1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Do not share or ask for a copy of the leaked album.

But somebody please share the tracklist of the 'leaked' album

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

"1972 is dead" could mean many different things. But, based on what we know (not have theorized), here is my take: "1972" was the name given to the project the band was teasing while recording in London at RAK studios in late 2021. That project (and thus name) was scrapped in the spring of 2022 (the time when Rob came into the picture) and possibly morphed into whatever is coming out next year. The 2024 release:

• Not named "1972"
  • Recorded at the old Ocean Way Recording studios and RAK Studios
  • Produced by Rob Cavallo
  • Mixed by Chris Lord-Alge

(If Ted Jensen mastered it, the holy trinity would be complete)

This was the last teaser from last August and they still put the #1972 hashtag in the description

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

This was the last teaser from last August and they still put the #1972 hashtag in the description

Yes but its almost over a year and they changed it over the last months

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

1. It
2. (Probably)
3. Does Not
4. Exist
5. People
6. Just Want
7. Attention
8. Because
9. Green Day
10. Can Still Be
11. A Relevant Band (ft. Lady Cobra)
12. If They Want
13. To Be

(Woo, that was fun. Maybe @That Dudeis on to something with the made up tracklists)

You're fucking awesome. (ft. Lady Cobra) made me fucking cackle!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

1. It
2. (Probably)
3. Does Not
4. Exist
5. People
6. Just Want
7. Attention
8. Because
9. Green Day
10. Can Still Be
12. If They Want
13. To Be

(Woo, that was fun. Maybe @That Dudeis on to something with the made up tracklists)

I loved this tracklist at first sight. Thanks;)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Either way there was already some posts around late 2022/early 2023 (i dont remember) with #not1972, which was when it was confirmed by Jason. 

I have higher hopes for what this new album will be like, but I probably shouldn't have my hopes up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

1. It
2. (Probably)
3. Does Not
4. Exist
5. People
6. Just Want
7. Attention
8. Because
9. Green Day
10. Can Still Be
12. If They Want
13. To Be

I'm TRYING to take a break from GDC, but I can comment on this.    Getting Lady Cobra out of retirement is tough, I bet it took Mrs. Armstrong knocking on her door to make that happen.   Monica's been happy doing other stuff.      My favorite track here is Because and Exist, and I'm a little baffled that they are recycling the song title "Green Day", but if it's a song celebrating the band instead of weed, okay.   That's cool.     I bet it was originally called 1972 but the boys realized that was a long butt time ago and nobody knows what the 70s were like anymore.   I sure as heck don't.   

Okay, back to my GDC break I go.   I bought a bottle of Snoop Dogg's wine in Walmart for 12.48.   About to chug it for a video or something.   

1972 IS DEAD! Green Day remembered that looking back is dumb and they need to focus on the future.  Screw all their previous work.    THE NEW!  THE DANCE PARTY!  THE DEAD! 

• Like 2

Some people says it's "Billie being Billie" on his comment but I found it rather unsettling... like wtf Billie Joe I don't have a sense of humor when it comes to new GD music, y'know?

• Like 1

After releasing a bad album as foam and not being as popular and influential as they used to be i don't think green day is in position to just act careless towards fans. Musicians try their best to get new fans and hold onto their old ones meanwhile green day seems like they're not even active anymore. I don't know about you guys but i am kind of losing interest in the band in general.  I doubt world and media even remembers our boys exist. It is sad cause old fans are the only fans they've got.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Macys said:

After releasing a bad album as foam and not being as popular and influential as they used to be i don't think green day is in position to just act careless towards fans. Musicians try their best to get new fans and hold onto their old ones meanwhile green day seems like they're not even active anymore. I don't know about you guys but i am kind of losing interest in the band in general.  I doubt world and media even remembers our boys exist. It is sad cause old fans are the only fans they've got.

