1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Probably a non starter for a side project, but maybe a Welcome To My Panic 2? 

As well as some amazing reworking of some classic GD songs, listening to Billie Joe sharing his thoughts and feelings of his life was so so special. I would love to hear more, along with more acoustic  versions of GD songs.

• Like 3

I always thought he’d be great doing a radio show, he has such depth of knowledge and love for music, I guess that has become he’d be great doing a podcast.  Maybe when GD retires.

16 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Eh you would be surprised by how companies working in way more critical fields then music treat and protect their data, not shocked by this  🥲

Oh I know and it is shocking but it’s pretty unforgivable if they haven’t done everything they can to protect data.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, pcj said:

Probably a non starter for a side project, but maybe a Welcome To My Panic 2? 

As well as some amazing reworking of some classic GD songs, listening to Billie Joe sharing his thoughts and feelings of his life was so so special. I would love to hear more, along with more acoustic  versions of GD songs.

Like his solo acoustic performance of Graffitia during that Covid Live From Home thing!

• Like 4

There was that one radio show he did when he played all of FOAM on some random radio station and talked about the songs. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

Billie does not have the voice for a podcast

Speak for yourself haha

I hope Billie comes up with a podcast or does more interviews with Podcasters.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Didn’t he do that with Dos? He effectively leaked parts of the songs before they came out.

He only did it with ¡UNO! because then iHeart happened and promotion stopped

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nopride84 said:

Billie does not have the voice for a podcast

I think he has the voice for it. The desire and follow-through are another question

31 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

They're right; he was at a radio station playing Dos songs from his iPhone before any of the albums were released.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Really? I don’t remember that, I remember the Welcome To My Panic podcast but don’t remember him doing all of Foam anytime.  Is it still available?

What, yes he does and he’d be funny too.

I think it was on Sirius XM

21 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think it was on Sirius XM

Ah rats, must have blocked out that I couldn’t hear it. 😁

Forgot if it was Sirius (for some reason I thought it was some random Midwest station, which made even less sense).  I only heard it the one time and never again.  You'd think someone would have caught it and put it on Youtube, but I've never heard it again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

No that’s not true. He leaked a part of Dos way back in early September.

• Like 2

Well the 2 snippets have been deleted by OP on vocaroo

9 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Well the 2 snippets have been deleted by OP on vocaroo

Safely downloaded 

• Love 1

On 6/9/2023 at 12:49 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

How long can an album take? Is this taking even longer than AI/21CB did? 

AI didn't take long at all. If everything about the "stolen masters" for C&V are true, plus making The Network record, AI only took maybe a year. They pumped it out so fast.

On 6/9/2023 at 6:56 PM, billy1986 said:

I’m not saying it’s good or bad but….I feel that When Green Day release the album…depending when Blink 182 releases theirs we may have another Pop Disaster Tour….maybe they might add Sun-41 idk….just a feeling I’d rather a Green Day tour not dual tour but just have a feeling pure speculation 

Don't even put that idea in my head... I'm (somewhat) pals with Sum and they've been awesome about letting me come to shows for concert photography and hanging backstage and stuff. Though even if it were to happen I'm sure the GD camp wouldn't let me anywhere near them, and a photo pass would be nearly impossible.

• Sad 1

On 6/10/2023 at 7:32 AM, DookieLukie said:

"Me too, me too! I'm special too!"

Oh lord, here we go again. 🙄

We crave info here and when someone actually has something, this toxic bitterness has to come out and be negative about it. FFS STFU!

On 6/10/2023 at 3:38 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

How do you know tho

That's not need-to-know information. Maybe just be grateful someone had info to tell us.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

That's not need-to-know information. Maybe just be grateful someone had info to tell us.

Just curious. I'm trusting Pace on what she's saying. It's just fun to know where the info come from but it's ok if she doesn't share.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

Oh I’m sooo sooo grateful. Should I kiss their feet to, dirty peasant that I am? I’m so unworthy.

8 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

football

Soccer. C'mon man.

• Haha 1