1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

7 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Maybe the label delayed it due to all the new rock records coming out. Still sad to see a band as legendary as GD have so little control.

Its almost like the record company want to do what is the best thing financially as opposed to what the band and fans want. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Maybe the label delayed it due to all the new rock records coming out. Still sad to see a band as legendary as GD have so little control.

haha I've been joking for a while that the band was delaying the release to not coincide with other big releases happening this year... and in the end this could really be the case

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

If they really want to fuck with Warner they should just play their entire new album on July 14th and 16th.

Green Day being Punk Rock, that would be the day.   What if they played the next album in full and then....didn't play Basketcase?   Oh man.   I think Johnny Rotten would change his mind about Green Day and proclaim them the new kings of Punk Rock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s a well known fact that Billie Joe is a tease, but this has been just cruel.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Gwen Stacy said:

It’s a well known fact that Billie Joe is a tease, but this has been just cruel.

THIS!!! I wish I could superlove react to your comment. All I could do was love. But please know it’s a superlove.

• Love 2

13 hours ago, Gwen Stacy said:

And a damn big Hypocrite too.. For all we know they might be back with Warners.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AlienVisitor said:

And a damn big Hypocrite too.. For all we know they might be back with Warners.

Are you being ironic? I thought we knew for def they never left Warners.  That doesn’t mean they don’t have a new contract which gives them more flexibility, but it could be in a way we’ll never know or see.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Are you being ironic? I thought we knew for def they never left Warners.  That doesn’t mean they don’t have a new contract which gives them more flexibility, but it could be in a way we’ll never know or see.

https://www.wmg.com/news/crush-music-launches-label-warner-music-group-21181

Warner Music Group launched a joint Venture with Crush Music group co- founders back in 2016. So there is some form of a business relationship.

9 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

The wait has been so long it's getting to the point that I forget GD are even working on new music. Honestly, I don't care if I have to wait, but we could've done without the teasing then. I understand that maybe they figured the album or whatever they were working on would be ready sooner than they thought, but I'm really tired of bands announcing new projects and then just sitting on them (looking at you blink-182). If it's not close to being done, don't say anything then. I'd rather be surprised and have a firm release date to give me something to look forward to. This long game of will they won't they is really tiring. Luckily, I have other albums to look forward to this year as GD fades to the back of my memory,

It’s not “will they, won’t they.” It’s won’t they. From all the evidence at this point, nothing is coming for quite a long time (years).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It’s not “will they, won’t they.” It’s won’t they. From all the evidence at this point, nothing is coming for quite a long time (years).

What? The only actual evidence we have is that the record is coming out next year. That's one year, not multiple. 

• Like 4

We've been reliably informed that the album was finished last month, June.

We also now know that GD do not control the release date, it's down to Crush the record co. (RC).

We've speculated loads about the delay and why. Was is post COVID issues, etc.

Or maybe something we've not considered.

This is pure speculation, reckless even. I've no proof. But, what if it's the record company's doing.

When GD originally had a plan for an EP of was it 6 songs, that got dropped. Did the RC say no not good  enough, it won't sell?

When the teases stopped last August. Where GD ready to go. Did RC say no again go back to studio, we want more?

So, it's not GD keeping us waiting and in the dark, it's the RC?

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It literally makes no sense to think that it's still going to be multiple years before we get the album

• Like 1

I wonder if we will eventually know the behind the scenes situation once the album drops.  There could be no issues.  No delays.  Just Green Day taking their time.  Or it could literally be any kind of life stuff ranging from good, bad, neither....just life stuff that comes up.  Billie, Mike, Tre or any of their family.....could be anything.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pcj said:

We also now know that GD do not control the release date, it's down to Crush the record co. (RC).

This is pure speculation, reckless even. I've no proof. But, what if it's the record company's doing.

When GD originally had a plan for an EP of was it 6 songs, that got dropped. Did the RC say no not good  enough, it won't sell?

When the teases stopped last August. Where GD ready to go. Did RC say no again go back to studio, we want more?

Which proves that Warner really is the father of all motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, pcj said:

I don't think a RC has control over what a band should and should not release.

They might decide release dates but that's about it

• Like 1

At the 2 festivals next week, I wonder if Billie is going to bring back his 1972 vest!!!

• Like 2