1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

it kinda sounds like one of the official tiktok 1972 song leaks

This is rick astley never gonna give you Up , Not American pie , but sounds like wanna be AI

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I can't believe nobody is talking about that new studio clip Billie gave us with him playing a cello!!! I mean, it's only like a 3 second clip but at least it's something!!!

11 hours ago, That Dude said:

I FEEL LIKE A CELLO! 

some may ask, how is the cello punk!?

A: CELLO BIAFRA!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I asked Google Bard when 1972 is coming and he says it's already out and the lead single is Mutron Jam.   The album is a return to their Punk Rock roots.     I reworded the question to when is the next Green Day record coming out and he says an unspecified date in 2024, confirmed by Cavallo.

Clearly just from the joke on reddit, but hey.   2:30 single called Mutron Jam that recalls Longview?    That sounds amazing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So no new single before summer shows? I mean, before the two shows only. Honestly I thought by this time we had more shows and one song off, but definitely is not happening and got no idea when at this point. We just know the album is on 2024. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BratReject23 said:

So no new single before summer shows? I mean, before the two shows only. Honestly I thought by this time we had more shows and one song off, but definitely is not happening and got no idea when at this point. We just know the album is on 2024. 

At this point, I hope they follow a schedule similar to FOAM, i.e. September single-February album, or earlier if we're lucky, i.e. August single-January album. Then we could say Green Day is the focus of the summer!!!! And if that's the case, we wouldn't have to wait that long since we're already in mid June!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I think we can forget my inside info for a new album before the show in one month :(

Is this the same guy who sent you the one eyed bastard leak a week before everyone else got it? 😝

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

At this point, I hope they follow a schedule similar to FOAM, i.e. September single-February album, or earlier if we're lucky, i.e. August single-January album. Then we could say Green Day is the focus of the summer!!!! And if that's the case, we wouldn't have to wait that long since we're already in mid June!!!

https://greenday.com/tour
So I just looked at the tour schedule and I noticed after the Harley Davidson show and the Quebec City show next month, they don’t have another show until the end of September, the Louder than Life show in Louisville. So unless there are more unannounced festivals in August and early September, maybe a new single would be released in that time along with the album announcement? Maybe that’s when they’ll play the secret shows?

• Like 2

I have no other crazy speculations left in me today.  That's how long of a wait we're in now.  I joined GDC during the Breakdown Era and haven't been on here during such a wait. 

2024, 2025.  2026? 2027?  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

I’m hoping the reason for the early 2024 release is they have big promotional plans for this album and perhaps sometime in the next few months that promotion will slowly begin, who knows though. This is the weirdest lead up to a Green Day album ever, I feel desperate AND hopeless at this point 😂

And like I said, I'm hoping that we get a similar release schedule to FOAM this time, September single, February album, or August-January if we're lucky!!!

I am thinking the band will take more time for 1972. Maybe they would want to schedule something for DOOKIE's 30th anniversary, then (maybe late 2024 or in 2025) they would release 1972.

44 minutes ago, Insomniac1984 said:

I am thinking the band will take more time for 1972. Maybe they would want to schedule something for DOOKIE's 30th anniversary, then (maybe late 2024 or in 2025) they would release 1972.

Do you honestly think they'll keep us waiting that long for an album that started in 2021? We already seen them with CLA which would imply the album is all mixed and ready!!!

• Like 1

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

Do you honestly think they'll keep us waiting that long for an album that started in 2021? We already seen them with CLA which would imply the album is all mixed and ready!!!

You're right... but, we are still waiting for an announcement. I see no reason to not release at least a first single at this point.

If the guys decide to postpone the release of 1972... I'm ok with that. I am more interested now in a 30th anniversary for Dookie.

• Like 1

I'm totally fine with waiting until 2024 for an album they are working hard on but something to build hype would really help. Even just studio pictures every so often. 

• Like 2