1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I don't understand how a full song leaked and nobody even mentioned it on a public GD forum like GDC or the Green Day subreddit.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Macys said:

If they claim to have a leak  for no reason yet they are not willing to share it through DM's the logical conclusion is they don't have it. 

it's fun watching you try soooooooooo hard to get your ears on the leak. valiant effort.

• Like 1

Okay, is anyone going to share the damn thing with us mortals or not? It's 2023, not 2003 for god's sake.

• Like 2

The only part I find hard to believe is green day making a better than mediocre song in 2020s. That said I didn’t get to hear the whole thing so I’m holding back with an opinion

6 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

think holiday, east jesus nowhere and say goodbye with a dash of p!nk and iggy pop

This. Which to me is a good thing. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Really pathetic of the people on here to pretend they heard leaks to sound special. Jeez people.

i get it. i was upset until i heard it for myself as well. give it time.

5 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

This. Which to me is a good thing. 

I think Say Goodbye is the closest in sound and style, with even heavier guitars and a cool riff.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

I think Say Goodbye is the closest in sound and style, with even heavier guitars and a cool riff.

I like to say it’s in the same world as that and EJN. 

• Like 2

We should start a new thing on GDC.   Leaks are okay if we donate to keep the site up and running.  

I'm going to Mario the poop out of this leak and make like a leaf and punch it.  I mean, biffy C or whatever.  

East Jesus Nowhere, (groans in misery).   I'd prefer Misery vibes.  But P!nk and Iggy Pop?   Okay, okay.  

Yeah.  Oh.  Yeah.

• Haha 1

So to those of you who heard this leaked song, what was the production like? Did it sound fully mixed? Did the production style sound similar to FOAM? You should be able to tell from the sound of the snare. What were the lyrics like? Was there a line about coke? 😂

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Maddie86 said:

So to those of you who heard this leaked song, what was the production like? Did it sound fully mixed? Did the production style sound similar to FOAM? You should be able to tell from the sound of the snare. What were the lyrics like? Was there a line about coke? 😂

It’s much fatter than foam’s mix. Fat guitars and vocals and punchy thick drums 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

Be aware it is a demo but sounds as good as Billie’s typical full band demos. No coke in the lyrics. Angry and heavy sound.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Be aware it is a demo but sounds as good as Billie’s typical full band demos. No coke in the lyrics. Angry and heavy sound.

I’d say it totally overshadows his normal demos, way more post production to it than say longshot or nfm

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You think it's a demo? I wouldn't say that. Sounds like a proper studio recording fully mixed to me. The sound is pretty massive. Agreed much fatter than FOAM, doesn't sound like Shock or Pollyanna.

If you're right about it being a demo I'd love to hear the evolution of it from then to a final track produced by Cavallo. Listening to it I keep wanting some of the verse vocals to make a reappearance as backing vocals near the end.

• Like 1

What’s the reason it can’t be shared via DM?

• Like 2

^^That's what I'd like to know. It actually insults me as a biggest fan, not to have this. C'mon, be righteous to your brothers and sisters, someone please share it in PM!!

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

What’s the reason it can’t be shared via DM?

No one wants to be responsible for an actual leak in case grampa Billie gets mad and sends a lawyer

• Like 2

Did this demo sound like anything we heard in the teasers? I’m shocked nobody even talked about it here when it happened!!!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

No one wants to be responsible for an actual leak in case grampa Billie gets mad and sends a lawyer

And we all almost got banned for sharing that early FOAM rip!!! What was the name of the song?

• Like 1

Does anyone other than Billie sing?  Even backing vocals count.

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

And we all almost got banned for sharing that early FOAM rip!!!

We were fine. Y’all were just chicken :lol:

This sounds so cringe that I’m straight up gonna believe it

• Haha 4

No Saviors. Intern just ruined his career if this is real.

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

Also no leak-song unless they renamed it

Jason said the song that leaked is an early demo version and has changed for Album 14. He also said don’t ask for it or you could get in legal trouble lol.

• Like 3