to the Dookie sound that so many people have asked for over the years :P

I heard they also rerecorded 409 in Your Coffeemaker for Dookie in the same way they rerecorded Welcome to Paradise for it, so hopefully we'd get to hear that!! Hell, maybe they'd release it as a single!!!

31 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I heard they also rerecorded 409 in Your Coffeemaker for Dookie in the same way they rerecorded Welcome to Paradise for it, so hopefully we'd get to hear that!! Hell, maybe they'd release it as a single!!!

And Christie Road

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1981 was actually a long lost Dookie demo that is going to be the lead single from "Dookie 30th Anniversary Edition - Three Decades of Excrement" much like You Irritate Me from the Nimrod anniversary. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

1981 was actually a long lost Dookie demo that is going to be the lead single from "Dookie 30th Anniversary Edition - Three Decades of Excrement" much like You Irritate Me from the Nimrod anniversary. 

Mmm…

I just want a new album tbh

19 hours ago, 420thedoctor69 said:

The live quality wasn’t what I was referring to. I was talking about the dogshit writing.

The lyrics are really dogshit I hope it was just an idea and not going on the album.

• Love 1