1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

Do you even like green day? Like what are you even doing here?

Hahaha you say this for every show, you were going to be right sooner or later πŸ˜‚

a broken clock is right twice a day πŸ˜‚

• Like 3

Here we go again. Two insulting comments for voicing that the song wasn’t amazing. Can’t wait for 3 months from now when the β€œ1981 is overrated” takes start happening from the same people going after me for me opinion.

1 hour ago, Maddie86 said:

Do you even like green day? Like what are you even doing here?

Hahaha you say this for every show, you were going to be right sooner or later πŸ˜‚

its a public website where everyone's voice has the same weight. He had a point even if you didn't like how he formed his opinion. No need to be defensive. It is just a band and it is just a song. Noone is personally attacking you. here Just enjoy the new music.

• Like 2

I'd put this song in B tier.Β  Β It's a good, solid track.Β  Β Could it be a hit?Β  Β  Mmmmm....I don't know.Β  Β Possibly.Β 

37 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Here we go again. Two insulting comments for voicing that the song wasn’t amazing. Can’t wait for 3 months from now when the β€œ1981 is overrated” takes start happening from the same people going after me for me opinion.

I can see it getting old if it's the only thing we have for a while, but tbh it's still an overall catchy track imo.

• Like 2

So how does everyone think this plays out? We had #1972 teasers, we had #not1972 teasers. We had a hint dropped referencing Saviors.

My not fully serious hypothesis- a quadruple album where each is themed to an era. Kind of bites off Weezer's SZNS, but maybe the 'Saviors' thing ties into one of those themes somehow.

• Like 1

I think I’ve figured out my comparison - the song is a 99 revolutions, back in the USA, and C&V love child

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

this!

GDs world sometimes ticks differently, but in todays world with everyone having short attention spans you dont do promo and single(s) for many months, so i really dont know how the promo will turn out

the new song is now released for the public, the studio version should be released very soon (july/august), it makes no sense to have crappy recordings of the new song without the studio verion

but if we get the first song in july/august, and the album is rumoured to be released in 2024 (january maybe then??), the promo would last from summer through fall until winter, minimum 6 months of promotion

unless the album wont come out in 2024 but in 2023Β πŸ‘€ it would make more sense now since the new era kinda officially started yesterday

I think It’s not necessary to stick to any way of a past promotion. They easily can drop a song/video with no description of anything than just β€œlisten our brand new song” and not necessary being the first single or announcing the album yet. I’ve noticed a couple of bands promoting their next era in this way so could be a possibility since the album is due to out early next year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I think I’ve figured out my comparison - the song is a 99 revolutions, back in the USA, and C&V love child

I hear Oliver's Army (Elvis Costello) in the verse.Β 

• Like 1

Didn't they play like a ton of unheard songs during 21CB era too? Ik there were a ton of trilogy songs played live before they released on the trilogy. And I'm pretty sure a lot of these songs were played like a while before they ended up even announcing the trilogy, like a year before or something. And even Dreamcatcher, Olivia, Oh Girl were unreleased songs played live around that time too, right?

I don't see this song being a lead single, it just doesn't sound like something you'd release as a lead single, but then again Green Day's lead single choices have been weird. But this doesn't sound like the type of song you'd introduce a new album or a new era with imo.

• Like 3

One Eyed Bastard was waaaay better. Not really feeling this song tbh

• Like 4