1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Unless they’re sticking with the FOAM formula, September-February. It probably wouldn’t seem so long this time if the tour starts much earlier than next summer. And besides, we have no official confirmation for 2024 except for that article about Rob Cavallo‘s setup. 

We have no official confirmation for 2024 except for the band's producer saying that. That seems like pretty good confirmation that the album will almost surely be releasing in 2024. Even if we get a single tomorrow, I would still assume that a 2024 release is still the plan unless told otherwise

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

The album is for 2024. I promise.

Do you know if it's early or late?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

Aw man but the last 5 were mid

But Dos and Tre came early.

• Like 2

I just need to know if after when we were young they are doing a mini tour or secret shows for the promotion in THIS 2023. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, M1KEY said:

Ok I've never looked at billie sexually but goddamn that dude on the right can GET IT!! 🥵

I mean...you're not wrong...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Mid year?   

Just mid

Listened to 1981 again, damn I'm so excited for this record. It just sounds so much like Green Day and I've missed that so much

• Like 1

3 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Just mid

Which albums are mid in your opinion?   

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 9:24 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Sometime when i'm pooping I wonder if Billie is pooping too

Me too!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

On 8/3/2023 at 10:24 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Sometime when i'm pooping I wonder if Billie is pooping too

These are actual lyrics from the new album and you heard it first here, folks.   

;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, That Dude said:

Which albums are mid in your opinion?   

Each one holds a special place in my heart but honestly, everything post-21CB has really been missing the magic for me. Of those five I'd say Uno has had the most replay value.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Each one holds a special place in my heart but honestly, everything post-21CB has really been missing the magic for me. Of those five I'd say Uno has had the most replay value.

I agree that the post-21CB stuff hasn't been as good as what they've done in the 00's or most of the 90's. But I think there are definitely a lot of fantastic songs on the trilogy

Idk if this is a hot take but there's so much more value in the trilogy than RevRad to me honestly. I still like RR but it is pretty underwhelming to me. I used to consider it one of my favourite Green Day albums, like top 5 at least, but it's really gone down on my album ranking over time. I feel like I should like it a lot more than I do. I mean, it's sort of like the trilogy but a more compact 40 minute album instead of a project filled with 37 songs and it's closer to the style of AI/21CB (my favourite albums) than the trilogy was. But it just doesn't reach the highs of AI/21CB and the trilogy has a ton of great highlights that can compare with the best of their discography despite also having quite a few tracks that are mediocre/mid by Green Day standard. RevRad imo only really has 1 song that I can bring up amongst the best songs of their discography and that's Bang Bang

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I agree that the post-21CB stuff hasn't been as good as what they've done in the 00's or most of the 90's. But I think there are definitely a lot of fantastic songs on the trilogy

Idk if this is a hot take but there's so much more value in the trilogy than RevRad to me honestly. I still like RR but it is pretty underwhelming to me. I used to consider it one of my favourite Green Day albums, like top 5 at least, but it's really gone down on my album ranking over time. I feel like I should like it a lot more than I do. I mean, it's sort of like the trilogy but a more compact 40 minute album instead of a project filled with 37 songs and it's closer to the style of AI/21CB (my favourite albums) than the trilogy was. But it just doesn't reach the highs of AI/21CB and the trilogy has a ton of great highlights that can compare with the best of their discography despite also having quite a few tracks that are mediocre/mid by Green Day standard. RevRad imo only really has 1 song that I can bring up amongst the best songs of their discography and that's Bang Bang

Still Breathing too

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Still Breathing too

Nah disagree. I find SB to be pretty mid by GD standards. Not bad but not great

• Like 3

Imagine if Love is for Losers and Stop Drop and Roll were released under Green Day. This band would probably have another Grammy and be much more respected.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Imagine if Love is for Losers and Stop Drop and Roll were released under Green Day. This band would probably have another Grammy and be much more respected.

I could see them winning a Grammy for the new album! Based on the teasers, they're going all out for this one and making it special!!!

• Like 1