Hay, keep the faith man. Once a GD fan always a GD fan, no matter what. It's love forever. Hang in there. ❤️

• Like 3

They clearly aren't rushing with this album and tbh it makes sense because there's nothing to be in a hurry for. They were on a biggest hits tour last year and the year before that and whatever is coming next won't be much different, because they just put in an effort into estabilishing their position as a legacy act and that's the kind of thing they're going to continue with. Effective touring means a biggest hits stadium tour every few years, forever. They'll thow in a new album once in a while for a bit, until they won't. I personally feel like it's way too early for this, but it seems to be the approach they all can agree on and it's very time and cost effective.

• Like 4

i hope they will play more/"better" shows for their next tour (in germany)

in 2022 they only played berlin and that was the same time when germanys biggest rock festival took place 😕

early 2017 was the last time they did several shows in germany

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dirnt Dirnt Dirnt said:

I don't think about 90% of the people in here could handle waiting for new music in the 90s / early 2000s when there was absolutely no new information for years outside of random magazine articles 😂

The album is coming, Green Day is still a band, and everything will be ok.  Just take some breaths and relax 

And the time between American Idiot and 21CB!!! September 21, 2004 to May 15, 2009!!! That was brutal!!! I mean, of course we had MySpace, Facebook, and YouTube by then, but social media was still in its infancy and we didn’t get any updates until those late 2008 YouTube teasers with ¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)

9 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The problem was releasing those tiktoks over a year ago and then doing nothing. That was a mistake. It made the wait for a new Green Day album seem so much longer than it ever has, even though we've had much longer waits between new music

But that mistake happened over a year ago so until they actually have news, the band should just keep quiet about the album and we should assume that nothing's going to happen. Because it's probably going to be at least like 8 months before we know anything about the next album

I’m hoping we get a single by September

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m hoping we get a single by September

We won't

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The problem was releasing those tiktoks over a year ago and then doing nothing. That was a mistake. It made the wait for a new Green Day album seem so much longer than it ever has, even though we've had much longer waits between new music

But that mistake happened over a year ago so until they actually have news, the band should just keep quiet about the album and we should assume that nothing's going to happen. Because it's probably going to be at least like 8 months before we know anything about the next album

and that's it... once you start something, at least give a real update if plans changed. GDC regular users can have a better undestanding of what is happening, but all the other fans were just left in the dark, with comments of BJ saying '1972 is dead' will just make fans assume the dropped everything and there is nothing coming.

I don't see how a brief interview to a big magazine bringing an update would be bad for a future marketing they porbably are planing right now

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Alf said:

and that's it... once you start something, at least give a real update if plans changed. GDC regular users can have a better undestanding of what is happening, but all the other fans were just left in the dark, with comments of BJ saying '1972 is dead' will just make fans assume the dropped everything and there is nothing coming.

I don't see how a brief interview to a big magazine bringing an update would be bad for a future marketing they porbably are planing right now

And we had that article with Rob Cavallo where he said 2024, so why couldn’t the band just tell us that?

2 hours ago, Dirnt Dirnt Dirnt said:

I don't think about 90% of the people in here could handle waiting for new music in the 90s / early 2000s when there was absolutely no new information for years outside of random magazine articles 😂

The album is coming, Green Day is still a band, and everything will be ok.  Just take some breaths and relax 

yes! we miss the days of fan clubs, like idiot club would tide you over with a tiny bit of info and prizes/merch for a few years until a new single would eventually reach the airwaves out of the blue! no sherlock holmes internet stalking bullshit! 🔎

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Macys said:

I agree with the active part. It's been weird because after Billie paused his presence on ig Mike and Tré sort of followed him too, by not posting often. I'm not saying that they should post every single day but a little bit more wouldn't kill them :lol: Now we're lucky if we get anything random.

As for the fans, maybe it's true, idk... but I think it's better to have old fans that stick around for the love of music instead of people that heard of them because they're trending on spotify. GD may not have the biggest presence but they do have a solid one <3

• Like 1