1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

You mean in 3 weeks?

Huh? I mean the show on 7/1.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Huh? I mean the show on 7/1.

Damn, where are they playing this weekend? Thought next show is 16th july (I forgot about 6th July or smth). „So many“ shows this year and I can‘t remember the dates correctly 😂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Where are you getting this? Not really been paying attention and don't know if this has been stated

From nowhere that's just my guess.

7 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Damn, where are they playing this weekend? Thought next show is 16th july (I forgot about 6th July or smth). „So many“ shows this year and I can‘t remember the dates correctly 😂

It’s speculated they are the secret band at Golden Bull.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cav9mm said:

@Sanity Loan, is this a side project we have seen before ?

A Yes/No is sufficient.

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Both of these statements are incorrect.

I am confuzzled .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Stop, Drop and Roll has music fans that don’t even like Green Day. I don’t mean that in a negative way. It’s just such a superior album that transcends genres and super picky music fans. Foxboro Hot Tubs is amazing and the song writing is fantastic. Stop, Drop and Roll can stand on its own. It could be iconic even though it’s pretty much a secret in the mainstream.

Sorry! Back to the thread topic!

The Trilogy is amazing!

I think it's a shame that every time they've tried to incorporate FBHT sound into Green Day that it's not been very well received. Like, even though I like the trilogy a lot, including Dos, and I think some of the Foxboro sounding moments of FOAMF work quite well (most notably Stab You in the Heart), I get why these sounds haven't been as well received as SD&R. It's just a shame a lot of those naysayers of the trilogy probably won't hear the superior SD&R which does this sound perfectly

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Green Day Insiders on here operate like Socrates. Every answer is just another question.

This is why this thread has nearly 500 pages …

9 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

This is why this thread has nearly 500 pages …

That and plus they started teasing this thing back in 2021!!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah turns out that was a false alarm. Nothing to do with Green Day or a related project 

A shame but figures given how boring this band is. Maybe they’ll never tour again since they seem to hate interacting with their fans.

50 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

A shame but figures given how boring this band is. Maybe they’ll never tour again since they seem to hate interacting with their fans.

What makes you say that?  I love a lot of bands, but over the years, green day has interacted with the fans much more actively (particularly through side projects and smaller club shows) than any other band of that size that I can think of. Just wondering why you feel that way? (Sincere wonder, no snark.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah turns out that was a false alarm. Nothing to do with Green Day or a related project 

Someone on Reddit suggested maybe it's a band that's literally called the Secret Surprise Band LOL 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Someone on Reddit suggested maybe it's a band that's literally called the Secret Surprise Band LOL 😆

Yeah I could see that, but it’s most likely The Mummies (some related site gave a clue that hinted at that)

1 hour ago, pouty bitch said:

Maybe GD are watching this thread waiting for us to get to 1972 pages before they release anything or make an announcement :lol:

Sick fucks. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, 420thedoctor69 said:

I spoke to Billie Joe in a dream and he said the new album comes out this Friday.

Concrete Info as any 😜😜

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, 420thedoctor69 said:

I spoke to Billie Joe in a dream and he said the new album comes out this Friday.

Was your dream set in present day or the future, though?   

Well of course we're at 472 pages. Because we can't stop speculating. Some GDC'ers knows what is hapenning right now and won't say anything to us. Yes I'm talking to you pace and matt. We wouldn't be speculating if we had the info lol

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

But what would be the point in ruining the surprise?

Oh I'm not saying to tell us what it is. I'm just saying that's why we have so many pages. So yeah maybe we will reach 1972 pages lol

• Like 1

The surprise that won’t happen for another year or more lol

• Like 1