1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

7 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

👀👀👀 are you guys implying that there’s already a name for the album? 

5 hours ago, StaryedHeart said:

Maybe there's no name yet :(

46 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Why wouldn’t there be?

Did they actually ditch the 1972 title?

• Like 1

I just want to know if Saviors and the ''other project not related to Green Day" are related.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I just want to know if Saviors and the ''other project not related to Green Day" are related.

That’s what I’m thinking too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Why wouldn’t there be?

Because Jason has said they didn't actually have a name for the album, although that was months ago now I suppose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I'm sorry, I'm lost again, I must have missed something. Where did the name 'Saviors' come from? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

No they’re not

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So I guess Saviors is related to the next album.

And the other project is probably FBHT.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alf said:

My bet is on another Longshot album

Even though this is over a year old as well, could this be part of this side project? It doesn’t exactly sound like a Green Day recording

• Love 3

39 minutes ago, Alf said:

My bet is on another Longshot album

The thing is Mike and Tré seems to be involved too.

• Like 1

What does everyone think the chances are it's a whole new side project? Those in the know don't get to guess 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Anything but Green Day.

Nah these award-winning producers only work with Green Day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Nah these award-winning producers only work with Green Day.

We know the album is finished. Therefore it's safe to assume GD are no longer in the studio?

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Anything but Green Day.

Then they are working on the so called side project not related to GD or the IG photo is not recent?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No they’re not

What else is there that you are not telling us? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another project??? Meanwhile we wait for 1972... I like it!!

We had The Network (But they don't count because they're not GD ;);) ) before AI and Foxboro Hot Tubs before 21stCB.... Nice!!

And can we say the trilogy is oficially the new "Warning" in GD's discography??? (Or at least since Post AI era??? 😁

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Insomniac1984 said:

And can we say the trilogy is oficially the new "Warning" in GD's discography??? (Or at least since Post AI era??? 😁

IMHO that would be FOAM, at least in terms of shift to a more polished and pop sound and production style, very cold fan reception contrasted by relatively positive critic reviews, underwhelming sales. 

Then of course we are still comparing apples and pears, but if we have to divide their discography in half I would say that the Trilogy is more of a half baked Nimrod than a Warning. I think by the time AI came out the fanbase feelings towards that record were closer to the ones this fanbase has towards FOAM. 

• Like 2

Hi. Can Somebody explain the reason why the Project 1972 was delayed and why we talk about another record that could be released before 1972 instead ? I am a little Bit lost in this thread... 

1 hour ago, pinkyy said:

Last time i actually understood anything happening in this thread was about 200 pages ago.

We did just have this studio cello clip that Billie shared in his Instagram video last week

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/media/rob-cavallo-captures-big-studio-sound-with-big-six

So I just took a look at this article again, and at the time of writing, it clearly says Cavallo and CLA were currently mixing the album, so obviously it has to be done by now. It also says the album is due out early next year, so could it have been written at a time when it wasn't exactly officially finalized? Like maybe they misunderstood Cavallo if he actually said something like, "Near the end of this year, or early next year at the latest."

• Like 2