1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Why is everybody so certain there is a side project? I doubt there is one with all this build up to 20th anniversary of AI and 30th of dookie. 

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I feel like some kind of announcement will be coming soon!!! Wasn't it around this time back in 2019 when they were at the Madonna Inn?

Has there ever been a time when you didn't feel like an announcement was coming soon?

If there's a side project coming, that's cool. I just don't see why they'd pick now to do a side project. I don't see them doing FBHT in 2023, it just wouldn't make sense to me for them to release something like that not under the Green Day label. Like they've already released a lot of Foxboro type music under Green Day, including parts of FOAMF, why would they go back to doing that as FBHT?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Has there ever been a time when you didn't feel like an announcement was coming soon?

If there's a side project coming, that's cool. I just don't see why they'd pick now to do a side project. I don't see them doing FBHT in 2023, it just wouldn't make sense to me for them to release something like that not under the Green Day label. Like they've already released a lot of Foxboro type music under Green Day, including parts of FOAMF, why would they go back to doing that as FBHT?

Plus they said themselves that ¡DOS! was like a FBHT record

• Like 2

Something interesting was said: they are recording "their new music" all day, even at night, in a studio in West Hollywood, the girl seemed pretty sure about it (Here's the video).

30 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

There is, and I promise it isn’t interfering with Green Day.

So what I'm wondering is: if, as it has already been said, they have already finished recording the album, are they now recording for this side project? Can you give us any hint? 

• Like 3

A new side hustle!?!? Maybe that’s the super secret band at golden bull! I’d go if I were you! I hope they like touring and small venues! They can even use my backyard!

2 minutes ago, DearlyBeloved87 said:

Something interesting was said: they are recording "their new music" all day, even at night, in a studio in West Hollywood, the girl seemed pretty sure about it (Here's the video).

woah! 

I was talking with some people that have been in the hotel and they said that Green Day was there to recording new music in the studio and sign a contract with SelfiePop plataform.

I don't how much trustable It is this information, but It was they said.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 4

5 minutes ago, legendary said:

I was talking with some people that have been in the hotel and they said that Green Day was there to recording new music in the studio and sign a contract with SelfiePop plataform.

I just took a look at the SelfiePop website to see what it's all about and I've come to the conclusion that maybe this side project, whatever it is, will be SelfiePop exclusive content.

https://www.selfiepop.com/

• Surprised 1

So if they’re recording now, it would be a while for this side project anyway.

• Like 1

Then what is this thing with Chris Dugan not related to Green Day? Why can't tell us?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, legendary said:

Were those the girls that are trying to promote selfiepop by any chance? Cause if so I would take it with a grain of salt 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Best case scenario they debut side project songs Friday at Golden Bull. If they’re just recording the side project now it won’t be ready for quite a while.

Not so sure about that, if it truly was something like FBHT that was a pretty simple project straight to tape so could be looking at weeks to get a single or something released. Of course vinyl production is a different story but things like pre-orders etc. can mostly get around that.

I get the idea that they've sensed our frustrations over two years of teasing and want to give us something to talk about by the end of this year to make up for the delayed GD release

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Not so sure about that, if it truly was something like FBHT that was a pretty simple project straight to tape so could be looking at weeks to get a single or something released. Of course vinyl production is a different story but things like pre-orders etc. can mostly get around that.

I get the idea that they've sensed our frustrations over two years of teasing and want to give us something to talk about by the end of this year to make up for the delayed GD release

Someone on here said a song takes 2 days to mix and master. How would they pump out a side project so quickly if they just started recording yesterday?

• Like 1

Those with privileged info- does the '1972' title/idea still have any relevance?

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Someone on here said a song takes 2 days to mix and master. How would they pump out a side project so quickly if they just started recording yesterday?

1-2 weeks recording, 1-2 weeks mixing :) Plus considering we're already hearing about this I have an inkling they've already done some recording, so that would speed things along a bit.

If I had ~10 songs fully written and realised I'd be confident I could get them recorded and mixed in a few weeks, and I'm just one guy! Even as a side project this is a huge band with a lot of money behind it

We did talk about Green Day releasing stuff in a different order than they recorded it.    Someone made the joke and I mentioned The Beatles actually releasing their last two albums in reverse order.     Hopefully Green Day 14 is COMPLETELY done.   Cds, vinyls, everything ready to rock and roll.    And now Green Day are withholding it to go in and make a Tubbies record with the momentum they gained in the studio.  They learned from the Trilogy that being prolific must be funneled a different way.    2 years on the Green Day record, and then bada bing badaboom - go in with guns ablazing on all cylinders and bang out a side project in a week.     Put out said side project so the GDC pyscho's don't come a-storming the mansion gates and then after that,   put all efforts into promoting a massive Green Day record.    Get the narrative straight so the masses know this is a head-turning Green Day album.      Maybe even go for broke on a big, cross over.    Selling Out isn't even capitalized in 2023 people, it's over.   Let's have Green Day with Justin Beiber...or maybe the Weeknd.       Hearing people talk about Green Day but being hush hush about it is both exciting and annoying as heck.    These waits between albums keep evolving, I guess.   Are we getting a massive, 21st Century Breakdown infused with Dookie Pop Punk?   They're staying away from the Idiot comparisons because those have only hindered them for the last 20 years?   I think so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

1-2 weeks recording, 1-2 weeks mixing :) Plus considering we're already hearing about this I have an inkling they've already done some recording, so that would speed things along a bit.

If I had ~10 songs fully written and realised I'd be confident I could get them recorded and mixed in a few weeks, and I'm just one guy! Even as a side project this is a huge band with a lot of money behind it

Plus album art, etc

• Like 1