1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Thing is everybody is saying like "dont expect a american idiot 2, or a 21stcb 2" and I dont know why? The Band has done these two albums. We know that they can make these epic, absolutely iconic songs, so why dont expect a new big thing like that? It's actually what I hope for. RevRad was good too, and I wouldnt be dissapointed if the new album is as good as RevRad. But what I really hope for is something that really is amazing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, phildunphy said:

the wait will worth guys

I have heard 4 new songs and it's a banger

What are the 4 song title?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, phildunphy said:

the wait will worth guys

I have heard 4 new songs and it's a banger

What’s your source or connection?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I was expecting GDFan2019 to ask It

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 420thedoctor69 said:

If 1981 really is the first single then I’m really worried because I wasn’t impressed like even in the slightest. I hope the studio version is better than the live version.

Overall I don’t really have much hope in this album which sucks because they’re my favorite band. But the trilogy was a mess, Revolution Radio was half good and FOAM has 2 songs I still revisit.

They can still surprise me but I’m really scared they won’t. I’d be more impressed if they went the direction of One Eyed Bastard because that song smacked. 1981 is kinda dogshit.

I mean, that was the first time they played 1981 live, so of course it would sound a little rough

A part of me want to call bullshit on this 4 songs but we're so close of an official announcement I'm not surprised if some things are getting leaked now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Thing is everybody is saying like "dont expect a american idiot 2, or a 21stcb 2" and I dont know why? The Band has done these two albums. We know that they can make these epic, absolutely iconic songs, so why dont expect a new big thing like that? It's actually what I hope for. RevRad was good too, and I wouldnt be dissapointed if the new album is as good as RevRad. But what I really hope for is something that really is amazing.

Sometimes I feel like I can't match the quality of certain songs I wrote one year ago, let alone twenty. They're practically different people and I think Idiot especially is was always going to be a lightning in a bottle thing. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think it's a lot more reasonable to expect RevRad than anything else (and as I've said previously RevRad with Cavallo + CLA production would've been absolutely phenomenal, not that it's not fantastic already).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

I wasn't given this type of opinion for FOAM. I have no reason to doubt the person who said this.

Can you tell us who said it?

7 hours ago, Alf said:

The thing is that it's almost impossible to put out a worse record than Father Of All... 

dont let the band see this or theyll prove you wrong

8 hours ago, Cunt said:

Honestly, like do we really care if they win a Grammy? Do they care if they win a Grammy? All I care is that this album gives me 35-45 minutes of rock and roll happiness and that when the tour is announced I don’t have to drive to fucking Denver again to see these guys. 

If you dont drive to denver again theyll win a grammy

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I can't say about the titles, but do you like American Idiot album? 

If the answer is yes, you will like the new record. 

4 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

What’s your source or connection?

Someone involved in the new album process

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Guys, I’m not quite ready for “things to start getting crazy”. My wallet is still recovering from hella mega presented by Harry Davidson tickets for the whole family, the anniversary bundles, coffee subscription, and all the 1234 go merch…

that’s when I say… what the hey!”

• Like 1

I reckon RevRad would've been nominated for probably multiple Grammy awards if it was released at a different time. As it was released in October of 2016, it was right after the cut off for the 2016 Grammys and thus only would've been valid for 2017 Grammys and by that point, the mainstream would've completely forgotten about RevRad. But Still Breathing and Bang Bang were fairly popular singles early on and at the time, the album was considered a major return to form after the trilogy. FOAMF was released at a better time but no one liked it Not that Grammys even matter anyway but I do think it's nice when good bands and good music are appreciated by people

I still only listened to 1981 once but I absolutely thought nothing of it. It was a low quality live recording though so I hope I do find some enjoyment out of the studio version but if that's the lead single, then I'm not expecting a very good album. It absolutely sounded like an album filler track to me

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Verycool99 said:

I’m sure that @phildunphy is talking about OEB. 
Sidenote, if you type 1981 into Spotify, green day comes up in the search suggestions

None of 4 songs that I heard was OEB

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

17 minutes ago, phildunphy said:

None of 4 songs that I heard was OEB

So if you do have insight into the production process, why did you say album in November when Cavallo said 2024?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So if you do have insight into the production process, why did you say album in November when Cavallo said 2024?

These were the estimate dates when I was told back in February. Nothing official. 

Edited by phildunphy
  • Like 1

For those of you thinking that 1981 is lackluster, just look at the lead single from 21st century breakdown... Know Your Energy doesn't really have much going on in that song, so there's still hope that the new album will be musically diverse and impressive 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I mean, that was the first time they played 1981 live, so of course it would sound a little rough

That statement is fundamentally wrong.

2 hours ago, Radiation Fear said:

Guys, I’m not quite ready for “things to start getting crazy”. My wallet is still recovering from hella mega presented by Harry Davidson tickets for the whole family

One day I want to own a Harry Davidson motorcycle. Or maybe a Pete Davidson...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

That statement is fundamentally wrong.

Actually I think someone mentioned that Billie was having audio issues in his earpiece

1 hour ago, Maddie86 said:

For those of you thinking that 1981 is lackluster, just look at the lead single from 21st century breakdown... Know Your Energy doesn't really have much going on in that song, so there's still hope that the new album will be musically diverse and impressive 

And we already heard the 21CB demo leak before that too!!!

3 hours ago, phildunphy said:

I can't say about the titles, but do you like American Idiot album? 

If the answer is yes, you will like the new record. 

Someone involved in the new album process

Billie, is that you? 👀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

The live quality wasn’t what I was referring to. I was talking about the dogshit writing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phildunphy said:

These were the estimate dates when I was told back in February. Nothing official. 

Then why yesterday you edited your original posts from months ago, that makes trusting whatever you say a very hard job 🙃

2 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Then why yesterday you edited your original posts from months ago, that makes trusting whatever you say a very hard job 🙃

I was just jerking around at that time.