1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

"Two things define you: your patience when you have no 1972 and your attitude when you have 1972."

• Like 3

Was pacejunkie the one who said that Billie had vocal surgery? In retrospect that might be true since pacejunkie has connections clearly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Was pacejunkie the one who said that Billie had vocal surgery? In retrospect that might be true since pacejunkie has connections clearly.

No that was @redline punkย  I tried to get it confirmed but still unconfirmedย 

• Thanks 2
  • Surprised 1

Can someone get me to page 265 of this thread?ย  Can't figure out how to get there on a phone.ย ย 

29 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

ย 

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And besides, if it were true, I'm sure Billie would've included that in his life update Instagram video, like a quick video from his operating chair before going into surgery

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Can someone get me to page 265 of this thread?ย  Can't figure out how to get there on a phone.ย ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, pinkyy said:

Last time i actually understood anything happening in this thread was about 200 pages ago.

This is from 200 pages ago:

Guys , ifย you had sex with your partner last year around this time ,you could've had a child by now.

Yeah that's how longย we've waited but still no proper announcements.

Now in 2023, that child could be a Green Day fan and already experiencing their first wait for the next Green Day album.ย  ย  The new wave of Green Day fans are going to be some angry 4 or 5 year olds by the time a new a Green Day record drops.ย  Maybe even 6 year olds.ย  Gen Alpha - The Rage and love!ย 

(Sex is how babies are made.)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Guys , ifย you had sex with your partner last year around this time ,you could've had a child by now.

Now in 2023, that child could be a Green Day fan and already experiencing their first wait for the next Green Day album.ย  ย  The new wave of Green Day fans are going to be some angry 4 or 5 year olds by the time a new a Green Day record drops.ย  Maybe even 6 year olds.ย  Gen Alpha - The Rage and love!ย 

Worth it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

This is the longest album anticipation thread we've ever had!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

like a quick video from his operating chair before going into surgery

Huh? Even if the voice surgery is true I don't think Billie would film himself on the operating chair lol

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Hey that's my story

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So I've been MIA for a few weeks. What's going on? There were some Instagram posts to suggest Billie is working on a non-GD related thing?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Thanks for clarifying the situation. So at best this is a rumour, or at worse fake news. if the latter surely that is irresponsible, especially claiming surgery has taken place.

So if in future some authentic news is posted without confirmation, your left second guessing if it is true or not.

ย 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, pcj said:

Thanks for clarifying the situation. So at best this is a rumour, or at worse fake news. if the latter surely that is irresponsible, especially claiming surgery has taken place.

So if in future some authentic news is posted without confirmation, your left second guessing if it is true or not.

ย 

Like that time the RevRad tracklist leaked and we all said, โ€œThis canโ€™t possibly be realโ€ and it was LOL!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Like that time the RevRad tracklist leaked and we all said, โ€œThis canโ€™t possibly be realโ€ and it was LOL!!!

With the titles being lines from other songs, haha.ย  ย Troubled Times, Bang Bang.

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

With the titles being lines from other songs, haha.ย  ย Troubled Times, Bang Bang.

Too Dumb to Die too

• Like 1

I just logged for the first time after months andย THERE IS A LEAKED SONG?ย ย ๐Ÿ˜ฒย 

So many pages too! Exciting stuff!

• Like 2

It's taking so long because replacing all three members of a trio is extremely tough.ย  ย It can't be just anybody.ย  We all have to receive them as positively as possible.ย  ย And to complicate things even further, they now have to be born in 1972!ย  ย I think we now have the answers though.ย  Craig Jones or Alkaline Trio guy on drumsย  Derek Wimbly on vox and guitars and Fat Mike on bass.ย ย 

Once all these guys are in place, then they can probably write and record from 2024 to 2026.ย  ย  Album probably out in 2027 or 2028.ย  ย 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

Someone on Reddit I believe pointed out that this may have been fairly recent because of his Retro Junkie hat. Itโ€™s a bar in California and he played a show there with the Coverups in February

• Like 3

If anybody is still concerned about whether we'll be treated to as much clapping as FOAMF, just an observation:

A Little Boy Named Train off of Demolicious -- claps in prechorus!

A Little Boy Named Train as heard on Tre, after being graced by our friend Rob Cavallo -- no claps in sight ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

Sidenote - everybody calls them handclaps when this is brought up... is that an American thing? What kind of claps would they record that aren't made by hands ๐Ÿค”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3