1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Dear Green Day insiders,

I would like two (or three) free copies of Green Day 14.   Why?  Because of my jolly and positive demeanor through this entire ordeal.  ;)

Also, can I invest in Green Day stocks?  Anyway, back to Psycho Savior 1772 talk.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Exactly, and in the interest of all that is right and proper, let us quickly reframe of what is actually happening here:

1) Alf has consciously dropped the hint Saviors, nothing more, nothing else.

2) There is this faceless online person (who clearly does not respect the privacy of other people) who is alledging without proof, as this hypothetical proof would NOT be ok to share anyway, that Alf has claimed it is the album's title. 

3) Alf has neither confirmed, nor denied this. So that he has "denied" anything is a lie. And quite honestly, he doesn't need to respond to this nonsense anyway. 

The end. 

THIS! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Whatever they filmed with Lee Kirk and those kid actors means money must have been already put into the project around that post I doubt they dropped everything and started over it would be a waste if f money…whenever this album comes out and our documentary I just hope it gets proper attention through marketing 

• Like 3

I guess it makes sense that the person who's an insider and is mind fucking with us has Barney as profile picture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

where there's smoke there's fire ... or unconfirmed / not-set-in-stone news ... or trolls :D

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mato said:

I still hope that the modern approach of releasing single(s) 6 months+ before the album won't be applied here.

As much as I crave for new era and music, I want the old days back where you had a Rolling Stone article (on paper) - a journalist, a real insider who actually heard some songs and got to sit down with the band and talk about it, then tracklist and artwork, and a single released maybe a month before the record, along with official announcement of everything.

The alternative would be the trilogy approach with lots of short studio videos, which were awesome.

That's how you hype fans for their favorite band's comeback, not this shit.

The pirate radio thing they did for 21stCB was pretty cool. As well as the studio teasers they were releasing.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Billie can do vocal training if he wants, but I know a better solution.  Mike and Tre have vocal chords.  We'd like to explore them like Lady Cobra rapped on the magnum opus, Nightlife. Okay, bad sex. I mean, bad analogy.   If Green Day adds Jason as a fourth member again, and they all take turns singing, the longevity of the band will put far less strain on Billie.  I say make the backing band members official members and have at least Mike and Jason singing some songs.  12 song album? Billie sings 8, Jason 2 and Mike 2.   Something like that. 

One thousand nine hundred seventy two Saviors has not dropped in my territory yet.  But I've still gotta do a quick VPN scan of the outer islands.  Who knows what's going on further out on this flat earth we live on. 

Moral question.  Do you ever not react to something on here because you want to win the day?  Or even worse, have you considered saying something that has already been said because it got a great reaction? I haven't been tempted to copy someone's post, but if I'm being real, I have thought twice about a reaction.   Anyone else want to confess?  

American Idiot has made moving forward so difficult for this band.  Every album cycle has been sabotaged by these expectations set forth on it.  We all say these things:  Breakdown - bigger, louder, crazier but not as good.  Trilogy - way bigger but not as good.  Rev Rad - trying to replicate it again, but not as good. Foam - using the album cover, but not as good.  

I hope that despite the idiotisms in the teasers, that we get away from that criticism this time around.  

But what do I know, I think FOAM is a better listen than Dookie. 😄 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mato said:

I guess it makes sense that the person who's an insider and is mind fucking with us has Barney as profile picture.

The new album is gonna be LEGEN... wait for It... DARY

• Like 4

People’s attitudes are really off putting, if the band was comfortable with everyone knowing more they would tell us. To be honest if someone gave me info about new Green Day music and told me not to tell anyone the last place I would go is here.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

People’s attitudes are really off putting, if the band was comfortable with everyone knowing more they would tell us. To be honest if someone gave me info about new Green Day music and told me not to tell anyone the last place I would go is here.

Where would you go with this information first?  😀

• Haha 2

I'll say it again, with everything going on right now, I seriously find it hard to believe we'd have to wait until next year!!!! Something seriously HAS to be coming soon!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Oups. My friend didn't told me to say it. And he didn't told me to not say it. He just told me.

And I went STRAIGHT HERE to told you guys because I LOVE YOU.

ps: Walking Dead trailer dropping tomorrow... A hint? 😂

And I do appreciate it very much!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I'll say it again, with everything going on right now, I seriously find it hard to believe we'd have to wait until next year!!!! Something seriously HAS to be coming soon!!!

Not necessarily. This may not have been an “official” intentional leak

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

I just hope the interviewers tackle many of our questions here. “You started teasing this album at the end of 2021 and all throughout 2022. It’s now February 2024, so what happened? Why was it delayed this long?”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I just hope the interviewers tackle many of our questions here. “You started teasing this album at the end of 2021 and all throughout 2022. It’s now February 2024, so what happened? Why was it delayed this long?”

Because we are Saviors and do what we want!

• Like 1