1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

14 minutes ago, Radiation Fear said:

lol I’m at sweetwater with him today 🤫 probably too chicken to pester him about the you know what 🐔 

Can you dm me? It’s being weird on mobile 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's possible that someone did, but they're staying silent. I would.

..why? We’re all here for the same reason 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Otis Big said:

Do you think One Eyed Bastard is good enough to be a single with some more work and polishing?

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's possible that someone did, but they're staying silent. I would.

They’re staying silent because of the red banner at the top of the page. “Do not share or ask for a copy of the leaked song.”

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

They’re staying silent because of the red banner at the top of the page. “Do not share or ask for a copy of the leaked song.”

Or maybe because people are assholes sometimes and they don't want to deal with that? But maybe it's the big scary red banner, who knows :P

22 minutes ago, Otis Big said:

..why? We’re all here for the same reason 

Yeah, but GDC is a dark, dark, unwelcoming place

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Or maybe because people are assholes sometimes and they don't want to deal with that? But maybe it's the big scary red banner, who knows :P

Yeah, but GDC is a dark, dark, unwelcoming place

SOMEONE FUCKIN SHARE EM ALREADY! WE ALL JUST WANT AS MUCH GREEN DAY AS WE CAN GET BEFORE WE DIE 

• Like 2

It's really nothing that exciting, plus it's not even Album 14. After hearing One Eyed Bastard I'd just rather wait for official news from the band.

• Like 3

On 7/13/2023 at 4:25 AM, DookieLukie said:

How much feedback on your behavior will it take for you to look in the mirror?

On 7/13/2023 at 4:38 AM, Sanity Loan said:

Dude. This is hysterical coming from you.

On 7/13/2023 at 5:18 AM, DookieLukie said:

Can we all not look in the mirror?

16 hours ago, M1KEY said:

Here we go again...

There has been way too much animosity around here lately. I think it's time for another Secrets Thread so that we can just get some of this out 🤪

• Haha 1

I remember when kids would abuse their power from classroom duties in 1st grade. I remember one job was to make sure everyone was out of the bathroom at the end of bathroom breaks and teachers “fired” him because he was ordering kids around. So it’s no shock that people on here abuse their privilege. Reddit mods do it with volunteer positions even. It’s just human behavior when someone has nothing else in their life to be proud of. They likely get off on the teasing and feeing of exclusivity and imaginary relationships with famous people. Not all though. @Sanity Loan has been nothing but a kind and helpful person. Notice how the people with actual connections are flailing it around. Those who don’t have brag.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, pouty bitch said:

Exactly, thats why you can't just hype stuff up without actually saying what it is and then expecting/assuming everyone will be happy about it. Nobody is "going after" pacejunkie. We're just saying it's not the best idea to leak info before the band is ready if you're not able to confirm what it is. It fuels the speculation fire and will cause disappointment, and it's also not your info to give. Hence why it's not okay to share because nobody was actually able to say what it was, it's not info that the band wanted out yet. So there's literally just no point in saying anything.

It's also rich of you to try and claim people are "going after" anybody, every post I've seen from you is just you having a go at the few people who don't just instantly treat insiders like gods lol. You need to learn that people have different thoughts and opinions towards this than you do, and that's okay.

This is totally on Green Day. They put out the teasers which implied release was imminent. By the way, does anyone have any old magazines from 2002 around the time they were in the studio recording C&V? I wonder if any articles exist where they mention, "Yeah we're in the studio right now".

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

This is totally on Green Day. They put out the teasers which implied release was imminent. By the way, does anyone have any old magazines from 2002 around the time they were in the studio recording C&V? I wonder if any articles exist where they mention, "Yeah we're in the studio right now".

So you say this is on GD. They are responsible and owe you an explanation?

A punk rock band, that started out with attitude, anti everything. They would spit in your face, and if they didn't like what you were saying to them, you'd get their middle fingers in your face. They don't give a shit, Cool.

GD have total control on anything they do or say. And they can decide to tell you absolutely nothing. Respect.

Your just gonna have to wait.

😜

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Flynn said:

It's really nothing that exciting, plus it's not even Album 14. After hearing One Eyed Bastard I'd just rather wait for official news from the band.

Good for you. Thanks for letting us know 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Didn't we already posted this?

• Like 4

On 7/13/2023 at 4:54 PM, Gwen Stacy said:

I don’t think I’ve ever felt worse for anyone in my entire life

I love Foxboro. I wasn't speaking for myself.

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

There has been way too much animosity around here lately. I think it's time for another Secrets Thread so that we can just get some of this out 🤪

Maybe Lukey and I should just bang it out.

8 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

It's also rich of you to try and claim people are "going after" anybody, every post I've seen from you is just you having a go at the few people who don't just instantly treat insiders like gods lol. You need to learn that people have different thoughts and opinions towards this than you do, and that's okay.

LOL!! That's a VERY hot take, indeed. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Lol if they can come back from iHeartRadio they can come back from saying a curse word. It’s not 1954.

Nobody’s saying that they ever took any sort of hit for it. It’s just ridiculous to think Green Day is gonna play the Super Bowl considering how strict the NFL is. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

Maybe Lukey and I should just bang it out

🤣

Yes!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, M1KEY said:

Maybe Lukey and I should just bang it out.

LOL!! That's a VERY hot take, indeed. 🤣

Dude, just stop. You're not helping your case.

2 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

Dude, just stop. You're not helping your case.

Worship pace, or else. *wags finger at the dingus*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Everyone just take a deep breath and hug it out please. :) Also, still no sharing or asking for leaked songs, thanks!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, M1KEY said:

Worship pace, or else. *wags finger at the dingus*

🙄

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

You guys are saying dude a lot.  I'm TRYING to take a break from GDC, please stop using my name in or out vein.  ;)

I speculate that Album 14 is done and awaiting an early February release.  One member of Green Day is working on another musical project in the meantime, which will probably come out sooner because it's a smaller scale thing.

No weird dudisms, this thread is duded up enough. 😄 

The only Dude that matters :happy:

• Like 4

Someone in the GreenDay.fm forum pointed out that Billie covered up the unicorn sticker on Blue. Sign of the new era coming soon?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Someone in the GreenDay.fm forum pointed out that Billie covered up the unicorn sticker on Blue. Sign of the new era coming soon?

He hated long songs during that era.   Now he hates unicorns during....whatever the heck is happening now.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3