1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I know we said they're not playing between July 16th and September 24th but it's getting late to announce shows for August...

No new record until 2024 so why would there be August shows?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

No new record until 2024 so why would there be August shows?

If there were any August shows, they would just be festivals

• Like 2

I am wondering what would be the release window for this side project that is supposed to be coming... would it be between this July shows and the september one? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Maybe someone should start up one of those YouTube campaigns to pressure Green Day into a release. Like the “Tim Allen grunt every day until Tim Allen acknowledges this video” but instead something daily until Green Day releases a new song. @GDFan2019 you interested?

If it worked, it would alter the outcome of my "guess the release date and win a copy" contest, lol.   Also, if I was going to do something like this I'd want it to have a more positive connotation than putting pressure on our favorite band.   But I'm brainstorming.....

I really hope the phrase "1972" is out the window.   What do any of us have to say about the year we were born?  It'd make more sense for Green Day to have an album called 1983 or something, although that sounds even stupider somehow.      And if 1972 is the name of a new side project?   BARF.    BARF0 3000. 

Didn‘t we also hear rumors about an unannounced film or some kind of documentary last year? IIRC it was the wife of director Lee Kirk - Jenna Fischer who also happen to be a director. What's that all about?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Possibly. It seems like things are ramping up

What signs of ramping up are there? I see none.

On 7/3/2023 at 12:51 PM, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah but in that one teaser when they’re in the studio with CLA, Tré shouted, “1972 y’all!!!”

I can yell things all I want. Doesn’t make them true.

Warner Bros seems to be having a rough “transitional period” since being bought by Discovery. Not sure how that affects the music side of things or if it does.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Warner Bros seems to be having a rough “transitional period” since being bought by Discovery. Not sure how that affects the music side of things or if it does.

https://wbd.com/our-brands/

Warner Music isn't even listed here

"Early 2024" is between January 1st and April 30th.    There are only 7 Fridays within this timeframe, so we can calmly speculate GD14 to release on one of the following dates:   

January 5th or 19th.   (they've never done a January release)

February 2nd or 16th.    (My fake money is on 2/16/24)

March 1st, 15th, 29th.   (they've never had a March release)

April 5th, 19th.    (39 Smooth was in April, and they ARE feeling nostalgic....but nothing exists in their mind from this era.  so no) 

February 16th, 2024, Midnight, Our Time !

• Like 2

Yeah Warner Music is entirely seperate from Warner Bros, WarnerMedia etc., owned by a completely different and unaffiliated company iirc

Lol this thread! always goood to sign on for a goood laugh and see randoms pretending they know some exclusive news or know how record labels work when you are just like all of us nobodies that have no idea, go find another band or another hobby to stay busy, and when the music does come u will actually have something legit to say

25 minutes ago, Eric said:

Lol this thread! always goood to sign on for a goood laugh and see randoms pretending they know some exclusive news or know how record labels work when you are just like all of us nobodies that have no idea, go find another band or another hobby to stay busy, and when the music does come u will actually have something legit to say

But there really are people in here that have contact with either the band themselves or at least their inner circle, like @Sanity Loan and @pacejunkie punk

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Eric said:

Sir do you realize what kind of forum you signed up for

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2023 at 10:20 PM, Sanity Loan said:

The release timeline is out of the band's control.

An international known and very successful big band like Green Day has no control about their album release timeline? I would be shocked if this is really true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve46 said:

An international known and very successful big band like Green Day has no control about their album release timeline? I would be shocked if this is really true.

Consider yourself shocked 🙂

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Any more insights into this new information?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Alf said:

Any more insights into this new information?

Not that I can share.

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

35 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Not that I can share.

But if their plan really was 2023, what would make the label delay it until 2024 on them? And also, in that interview when FOAM came out, Billie was excited to say they were off their contract. What happened?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

But if their plan really was 2023, what would make the label delay it until 2024 on them? And also, in that interview when FOAM came out, Billie was excited to say they were off their contract. What happened?

What it all just made up for entertainment sake?  Like there was no plan to switch labels, it was all just part of a money-making thing?

6 hours ago, steve46 said:

in reality its the opposite yeah, most "big international bands" have contracts and cant freely decide when to release their work

they write new music, record it etc, but in the end its up to the music label when to release it, depending on promotion/tour/money, in the end its all about $$

there are "big" bands who are working independent and can release music when they want to, but not green day i guess

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Here comes the shock

• Haha 3

Maybe the label delayed it due to all the new rock records coming out. Still sad to see a band as legendary as GD have so little control.

• Like 4