1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

29 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

A single before When We Were Young Festival - late September/early October + February-March album release and a big tour throughout 2024 and 2025 is what I imagine will happen. 

The Louder than Life show in Louisville happens on Sunday, September 24th, so maybe the single would come out that Friday the 22nd. Either that or maybe Friday, October 20th, which is the day before When We Were Young.

• Like 2

Early September single and then an early February album.   

Bada Bop a lulu boom, Gloria shoot your gun

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

its getting so annoying... this shit with holding records back and teasing for ever... blink does the dame shit but they released at least the single 

That's worse though. Releasing the single like a year before you release the album. Not to mention that blink song is shit. Like their worst single

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

That's worse though. Releasing the single like a year before you release the album. Not to mention that blink song is shit. Like their worst single

I really like Edging.   It's better than Not Now, Home Is Such a Lonely Place, Happy Days, I Really Wish I Hated You and Not Another Christmas Song.   

It is worse though.   Edging has been out forever and absolutely no other information about the album has been released.   Blink-182 scrapped a whole album made with Matt Skibba, which is crazy.    They are playing some of the old Skiba songs live, which is almost as wild as Green Day playing something from FOAM.   Will they include a Skiba song on an album alongside Tom?   That would be really awesome of them to do so.   But back to 1972.........we have nothing.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I really like Edging.   It's better than Not Now, Home Is Such a Lonely Place, Happy Days, I Really Wish I Hated You and Not Another Christmas Song.   

It is worse though.   Edging has been out forever and absolutely no other information about the album has been released.   Blink-182 scrapped a whole album made with Matt Skibba, which is crazy.    They are playing some of the old Skiba songs live, which is almost as wild as Green Day playing something from FOAM.   Will they include a Skiba song on an album alongside Tom?   That would be really awesome of them to do so.   But back to 1972.........we have nothing.   

California was by far their best album since take off your pants and jacket in my opinion. I didn‘t like their latest single and Tom is terrible live tbh….

but „1972“ only confirms its not the album title like mentioned before here. We‘ll see whats gonna happen in the next few months

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Verycool99 said:

@GDFan2019 on suicide watch 

LOL but we were already knew about the #Not1972 but we know an album is still coming!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We should probably change the title of this thread back to “Album 14 Speculation Thread”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Someone on that Reddit thread says they have a source from the band that this coming album will be their last. Man that would be sad.

I think it was just some random troll being a dick!!! Notice how it got 10 downvotes!!!

I'm pretty sure @Sanity Loan or @pacejunkie punk could debunk that

• Like 4

Posted by Jason in the Discord thread:

"It was confirmed long ago (January I think) that it wasn’t going to be called 1972, which is why many months ago this thread was renamed from 1972 discussion to album 14 discussion. Even as recently as May the album still didn’t have a title - “nothing has stuck” was what I was told."

https://discord.com/channels/252988599690199041/975433938539544637

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Posted by Jason in the Discord thread:

"It was confirmed long ago (January I think) that it wasn’t going to be called 1972, which is why many months ago this thread was renamed from 1972 discussion to album 14 discussion. Even as recently as May the album still didn’t have a title - “nothing has stuck” was what I was told."

https://discord.com/channels/252988599690199041/975433938539544637

Nothing has stuck could very well lead to an untitled/self titled record.    I think we're 2 months and some change away from the lead single.   September single in route.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Someone on that Reddit thread says they have a source from the band that this coming album will be their last. Man that would be sad.

I‘ve said that a couple of times also once in this forum. Everyone was laughing at me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Why should they do that

1 hour ago, steve46 said:

I‘ve said that a couple of times also once in this forum. Everyone was laughing at me.

Yea bc its dumb, i mean it doesnt make sense

• Like 1

'1972 is dead' is the album's name. No this is not the last album. Even if Billie says it, The Reverend Strychnine Twitch doesn't believe it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve46 said:

Yea bc its dumb, i mean it doesnt make sense

2 hours ago, steve46 said:

I certainly wasn’t laughing , I would be gutted and very surprised!

• Like 1

So who is in favour of abandoning this thread and starting a ‘new’ new Green Day album thread ?

Speak now or forever hold your peace l, or you can hold your piece too i guess.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cav9mm said:

So who is in favour of abandoning this thread and starting a ‘new’ new Green Day album thread ?

Speak now or forever hold your peace l, or you can hold your piece too i guess.

All the mods have to do is change this thread back to my original title, “Album 14 Speculation Thread”

Maybe It's the last album with the classic lineup.    What if Cometbus replaced a member as they move on to a different phase of life?

New Blood!   Maybe an even swap with Pinhead Gunpowder.  

I have a feeling everyone will continue to make music even if it's not in Green Day.  Mike is the only would that could possible step away all together.

What if the band just changes their name?    Sweet Children return!