1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Why are we assuming that this means anything? This doesn't mean anything has been scrapped. This doesn't mean the album has been delayed. This can really just mean the album/project used to be called 1972 but no longer is. Do you guys actually think we'd get a bunch of teasers, then a year of silence and then Billie would just reply to a comment saying "Yeah the album's been scrapped, we're not releasing anything"

• Like 4

1972 Is Dead could be a lyric.     Or how about MCR with The Black Parade Is Dead?     Could be something like that.  

So Billie didn't say anything else after that?  

• Like 1

From @hasitleaked:

"I’ve been sent Green Day studio material this weekend all marked 2023. Whoever claims these are from the upcoming album is wrong. They might float around soon and all I can say is that they are rehashed, old stuff. I checked with the label. @GreenDay"

• Like 4
  • Surprised 5

15 minutes ago, joebot33 said:

From @hasitleaked:

"I’ve been sent Green Day studio material this weekend all marked 2023. Whoever claims these are from the upcoming album is wrong. They might float around soon and all I can say is that they are rehashed, old stuff. I checked with the label. @GreenDay"

Wow, more leaks. How bad is the security on their hds?

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, joebot33 said:

From @hasitleaked:

This could just be referring to OEB or those other snippets that some people have apparently heard, right?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

This could just be referring to OEB or those other snippets that some people have apparently heard, right?

"Might float around soon" implies stuff that hasn't floated around already like OEB has been. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, joebot33 said:

"Might float around soon" implies stuff that hasn't floated around already like OEB has been. 

And it also says rehashed old stuff

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And it also says rehashed old stuff

Could it be? The "Warning" re-recording Billie mentioned wanting to do a decade or so ago? (let a girl dream, ok)

• Like 2

So all shit posting aside, has the new album been completely scrapped or was the title/ep project/"docudrama" (whoever the fuck said that) just scrapped and we're still getting new music from the 'Day?

Go insiders go! ❤️ u guys....and my Miller Lite

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dreamykatie said:

Could it be? The "Warning" re-recording Billie mentioned wanting to do a decade or so ago? (let a girl dream, ok)

Maybe the side project is the FBHT's "covering" Green Day! LOL 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Why would they scrap the 1972 album but not FOAMF? :lol:

Because Fire, Ready, Aim was just too good 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A leak right now would be clutch. Hope that site is right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

A leak right now would be clutch. Hope that site is right.

A leak that would get this place shut down again if people start sharing it 🤦🏻‍♂️😆

• Like 1

Nearing 500 pages and here's the recap of confirmed info:

Green Day were in the studio.  They made at least a few riffs.  Rob Cavallo was with them.  Billie Joe said an album was coming in 2023.  Then he said 1972 is dead.  

I think it's a good time to take a short break.   See you guys in the 500s?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

He's not wrong, y'know. The 70s are dead and gone

23 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

The fact that any of the Mods haven’t debunked that breaking up rumor just scares me 😟 

How are the mods on a fan forum supposed to debunk a rumour or comment from reddit?? 🤣

5 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Why would they scrap the 1972 album but not FOAMF? :lol:

Most likely a question for the producers. Walker is more of a pop producer, also doesn't have the rapport with GD that Cavallo does. I bet Cavallo isn't afraid to have the tough talks with the band.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

How are the mods on a fan forum supposed to debunk a rumour or comment from reddit?? 🤣

They’re known to have connections with the band or at least their inner circle. How else would they be able to hint about the side project that’s coming? Back in 2019, Bill Schneider even popped in here to tell us the truth about MOOTIK!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

They’re known to have connections with the band or at least their inner circle. How else would they be able to hint about the side project that’s coming? Back in 2019, Bill Schneider even popped in here to tell us the truth about MOOTIK!

Side project? I missed something. What side project?

52 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Side project? I missed something. What side project?

The boys were in the studio but it wasn't Green Day related because the album is already over. 

So it's either Foxboro, Pinehead or a brand new project.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

The boys were in the studio but it wasn't Green Day related because the album is already over. 

So it's either Foxboro, Pinehead or a brand new project.

I wonder if it will an exclusive release through that app those girls were promoting

• Like 2