1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

37 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

If anybody is still concerned about whether we'll be treated to as much clapping as FOAMF, just an observation:

A Little Boy Named Train off of Demolicious -- claps in prechorus!

A Little Boy Named Train as heard on Tre, after being graced by our friend Rob Cavallo -- no claps in sight 🤷‍♂️

Sidenote - everybody calls them handclaps when this is brought up... is that an American thing? What kind of claps would they record that aren't made by hands 🤔

Interesting thoughts. I may be wrong but on your first point, Tre was recorded around Feb to June '12, and released Dec.

Demolicious was a post Trilogy demo  project released April '14 I think ?  Having a live feel with banter at end of some songs. ( Was that Mike telling Billie Joe that his playing was really sloppy?)

Therefore, Demolicious songs contained many interesting variations to the original studio version of each song.  Imho Demolicious was an amazing alternative to the studio songs chosen.  You could almost sense you where with them in the studio. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, that would mean  Rob's version without clapping came first??

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://discord.com/channels/252988599690199041/975433938539544637

In the Discord, I said, could this be another September-February release window? And someone replied, probably more like October-March. Anyway, all I know is I just want some answers soon!!!

Whichever option, I'm sure, the answer would be the same. Single-album, in that order. every reason to be excited.

47 minutes ago, pcj said:

Interesting thoughts. I may be wrong but on your first point, Tre was recorded around Feb to June '12, and released Dec.

Demolicious was a post Trilogy demo  project released April '14 I think ?  Having a live feel with banter at end of some songs. ( Was that Mike telling Billie Joe that his playing was really sloppy?)

Therefore, Demolicious songs contained many interesting variations to the original studio version of each song.  Imho Demolicious was an amazing alternative to the studio songs chosen.  You could almost sense you where with them in the studio. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, that would mean  Rob's version without clapping came first??

Surely Demolicious, by it’s very name and the fact some songs clearly have unfinished lyrics, was recorded before the Trilogy and was the demos for the Trilogy, regardless of it’s release date?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

It's kind of like Weezer where people think their catalogue basically alternates good/bad/good/bad.    

But really, I think it's the norm of just about any band.    Highs, lows.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

It's kind of like Weezer where people think their catalogue basically alternates good/bad/good/bad.    

But really, I think it's the norm of just about any band.    Highs, lows.   

Yeah this is just the norm for any band. If the cycle happened after each album i.e. good album, bad album, good album bad album etc. then maybe it would be a GD exclusive thing but in this theory, GD often have multiple albums within the same boom or bust cycle. For all we know, 1972 could still be within the FOAMF "bust"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gwen Stacy said:

🍑

Blood sex and booze part II confirmed 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Went to the warped tour band tribute show this past weekend and it was amazing. They even had “Dookie: Green Day tribute band” as the openers. It was a great way to fill in the void of not having seen live performing Green Day songs for the past 2 years for me (hella mega) . Highly recommend finding local cover bands, there are a lot out there!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah this is just the norm for any band. If the cycle happened after each album i.e. good album, bad album, good album bad album etc. then maybe it would be a GD exclusive thing but in this theory, GD often have multiple albums within the same boom or bust cycle. For all we know, 1972 could still be within the FOAMF "bust"

That' right.  the Boom-Bust theory doesn't hold up because one boom has 3 albums, then 2, then 1 and 1.    And the dreaded busts have 1 album, 3 albums ,1 album.    Granted the Trilogy could be ONE bust, but it still doesn't add up.    

Maybe a line graph would be better suited for identifying the data, but we know what it would look like.     There's spikes and dips, but a natural downward trend.   At this point, I think the best can happen in today's pop landscape is that Green Day put out an album that's respected at the level of Revolution Radio or maybe even 21st Century Breakdown.    And it's not because they suck now, it's just because stuff can't BE as big as Dookie or Idiot anymore.      Comparing the new album to Breakdown might sound crazy, but I think due to the time they have supposedly put into this thing, that it will be a labor of love on some kind of level like that, and they definitely want to capitalize on the the album that made them.      Dookie / Breakdown double cylinder shooting thread, coming between now and March!   Let's go! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pcj said:

Was that Mike telling Billie Joe that his playing was really sloppy? 

Pretty sure that's Billie but not listened to it in a while

• Like 2

Looks like the sunset marquis hotel, they’ve stayed there a lot 

• Like 3

Sometimes I can't believe Billie dresses that way unironically.

Like he's legit walking around in public wearing sunglasses (at the same time as a scarf lol) that are almost as big as his already oversized head

• Haha 3

On one of Michelle Farrell’s stories she says she “hung out with Green Day in the studio” what do we make of that?

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

Why tre is dressing a skirt? Why billie is hanging a suitcase, why did mike dye blonde, why are they all together? 👀 a lot of questions, 0 answers. 

7 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

Why tre is dressing a skirt? Why billie is hanging a suitcase, why did mike dye blonde, why are they all together? 👀 a lot of questions, 0 answers. 

I can answer one Tre is holding his jacket behind him, not wearing a skirt and Mike has been blonde for a while I think, and often is.  Having said that, if this Green Day promo and Billie is blonde I may have to go and lie down! 😂😂 Unless the stylists got hold him and he ‘s back to jet black by today.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

wow Billie has aged and become a nice grandpa dressed fashionably. He reminds of me of that little asian dude from hangover in this pic

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1