1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

the first clip sounds a lot like the longshot, i love it (of course its just a snippet)

the second one sounds 80ish, i like it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zebahar said:

I know this is just speculation, but I would be so angry if they did ANOTHER Dookie anniversary tour. We already did that like 5 years ago. We don't need the Dookie anniversary your EVERY tour. As for AI, the setlist is already mainly AI so why even do an anniversary tour.

It is very bold that you think GD will play any more than 2 songs off the new album on any future setlist

5 years ago? I know they played Dookie in full live a few times in 2013, which was 10 years ago.

7 hours ago, Zebahar said:

I know this is just speculation, but I would be so angry if they did ANOTHER Dookie anniversary tour. We already did that like 5 years ago. We don't need the Dookie anniversary your EVERY tour. As for AI, the setlist is already mainly AI so why even do an anniversary tour.

It is very bold that you think GD will play any more than 2 songs off the new album on any future setlist

What if this new album ends up having 4 or 5 singles?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

5 years ago? I know they played Dookie in full live a few times in 2013, which was 10 years ago.

They played it again in Madrid in 2019

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I don’t think it’s a matter of how many singles, but of how popular the record will be. And by that I mean sales/streaming numbers and wide-spread popularity, not hardcore fans reception. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Well it's happened before.

AI had 5  main CD singles

21st C also had 5.

Whist RevRad had 3.

I mention 'main', as there where variations around the world. So a particular single from an album was released with different covers, and different additional live tracks depending on country of issue.

• Like 2

The new (to me) leaks don’t sound like AI to me but if they are genuine can you just imagine all that work, time and energy being put into a body of work and it being hacked before you get a chance to release it!  Shocking, I can’t believe Crush (if it was them who were hacked) were so badly protected, really negligent imho. Wonder how are boys are feeling over this.  🥹

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jengd said:

The new (to me) leaks don’t sound like AI to me but if they are genuine can you just imagine all that work, time and energy being put into a body of work and it being hacked before you get a chance to release it!  Shocking, I can’t believe Crush (if it was them who were hacked) were so badly protected, really negligent imho. Wonder how are boys are feeling over this.  🥹

At least it doesn't seem to be leaks from their next work. All from 2020-ish

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

At least it doesn't seem to be leaks from their next work. All from 2020-ish

I wonder if we’ll ever know for definite. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jengd said:

Eh you would be surprised by how companies working in way more critical fields then music treat and protect their data, not shocked by this  🥲

• Like 2

Sorry, I need your help, I'm a tad lost. We've had three clips though Vocaroo.  Wasn't it said that the first one was AI generated. So how is it these last two are not, or have I missed something,?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pcj said:

Sorry, I need your help, I'm a tad lost. We've had three clips though Vocaroo.  Wasn't it said that the first one was AI generated. So how is it these last two are not, or have I missed something,?

They just... aren’t.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I eat pizza near a gate in my pool party for one day and I miss something.   A song called Fever?????

1 hour ago, nflsbest26 said:

Green Day’s Instagram post just now got me excited. Perhaps more festivals to be announced this summer? Or you think they’re only referring to the upcoming 3 festivals?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtaPEiRp0fB/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Did you see the comments? Someone asked "Where's the album?" and someone replied, "Did you hear the leak?" and other people are asking, "Send it plz!!!" If it gets out of hand. the guys would have to address it soon!!!!

56 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Did you see the comments? Someone asked "Where's the album?" and someone replied, "Did you hear the leak?" and other people are asking, "Send it plz!!!" If it gets out of hand. the guys would have to address it soon!!!!

I think they’re talking about the bastard of one eye. 
I don’t like when albums leak, does anyone else here agree?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

No.

• Like 1