1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I highly doubt it

I can see it being a long song. If this is the case then it is forgivable that it is so repetetive. Green day can never make a bad long song

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Macys said:

are there any chances this 1981 will be a long song and they just played it partiially in Quebec? 

Yes, there is a chance.

23 hours ago, Sheenius said:

@That Dudegreat opportunity for your YT channel. You could do shirt reviews for Green Day

Dear Green Day Store, 

Please send one of everything.  I will have honest 5/5 scores for it all.  Thank you.

• Like 1

God I hope it's not longer, it's repetitive enough as it is. I also tend to prefer shorter GD songs in general.

But yeah I can't really see it being long.

• Like 2

It was the complete song.

• Like 3

We’re really going to have to wait 3 more months for a single, aren’t we?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It was the complete song.

I was watching the stream but I couldn’t tell, did they play the part with this bass line at 0:21?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I was watching the stream but I couldn’t tell, did they play the part with this bass line at 0:21?

Yeah, just before the chorus

• Thanks 1

Another American Idiot reference...

• Like 2

Seems like just more archival footage like they love to share.

• Like 1

Not sure about full blown rock opera but I do get the idea it'll have some sort of concept to it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Not sure about full blown rock opera but I do get the idea it'll have some sort of concept to it

I have a theory. With all the American Idiot references in the teasers, and the fact that the 20th anniversary is next year, what if the new album is an American Idiot prequel, the tour setlist is the new album and American Idiot both played in full, and an American Idiot 20th anniversary edition released at the end of the year?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Fun idea but it seems like kind of a longshot. Nobody casual fan is going to sit and watch them not play Basket Case for 2 1/2 hours

If their set is going to be that long, they'd definitely have time to play it!!!! The Hella Mega setlists I think were only 1 1/2 hours

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I have a theory. With all the American Idiot references in the teasers, and the fact that the 20th anniversary is next year, what if the new album is an American Idiot prequel, the tour setlist is the new album and American Idiot both played in full, and an American Idiot 20th anniversary edition released at the end of the year?

A prequel? Like about a little kid before puberty or what? 🤔

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Fun idea but it seems like kind of a longshot. Nobody casual fan is going to sit and watch them not play Basket Case for 2 1/2 hours

Are you saying a new Longshot album is confirmed??? 😄 

• Like 3

Whatever they put out now, I am pretty sure some/most of us will be disappointed by it anyways.

I'm not expecting an amazing single but I do hope they put out something listenable 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, That Dude said:

👀

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Yes! 

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This would be a good time for Green Day to release more archival stuff from the vault while we wait for something new. Wish they’d do that more often. What ever happened to that Oakland Coffeehouse thing where you signed up and saw rare videos and BTS stuff? Another idea that lasted just as long as it took to harvest our data 😠

I was also thinking the other day how I miss The Jeff Matika Show and how ridiculous it was.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steve46 said:

What if the album is called „2024“?

She's gonna bang her head like twenty-twenty-four

• Like 1