1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Isnt pace junkie french?

"Sacre bleu!! This green day leak is better than a fresh baguette. Hon hon hon"

(Irony post)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, killjoywhatsername said:

427 pages in and I can’t tell what is true or not but I hope it is 

I just heard the 12 second snippet going around after an embarrassing amount of research and can say it’s without a doubt them. It does sound like Holiday but somehow different at the same time. Idk I liked the sound of it lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Why are you being a jerk? You need to accept the fact that there are things that you're just not going to know about. If the band wants things to be known, they will tell us.

I don’t care that someone got something I did. It’s the smug attitude and self-importance. Maybe I’d feel the same if I had the leak, idk. I just think some people have inflated egos. You and Jason have legit connections and are always so humble and transparent. Generally good people and down to earth when you realistically could brag more than anyone on here. Others here get a leak on accident and suddenly act like they’re in an elite club. Almost everyone with the leak has been kind and transparent. Only two on here I can think of that are acting like they were given knighthood. But I know that bragging means someone is insecure and usually has nothing good going on, so I’m happy those people finally have something.

• Like 2

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

You don’t know me at all and are not entitled to know what my connections are.

You don’t see how statements like this feed right into my “self-importance” argument?

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

You don’t see how statements like this feed right into my “self-importance” argument?

Just stating a fact

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I don’t care that someone got something I did. It’s the smug attitude and self-importance. Maybe I’d feel the same if I had the leak, idk. I just think some people have inflated egos. You and Jason have legit connections and are always so humble and transparent. Generally good people and down to earth when you realistically could brag more than anyone on here. Others here get a leak on accident and suddenly act like they’re in an elite club. Almost everyone with the leak has been kind and transparent. Only two on here I can think of that are acting like they were given knighthood. But I know that bragging means someone is insecure and usually has nothing good going on, so I’m happy those people finally have something.

I didn't feel like people were acting that way at all, but things can easily get misinterpreted on here seeing as how most of us have never met in person and sarcasm can get lost in translation at time

• Like 4

I've given my whole life, body and soul, to this band, that I love so much for over 30 years. I've always trusted and respected their wishes, knowing that when they tell me when something is going to happen, or something will be released, it's their decision not mine. 

But when some song gets out there against the band's wishes, when there's a relentless selfish pursuit of that song, imho that damages that trust and respect. And what if the band are upset and maybe angry over such a leak, shouldn't we be concerned? It makes me feel sad. If the band do not want us to hear the song, then that's good enough for me.

Maybe I don't want to be on here anymore.

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I think their statement was extremely reasonable 

• Like 4

Just now, Maddie86 said:

I didn't feel like people were acting that way at all, but things can easily get misinterpreted on here seeing as how most of us have never met in person and sarcasm can get lost in translation at time

Hey I’ve met pacejunkie in person!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Imagine accepting a leaked song you weren’t supposed to have, bragging about it on a forum, sharing info on the lyrics and melody, and then saying you’re “respecting the band.”

I'm still not seeing this "bragging" you keep banging on about. How about you grow up and stop starting drama over nothing

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'm still not seeing this "bragging" you keep banging on about. How about you grow up and stop starting drama over nothing

Ok let’s compromise. Accepting a leak you weren’t supposed to have isn’t respecting the band. Sharing details of the song isn’t respecting the band. So why is someone claiming that?

18 minutes ago, pcj said:

I've given my whole life, body and soul, to this band, that I love so much for over 30 years. I've always trusted and respected their wishes, knowing that when they tell me when something is going to happen, or something will be released, it's their decision not mine. 

But when some song gets out there against the band's wishes, when there's a relentless selfish pursuit of that song, imho that damages that trust and respect. And what if the band are upset and maybe angry over such a leak, shouldn't we be concerned? It makes me feel sad. If the band do not want us to hear the song, then that's good enough for me.

Maybe I don't want to be on here anymore.

Then fook off !!!

Christ , its a leak of one song for fucks sake. 

I’d say people have taken their dying breath with less needless melodrama..

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Get the fuck away from my thread

Let me think about it…No 😂🍻🍺

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

Its weird, i remember downloading the “first” play of “Minority” on napster in the year 2000 , the sheer excitement of it.

it had a radio audio watermark inserted if i recall correctly 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Its weird, i remember downloading the “first” play of “Minority” on napster in the year 2000 , the sheer excitement of it.

I remember the whole album on Napster before it was released but every version you would download had one the unknown tracks for Berkeley square instead of deadbeat holiday 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Back in 2016, I think Bang Bang also leaked about a day early. I remember the recording being very crappy

• Like 2

Did “Nimrod” leak ?

It might have been just before file sharing of new albums was a thing .

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Honest question...why is it self-important for somebody to want to keep who their friends are private? I don't have any celebrity friends and even I wouldn't want people drilling me about who I do and do not know. It's a basic privacy issue and has nothing to do with self-importance. 

That’s not the self-important part. Their sources should be private.