1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 hours ago, squinty bitch said:

I heard the snippet on Tumblr

Yeah that came up on my Tumblr too. My initial reaction was, as someone else said, it sounded vaguely like Holiday

• Like 1

I'm just trying to think of a logical time for them to release this album. Because next year, we got the Dookie 30th anniversary in February and the American Idiot 20th anniversary in September and they probably wouldn't want to overlap these releases with the new album. And you also have to factor in the time between releases. So far, the time between American Idiot and 21CB was the longest time we've had to wait for a new album (4 years, 7 months, 25 days). And after that, the waits for the Trilogy, RevRad, and FOAM were all less than 4 years in between. And Billie did mention back in late 2019 that he wanted to release music more frequently. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I'm just trying to think of a logical time for them to release this album. Because next year, we got the Dookie 30th anniversary in February and the American Idiot 20th anniversary in September and they probably wouldn't want to overlap these releases with the new album. And you also have to factor in the time between releases. So far, the time between American Idiot and 21CB was the longest time we've had to wait for a new album (4 years, 7 months, 25 days). And after that, the waits for the Trilogy, RevRad, and FOAM were all less than 4 years in between. And Billie did mention back in late 2019 that he wanted to release music more frequently. 

Maybe they aren't planning anything for those anniversaries? I was surprised they made such a big deal over nimrod. when they barely did anything for dookie or insomniac's 25th. Though at some point I would love them to release a properly mixed and mastered version of the dookie recording of 409 in Your Coffeemaker, and a brain-shaped 7" vinyl Brain Stew single like the CD from '96.

• Like 2

For the people who have heard the leak, how sure are you that it's not just Panicland back at it again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Major Pain said:

I'm not too fussed on hearing a snippet

As mush as I love GD, did you realise there is a band in your local area that also loves GD? Well, guess what? They have had GD as an influence to write their own music!

For those who are so desperate to hear new GD, may I offer a humble suggestion: go to a local gig, follow your local bands on social media, download their songs off Bandcamp

While they may not be Green Day, they are what GD were 30 years ago, playing material arterial inspired by their idols.. Their songs go for much longer than 11 seconds

Until then let's let's just wait until the new GD album is released so we can enjoy it just how it's intended.

• Like 4

Random but remember after foam and before money money part 2 there was a fake leak (that Billie mentioned on his Instagram.?) Lmfao I remember calling it fake and even the hardest green day fans were saying shit like "IVE LISTENED TO THIS BAND FOR 30 YEARS I CAN RECOGNIZE BILLIES VOICE ANYWHERE!!" lmao .  (the same people who say they have the full song lmfao)

off topic, the snippet is genuine for sure but I like to feel vindictive sometimes 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doggins said:

I'm not too fussed on hearing a snippet

As mush as I love GD, did you realise there is a band in your local area that also loves GD? Well, guess what? They have had GD as an influence to write their own music!

For those who are so desperate to hear new GD, may I offer a humble suggestion: go to a local gig, follow your local bands on social media, download their songs off Bandcamp

While they may not be Green Day, they are what GD were 30 years ago, playing material arterial inspired by their idols.. Their songs go for much longer than 11 seconds

Until then let's let's just wait until the new GD album is released so we can enjoy it just how it's intended.

And maybe they will play a cover of One Eyed Bastard? Woohoo!

1 hour ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

What if its AI generated? 

It's been confirmed it's them. Crush Management literally got hacked. Green Day isn't the only artist to have been leaked with Crush.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's been confirmed it's them. Crush Management literally got hacked. Green Day isn't the only artist to have been leaked with Crush.

What other artists were involved?

4 hours ago, ThranaM said:

GD fans since 2019:  👏

Green Day: 👏  👏  👏  👏  👏  👏  👏  👏  👏 👏 👏  👏 

Green Day: 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, ThranaM said:

GD fans since 2019:  👏

Green Day: 👏  👏  👏  👏  👏  👏  👏  👏  👏 👏 👏  👏 

THIS! Finally listened to the snippet and yeah, maybe it's just me, but somehow it's too handclappy for me to make me think of American Idiot or even 21 BreakDown. I know handclaps were used on 21BreakDown too, but idk just gives me different vibes. Not bad, but not on the same level as 21CB and certainly not AI, in my humble opinion. 

Why is it also that most rock and metal bands have ruined the sound of their drums in the last 10-20 years? Seriously, both in live recordings and in the studio. The processing and sometimes samples they use just suck. It's not compression itself as American Idiot's drums were compressed as hell (analog through the tape recording) but they still sounded crips and heavy. 21CB drums left quite a bit to be desired, but were still ok. 

As far as I'm concerned, most drums on songs by rock and metal bands today just sound thin, plastic and just, well, fake tbh. And Green Day is no longer an exception. But why do they do it? 

Хентыднинг ер, гå тил Тумблр ог сøг ефтер Греен Даы еллер стглориа огсå хвис нøдвендигт.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, M1KEY said:

Maybe they aren't planning anything for those anniversaries? I was surprised they made such a big deal over nimrod. when they barely did anything for dookie or insomniac's 25th. 

My guess with that is that they just had a lot more leftover material from the Nimrod sessions than they had for either Dookie or Insomniac. So then it was easier to release an anniversary edition. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

My guess with that is that they just had a lot more leftover material from the Nimrod sessions than they had for either Dookie or Insomniac. So then it was easier to release an anniversary edition. 

This tracks. Nimrod could have been a double LP with all the material they had

I can't see Dookie not getting any kind of rerelease for its 30th, considering how big of an album it is for the band. Even if there aren't any unheard songs from that era, there are absolutely demos and stuff that weren't officially released. The Dookie tracks might also benefit from being remastered, if done properly. Why it wasn't done for its 25th, I couldn't tell you.

I'm sure there is nothing to this (absolutely zero evidence) but figured I'd link to it anyway. Reckless speculation 😬

• Surprised 1

2 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I'm sure there is nothing to this (absolutely zero evidence) but figured I'd link to it anyway...

Surely we would know something? Or at least someone here,,, I don't know, it doesn't seem very real

5 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I'm sure there is nothing to this (absolutely zero evidence) but figured I'd link to it anyway. Reckless speculation 😬

1 minute ago, StaryedHeart said:

Surely we would know something? Or at least someone here,,, I don't know, it doesn't seem very real

Does anyone know what radio stations said this?

427 pages in and I can’t tell what is true or not but I hope it is 

Don't put too much faith in that. All in all, it's a pretty vague post.