1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

Ngl that was my first thought when I saw what happened, that they may have played the song without permission, so to speak. It's not exactly out of character for them to do something like that, and it was just so random.

Billie got a hankering to play a new song, much like iHeart in 2012....but this time he communicated secretly with the band instead of....the 2012 way.   Haha  

DId the song have any input from touring members or was just performed by Billie, MIke and Tre?   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It would be cool to have another show during the summer in Québec. I hope the next tour isn't gonna come here during the winter. It was literally the first time of my life I saw Green Day during the summer in Québec. It's better to be in line at 8AM during this time. Because in March/April it's a fucking nightmare.

Can't wait for an announcement. We're closer than ever now!

You don‘t have to be that early.
Last year I arrived at 3pm for FOS in Groningen and before going to the stage I went to the merch which took me a long time. After that I went to the stage at 4pm and got the 2nd row at the catwalk.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Insomniac90 said:

You don‘t have to be that early.
Last year I arrived at 3pm for FOS in Groningen and before going to the stage I went to the merch which took me a long time. After that I went to the stage at 4pm and got the 2nd row at the catwalk.

Seconded, queued at 4 for Glasgow and got 2nd row off the catwalk 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:54 PM, GDFan2019 said:

15. Song about Trump

Billie has said he will NEVER do that. Of course, The Network did, but who are they anyway?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M1KEY said:

Billie has said he will NEVER do that. Of course, The Network did, but who are they anyway?

He basically admitted they are the Network when he posted about that strike against the Pizzagate song LOL

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

I watched that video of Billie dropkicking some butthead from the stage for hours. What did Fink ever do?nothing-doing.gif

You mean this one?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

I watched that video of Billie dropkicking some butthead from the stage for hours. What did Fink ever do?nothing-doing.gif

We don't know anything about Fink's character.  He might be a good dude, might be a horrible monster.   Not sure why Billie posted about Pizzagate or why it was blocked or whatever.  Freedom of speech issues he saw about a band he previously dealt with.

Insider info - Fink doesn't care about any of this.

• Like 1

Digging into the band members lives from birth to 87 and during my time on Wikipedia, they all have 1972 in italics in their discography.    Get THIS:   Billie is doing lead vocals and guitar.   Mike is doing bass and backing vocals and Tre Cool is doing drums and percussion.   No backing vocals.    

Okay, gotta get back to figuring out what the heck these guys were up to from 1973 to 1985.   Look For Love is all I've found so far, but the night is middle aged.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Nothing new but these news are generally made with a confirmation from the band or label so it is important I think :

https://www.nme.com/news/music/watch-green-day-debut-new-song-1981-3471107

Step by step the new era starts...

"Billie Joel"....

It's okay.  I wrote a school paper and spelled it like that once. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, That Dude said:

"Billie Joel"....

It's okay.  I wrote a school paper and spelled it like that once. 

"Mike Durnt"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

"Mike Durnt"

Thank God they spelled the band name right. They're improving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, legendary said:

BJ's new profile pic seems like an art from a CD booklet insert

Or a selfie took with an Instagram filter 😝

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, legendary said:

BJ's new profile pic seems like an art from a CD booklet insert

24 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Or a selfie took with an Instagram filter 😝

Look at his hair. It doesn't look as random as in other profile pics. Looks more professional than on other pics. So I like the CD booklet theory or at least from a promotion shooting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

Look at his hair. It doesn't look as random as in other profile pics. Looks more professional than on other pics. So I like the CD booklet theory or at least from a promotion shooting.

Well yeah, looking at his hair they are badly cropped out of the background on multiple points. Either a very poor photoshop job, or more likely a filter or/and iphone lift from the background trick. 
https://gcdnb.pbrd.co/images/OKCqWJwqjFwi.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Well yeah, looking at his hair they are badly cropped out of the background on multiple points. Either a very poor photoshop job, or more likely a filter or/and iphone lift from the background trick. 
https://gcdnb.pbrd.co/images/OKCqWJwqjFwi.jpg

s-l1600.jpgIMO it looks similar to the Trilogy covers

• Like 1