1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Are we seriously back on Brit? Jesus christ, back off the family members. She has nothing to do with the album. Outside of being married to Mike, she has NO relevance to the band or each member's personal beliefs. Just stop being weird and hyper-focused on her. Believe it or not, it is possible to be married to and love someone with different beliefs than you. Mods, please put a ban on the word Brit, or any variation of her name, in this thread (mostly kidding with that last part).

Tell me about it!!!! This place was going crazy over the Joey situation!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I’m sure quarantining one member of the band in separate hotels for an entire tour and in a separate studio for a recording session wasn’t a change for the band at all.

Mike was vaxxed though so I doubt they went to that extreme when Britt wasn’t with him on tour 

• Like 2

https://ibb.co/zsN0Vcw

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Cavallo_production_discography

A little off-topic, but did you ever realize, how Rob Cavallo produced The Muffs records paved the way for the "Green Day sound" from their 1993 debut album on? Even foreshadowing Green Day's Sound 1-2 decades later, especially the solos, which were not present for some time after Kerplunk, and the even heavier sound.

R.i.p. Kim Shattuck 😢

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Is that Pro Tools? Maybe someone could compare that with a photo of a Pro Tools recording

Yeah it is but that doesn’t really mean anything, everyone uses it 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Those two Instagram posts are not Green Day-related.

Are you sure or guessing?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alf said:

Are you sure or guessing?

We’re both sure

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

12 hours ago, billy1986 said:

I’m not saying it’s good or bad but….I feel that When Green Day release the album…depending when Blink 182 releases theirs we may have another Pop Disaster Tour….maybe they might add Sun-41 idk….just a feeling I’d rather a Green Day tour not dual tour but just have a feeling pure speculation

It's been over  20 years since pop disaster but I'm sure now s the time when they're going to do it  especially after mark said they asked them two years ago and they said no 😆 and also sum 41 been around for 20 years too but I'm sure green day just never got around to asking them to tour in all that time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes I know what they’re working on now, no it’s not Green Day and no I’m not telling you in order to not ruin the surprise. I’m just telling you this so you don’t get your hopes up or speculate on this for another hundred pages. It’s not Green Day. So stop being jerks

When you say not Green Day do you mean the brand or are these guys working on something else entirely with different people, or can you not say?

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes I know what they’re working on now, no it’s not Green Day and no I’m not telling you in order to not ruin the surprise. I’m just telling you this so you don’t get your hopes up or speculate on this for another hundred pages. It’s not Green Day. So stop being jerks

I don't think that come to a public forum and just throw half information about a supposed secret is something nice.

If it's not public information, there is no point on bringing it up here, other than the speculation based on those stories...

After this you can't comply when someone comes here and say you are bragging 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That would be nice!!! Something to hold us over while we wait for 1972 (or whatever it's called now). Similar to FBHT Stop Drop and Roll in 2008 before 21CB came out in 2009!!!

• Like 3

If it truly is a side project, I’d imagine that means the GD album is a ways out. Wouldn’t make sense to release a side project and GD record mere months apart.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

If it truly is a side project, I’d imagine that means the GD album is a ways out. Wouldn’t make sense to release a side project and GD record mere months apart.

I would bet on a fall 24 release for the new GD, if this is indeed a side project

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

7 minutes ago, pcj said:

Early 2024 is around 8/9 months away. It has been done before.

In-between GD albums during '90's you had that awesome side project Pinhead Gunpowder. Carry The Banner came out 10 months prior to Insomniac. Goodbye Ellston Avenue 8 months prior to Nimrod. 3 ep's where released in quick succession in summer 2000, 4 months prior to Warning.

I wish they would get back together, but I know I'm in dreamland.

Yes but that would require whatever the release is to come out very shortly.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alf said:

I would bet on a fall 24 release for the new GD, if this is indeed a side project

Forgive me if I've got it wrong, but in the recent interview didn't Rob say "early next year" ?

• Like 2