1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

5 minutes ago, pcj said:

They can be working on something else at the same time, as the new album is not finished

The new album is finished. That's what @pacejunkie punk confirmed on greenday.fm

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

The new album is finished. That's what @pacejunkie punk confirmed on greenday.fm

I'm sorry I've not seen that.

Read the post now. I've always respected @pacejunkie punk's posts, but where's the source detail to substantiate it?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, pcj said:

I'm sorry I've not seen that.

Read the post now. I've always respected @pacejunkie punk's posts, but where's the source detail to substantiate it?

She or he is friends with Billie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Wow, did he say that or is it just your assumption?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DearlyBeloved87 said:

Wow, did he say that or is it just your assumption?

He/she has inside info and talks about Billie in the way a close friend should, so I put the pieces together. I don't think anyone would talk that way about someone if they weren't a friend.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Pacejunkie doesn't know Billie. She knows people in his circle but not Billie himself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, legendary said:

If Judd's post mean something, could be a side project by Mike Dirnt

I think it probably involves Billie, seeing as he activated his Instagram and he only does that for promo.

Besides, I'm thinking it's probably bigger than a minor side project of one of the members, because Chris Dugan mixes most of Green Day related stuff, he's practically on their payroll, but now it seems Chris Lord-Alge is mixing their new album and whatever this project is, and he's probably a little more demanded/expensive? Just a theory

• Like 2

Mike Dirnt going solo for a disco record, perhaps?  All this latest speculation is going to get us excited for multiple records when we will probably only get one.   Tubbies, Pinhead Gunpowder and the glorious Rodeo Queens all need more material.   Especially Rodeo Queens.  Depression Times! Living in the Great divide.

1 hour ago, squinty bitch said:

Pacejunkie doesn't know Billie. She knows people in his circle but not Billie himself.

I can also personally confirm this

• Like 3

Where’s this side project thing coming from? Only cause of the Mike plectrum/tag? Might be wrong but these guys probably work with other bands too, no? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Where’s this side project thing coming from? 

Forbidden knowledge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, squinty bitch said:

I know people in Billie's circle and even some of the band members but they don't tell me a thing other than it won't be out before 2024. Damn. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

I know people in Billie's circle and even some of the band members but they don't tell me a thing other than it won't be out before 2024. Damn. 

You mean 1972 or this rumored new project? 

• Like 1

Just now, BratReject23 said:

You mean 1972 or this rumored new project? 

I mean '1972'.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Forbidden knowledge.

So people sharing info in private messages that they don’t share in this board? Cause I didn’t see any “insider info’ hinting at this. 

Edit: to be clear, not trying to be an asshole or doubting people’s knowledge. Just want to understand if it’s the usual “one random person post side project and everyone assume it’s a side project” situation, or if there’s something concrete behind it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Forbidden knowledge.

This could be a band name.    Interesting. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

So people sharing info in private messages that they don’t share in this board? Cause I didn’t see any “insider info’ hinting at this. 

Edit: to be clear, not trying to be an asshole or doubting people’s knowledge. Just want to understand if it’s the usual “one random person post side project and everyone assume it’s a side project” situation, or if there’s something concrete behind it.

It was hinted at a few pages ago. If this upcoming project isn't Green Day, it has to be a side project.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Are they?

7 hours ago, squinty bitch said:

Yeah?

23 hours ago, HoneyEmerald said:

Whose album though?

Idk someone’s probably

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess 2024 makes sense. Because when they tour, this is what their setlists could look like

Dookie 30th anniversary

1. 1972 song

2. 1972 song

3. Burnout

4. Having a Blast

5. Chump

6. Longview

7. Welcome to Paradise

8. Pulling Teeth

9. Basket Case

10. She

11. Sassafras Roots

12. When I Come Around

13. Coming Clean

14. Emenius Sleepus

15. In the End

16. F.O.D

17. All By Myself

18. 1972 Song

19. 1972 song

20. 1972 song

American Idiot 20th Anniversary

1. American Idiot

2. Jesus of Suburbia

3. Holiday

4. Boulevard of Broken Dreams

5. Are We the Waiting

6. St. Jimmy

7. Give Me Novacaine

8. She's a Rebel

9. Extraordinary Girl

10. Letterbomb

11. Wake Me Up When September Ends

12. Homecoming

13. Whatsername

14, Too Much Too Soon

15. Shoplifter

16. Governator

17. Favorite Son

18. 1972 song

19. 1972 song

20. 1972 song

21. 1972 song

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

It was hinted at a few pages ago. If this upcoming project isn't Green Day, it has to be a side project.

Unless I missed something Sanity Loan and pacejunkie only said those pictures are not Green Day related. And then people started assuming they are side-project related. Why it has to be a side-project if it is not Green Day, are those guys exclusively working with GD and their side-projects? Genuinely asking. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah... people also assumed that it would be a side project because of Billie reactivating not just because of the posts. He usually comes back when he has something to promote.

Fair, but will maintain my skepticism until positively surprised 😝

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I know this is just speculation, but I would be so angry if they did ANOTHER Dookie anniversary tour. We already did that like 5 years ago. We don't need the Dookie anniversary your EVERY tour. As for AI, the setlist is already mainly AI so why even do an anniversary tour.

It is very bold that you think GD will play any more than 2 songs off the new album on any future setlist

• Like 2