1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I only called it football just to be mildly annoying, I’m so sorry

Oh god, what did I do!  
Back on topic, so nearly another week nearer the new record! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They've given us so many side projects, I think it's about time we get a back project! 1972, back project! Because they're taking us back in time, though not as Green Day. This time around, we will be getting The Coverboro Pinshot Network (be on the lookout for any frustrators!)

There we go, I've done it. My worst post yet! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

I think it’s relevant, if there is a song about football on the new record, would Billie call it soccer or football, given his extensive stays in the UK? What if he calls it football and the Americans get confused? I think he should just call it calcio to honor his Italian heritage. Are all these stories and reels about football a hint to a concept album about football? Ted Lasso the rock opera incoming? 

Ok that Dude mode off now, don’t wanna steal his job. 

You can do any sports-related posts in That Dude Mode, because I don't know what sports are.  😉

Also, I'm getting more comfortable over on greenday.fm with posting that dudisms, so I'm kind of spreading it out over the two.    Trying to be a better denizen of both, and I think that helps.

I am speculating hopefully that 1972 will come out next month and have a black background with a bunch of tiny 2d hearts floating around and a cursive font Green Day across the top, kind of small.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

What are we going to do with ourselves once the album is actually released? Once that happens, we should probably start the next album anticipation thread right away. 

I think before considering that, there'll be plenty to talk about.  After listening to the album, I'm sure everyone will want to share theirs views. On the album, individual songs, the lyrics, etc.

And then, touring. Where are they playing, will they be near me and when, and getting tickets. Etc. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

its also the only right answer xD  recht hat er

Schöne Grüße aus dem Nachbarland 😂😂

54 minutes ago, pcj said:

I think before considering that, there'll be plenty to talk about.  After listening to the album, I'm sure everyone will want to share theirs views. On the album, individual songs, the lyrics, etc.

And then, touring. Where are they playing, will they be near me and when, and getting tickets. Etc. 

Pretty sure that was a joke 😂

Also Billie too busy  protesting the sale of a baseball team to make music so we gotta awhile . So punk . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

Pretty sure that was a joke 😂

Also Billie too busy  protesting the sale of a baseball team to make music so we gotta awhile . So punk . 

It's still my first day. 🤪

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

On 6/13/2023 at 7:20 PM, nflsbest26 said:

Love it! Wonder why he turned off comments

Has he turned his comments back on *since* the Joey scandal? I don’t think he has. Probably so he doesn’t have to deal with hate from that and he never turned them back on

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gdfan2007 said:

Has he turned his comments back on *since* the Joey scandal? I don’t think he has. Probably so he doesn’t have to deal with hate from that and he never turned them back on

Most of his recent posts have comments on besides his first post back and a T-Shirt collab from over a year ago

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flynn said:

Most of his recent posts have comments on besides his first post back and a T-Shirt collab from over a year ago

Oh interesting! I obviously didn’t see that

2 hours ago, pcj said:

It is interesting to think about when exactly this thread will be complete.  This the speculation thread, so I guess we will transition into a 1972 Album Thread once we (all) know for sure.   How long after an Era ends does that thread last? Hmm.     I an excite for albums 14, 15, 16 and 17.   We should just go ahead and open up speculation through album 100.  A ton of speculation never hurt anyone.   😉

Ugh..I am going to the UK (primarily London) in just under three weeks and I am SO not looking forward to trying to figure out what the fuck anybody is saying. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gdfan2007 said:

5 hours ago, Flynn said:

It makes sense to have the comments on so we can show support for Jesse Malin

• Like 1

Depression times / living in the Great divide !

Rodeo Queens forever!  

Man, they need to record that song for Green Day, release it as a benefit single, something!

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Ugh..I am going to the UK (primarily London) in just under three weeks and I am SO not looking forward to trying to figure out what the fuck anybody is saying. Lol

😂😂 you’ll be fine, just speak slowly and hope they do too, they are used to foreigners 😂😂

• Haha 1

I can't believe nobody is talking about that new studio clip Billie gave us with him playing a cello!!! I mean, it's only like a 3 second clip but at least it's something!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I can't believe nobody is talking about that new studio clip Billie gave us with him playing a cello!!! I mean, it's only like a 3 second clip but at least it's something!!!

I FEEL LIKE A CELLO! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah hopefully on the new album will be an orchestrated track. I can't imagine that this orchestra is not GD related. Or maybe for the film project that was rumoured a while ago.

• Like 4