1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

21 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Lol you were one of the first to dm me to have the leak.

So? I wouldn't want the whole album to be leaked and I honestly wouldn't have even cared if OEB didn't leak

Yesterday in Green Day's subreddit, someone showed a screenshot of the SESAC credits of OEB (apparently it's the database that oversees royalty credits) and it had Billie as the only writer of the song. I was wondering, is that a normal thing for the guys? They always make a point to add all three names as writers to have equal credits, so it immediately caught my eye.

Could this mean something else? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes

Well that kind of blows

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Yesterday in Green Day's subreddit, someone showed a screenshot of the SESAC credits of OEB (apparently it's the database that oversees royalty credits) and it had Billie as the only writer of the song. I was wondering, is that a normal thing for the guys? They always make a point to add all three names as writers to have equal credits, so it immediately caught my eye.

Not sure if that could change later on, but it is interesting.   Most Green Day songs begin with Billie and then Mike and Tre sort of add stuff or make suggestions during recording.   My first thought was that it could be a solo Billie song, but it's got too much Green Day flavor for that, I think.     Maybe after Album 14, Billie could an original solo album under his own name.     Maybe it'll sound like Green Day, maybe it won't.   Maybe Green Day will become something else and Billie Joe solo could take on a Green Day sound.   I don't know.     All I know is this topic is starting to give me basketcase symptoms.  Haha.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Do we know if this was a Green Day demo or a Billie home demo? If this was indeed recorded in 2020 when we were all in lockdown and around the time Billie did all the No Fun Mondays stuff, then yeah, it all checks out to be a Billie home demo

• Like 1

Nah this definitely sounds like a GD demo imo. Not necessarily something that Mike or Tré had anything to do with just yet but it sounds like it's intended for GD. if it ends up being on the album, the completed version will probably have changes made to it and the whole band will probably be credited for songwriting

• Like 2

I didn’t bother to look for the full song after reading the craziness of this thread 😂 but I was scrolling on tiktok and came across the whole song from a gd fan account. Intentional leak or not I don’t hate the song! 😅

12 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah I don't get the outrage people are having over others choosing not to share the song. If the band doesn't want it leaked, it makes perfect sense for people to decide not to leak it. It's out there now for basically everyone to hear so it doesn't even matter but I just don't get it

Presume I got a warning for having a link for it. Would be nice to know if that’s what I got it for. Moderators on this site just pick and choose 😂😂

48 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

Presume I got a warning for having a link for it. Would be nice to know if that’s what I got it for. Moderators on this site just pick and choose 😂😂

I think everyone on GDC got a warning 😂

6 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So the next challenge is to find 2 snippet of two different song.

Don't tease a project 2 years before releasing... absolutely nothing. Marketing sucks. I hope the whole album is gonna get leaked.

Given how long they've been sitting on completed songs (Think back to first 1972 teaser, that was 100% a finished master) it's a miracle we've only had one song leaked so far!

1 Eyed Bastard.

9 Songs that combine the attitude of Dookie with the emotion of Idiot.  

7 solos across the the album.

2.  Feel Good Songs of the Year

and I dont' know, aliens or something.    We're really just floating around in the Green Day ooze at this point.   And I need more.    I think selling barrels of the American Idiot slime could be a lucritive business.  And judging by how nonschalant the guys have been about me listening to One Eyed Bastard around 10 times on my laptop, I don't think any legal action would be taken against me.     If they did come at me,  I'd just change the name to Dude Slime and keep on raking in  that sweet, sweet Green Day money.  

Hmm.   I come up with my best ideas when I'm on GDC and just let my fingers go where they may.    Who wants to be a slime person with me? We're gonna need barrels.    And if we could get a sideways flag that bleeds slime, that'd be a big seller too.    

Du-nu-nu-nu-nu 

badabing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanPak said:

Given how long they've been sitting on completed songs (Think back to first 1972 teaser, that was 100% a finished master) it's a miracle we've only had one song leaked so far!

Tell me about it!!! All those teasers sound so good in my earbuds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Do we really know for a fact OEB was leaked and not a marketing push for the band to generate hype for a new album?

Yes, the reason for the leak is a fact and not what you said.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I just checked and I don't have any warning points, so I guess I can still say I live without warning 🤪

Anyways, as for Billie being the only one listed for the songwriting credits, idk how reliable that source is seeing as how there's no official release yet. I'm pretty sure Billie, Mike, and Tre all share songwriter credits for their albums when they release to the public so all 3 of them can collect royalties, and seeing as how this is a leak, no one is making royalties on this right now 

57 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

I just checked and I don't have any warning points, so I guess I can still say I live without warning 🤪

Anyways, as for Billie being the only one listed for the songwriting credits, idk how reliable that source is seeing as how there's no official release yet. I'm pretty sure Billie, Mike, and Tre all share songwriter credits for their albums when they release to the public so all 3 of them can collect royalties, and seeing as how this is a leak, no one is making royalties on this right now 

From what I gather, SESAC is the platform where artists register their music for licensing and copyright, so it's as official as it gets. Musicians register their music before release to protect the songs once they're out, so it's not strange that artists have more than one unreleased song in their database for years.

But in this case, it did seem a little weird to me that only Billie is credited... even if he did the demo on his own, it would make more sense to add the other members right away seeing as this is clearly intended as a Green Day song. But if they can edit the information later, that would also make sense, I'm just speculating seeing as we don't have much more haha

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

Nah, only the ones who don’t have enough respect or common decency to follow rules that keep this place from being shut down. 

Is that why the site went down that day and not because it was time to pay the bill?

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

Is that why the site went down that day and not because it was time to pay the bill?

I’m not sure why the site went down the other day. The bill was paid - but I’m not responsible for any of that stuff so that’s all I can tell you :P 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Nope 😊

11 hours ago, DanPak said:

(Think back to first 1972 teaser, that was 100% a finished master)

I don't think so...

• Like 3