1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

9 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Didn’t he do that with Dos? He effectively leaked parts of the songs before they came out.

I thought he did that with Zane Lowe around the time when Kill the DJ got released.  I could be off-base on that, but I think that was the backdrop for him doing this.  

• Like 3

That studio clip IMO proves that there will be lush string arrangements on this new record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

That studio clip IMO proves that there will be lush string arrangements on this new record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably only 1 song, maybe 2.     Nimrod, Warning, Breakdown and Tre have all had string parts, and they were insanely good, so yes.  Let's do it!  I'd be up for more of it if Green Day wanted to go in that direction.  Maybe Billie could do punkier vocals and have kind of a hybrid sound.    Still hoping for a 2023 release no matter what the band or band adjacent people are saying.  Haven't found it tonight though. ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think it was on Sirius XM

I know he did it on Radio 1 in the UK before they played the secret set at Reading. There was an Instagram post of him in the studio but all that's gone now. Zane Lowe's show was it? Anyone else remember? I taped one of his shows with GD years ago but no idea where the tape is now. 21st Century Breakdown era if I remember right and Tré saying that FBHT just "dropped out of their asses" :lol:

• Like 2

Also that bit at the end of Billie's video looks like it could be from a new music video!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ollhjr said:

I thought he did that with Zane Lowe around the time when Kill the DJ got released.  I could be off-base on that, but I think that was the backdrop for him doing this.  

Yeah that's what I remember 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I know he did it on Radio 1 in the UK before they played the secret set at Reading. There was an Instagram post of him in the studio but all that's gone now. Zane Lowe's show was it? Anyone else remember? I taped one of his shows with GD years ago but no idea where the tape is now. 21st Century Breakdown era if I remember right and Tré saying that FBHT just "dropped out of their asses" :lol:

I was talking about the one he did for FOAM

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Soccer. C'mon man.

Not in Europe. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Not in Europe. 

Billie Joe likes it to, and It's football (footy) on this side of the pond. 🤩

On 6/14/2023 at 7:08 AM, jengd said:

Not in Europe. 

I’m in Europe and i call it soccer.

Europe is made up of many different countries and cultures.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, cav9mm said:

Ok, sorry, a great deal of Europe calls what the Americans call soccer football as most countries don’t play what Americans call football, always dangerous to talk in general terms I know. Ah, the shared language 😆

• Love 1

2 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Sorry for the off topic but where in Europe would that be, never heard of that and I’m just too curious 😅

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jengd said:

Ok, sorry, a great deal of Europe calls what the Americans call soccer football as most countries don’t play what Americans call football, always dangerous to talk in general terms I know. Ah, the shared language 😆

1 hour ago, cav9mm said:

It's very confusing, especially if your into the various forms of football around the world. So using soccer as a term can be helpful. And with the various governing bodies using the word football e.g. FIFA, UEFA, NFL, ARF, RFU, and RFL. All playing football with different rules, and even different ball shapes. I love them all. Amazing the fun you have have with a bag of wind.

Oh, to keep this on topic, well sort of, Billie Joe likes footy, erm soccer. 😏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cav9mm said:

I‘m also from Europe and I call it „Fußball“ 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Insomniac90 said:

I‘m also from Europe and I call it „Fußball“ 😂

its also the only right answer xD  recht hat er

• Like 1
  • Haha 1