1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Sum 41 said at Rock am Ring they finished their last album but don‘t know the exact release date but probably beginning 2024. Think the same for Green Day as it looks like it‘s not even finished

That’s a big assumption he’s doing a Green Day mix. I don’t think the Dirnt pick confirms that.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

That’s a big assumption he’s doing a Green Day mix. I don’t think the Dirnt pick confirms that.

But if you look closely at the bottom of the keyboard, he tagged Mike

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

It doesn’t confirm, but it it is more suggestive than not. It’d be weird to throw up Green Day merch on a post if they were mixing a Foo Fighters song or something.

That plus tagging Mike in the story

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Wonder if he's preparing the first single. Maybe radio edits like censoring and cutting the song down to 3 minutes?

It's a pic of his studio desktop with a guitar pick stuck in the keyboard that says, "JUST DIRNT IT"

That would be amazing, but I'm sorry I think this photo is just confirming that the band are still in the studio. The last official statement from Jan10 said,  'They are still "in the middle" of working on the new record.' The previous studio photo was Feb 23 showing Chris Lorde-Alge, Mike, Tre and Rob Cavallo.

• Like 1

How long can an album take? Is this taking even longer than AI/21CB did? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But AI/21CB are 2 amazing albums. Also, we don't know how much time out they are taking between each recording. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Cigarettes and Valentines was recorded from July - October 2002 and American Idiot was recorded from April 2003 - March 2004 and the album came out in September 2004

21st Century Breakdown was recorded from January 2008 - April 2009 and came out in May 2009

• Thanks 2
  • Surprised 1

Since Brit has gone into another nonsense rampage on Instagram, I was wondering that maybe the guys were together again doing something. But to be back on studio recording/mixing wasn't one of my assumptions.

It's been almost a year since the last real teaser... I am start fearing for this album. i hope it fills all the expectations

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Alf said:

Since Brit has gone into another nonsense rampage on Instagram

Collab with Angels & Airwaves confirmed

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Alf said:

Since Brit has gone into another nonsense rampage on Instagram, I was wondering that maybe the guys were together again doing something. But to be back on studio recording/mixing wasn't one of my assumptions.

It's been almost a year since the last real teaser... I am start fearing for this album. i hope it fills all the expectations

Maybe the no4 is an omen. 1994, 2004, and now 2024. Another special in the making.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Alf said:

After the anti vaccine and anti LBGTQ+  now she's saying UFO was created by the gvnmt wow 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

After the anti vaccine and anti LBGTQ+  now she's saying UFO was created by the gvnmt wow 😂

🤦🏻 Poor Mike

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Insomniac90 said:

Sum 41 said at Rock am Ring they finished their last album but don‘t know the exact release date but probably beginning 2024. Think the same for Green Day as it looks like it‘s not even finished

Imagine if Green Day and sum 41 end up touring together in 2024…that’d be wild!

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

🤦🏻 Poor Mike

I bet Mike is itching to get on tour and out of the house lol 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Mixing? Re-mixing?

The red on the bottomish track means something was being recorded while the picture was taken

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jon Benjamin said:

The red on the bottomish track means something was being recorded while the picture was taken

Is that Pro Tools? Maybe someone could compare that with a photo of a Pro Tools recording

• Like 1

I’m not saying it’s good or bad but….I feel that When Green Day release the album…depending when Blink 182 releases theirs we may have another Pop Disaster Tour….maybe they might add Sun-41 idk….just a feeling I’d rather a Green Day tour not dual tour but just have a feeling pure speculation 

• Like 1