1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They're still making posts promoting Nimrod, they have a festival this month I don't think they're ready to pivot to the next thing until after all that. Still betting on March. They have to be touring this summer.

Although they recognized Dookie's 29th anniversary the other day. I was hoping maybe that was a sign they were moving on from Nimrod

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand... Because the band's twitter page (and maybe some of their other social media pages) posted Happy 29th Birthday to Dookie, you think that's a sign they're moving on from Nimrod 25 and supposedly means they're closer to announcing the new album? Cause if that's what you mean, then that's quite the reach

Honestly I think it's pure cope if you guys are expecting the album by June

Agreed, I don’t expect a tour this summer either. (feel free to read that I’ll struggle to fit in much more) 😁

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand... Because the band's twitter page (and maybe some of their other social media pages) posted Happy 29th Birthday to Dookie, you think that's a sign they're moving on from Nimrod 25 and supposedly means they're closer to announcing the new album? Cause if that's what you mean, then that's quite the reach

Honestly I think it's pure cope if you guys are expecting the album by June

You are right of course. Your being realistic. 

With no more teases since August last year, we were asking for an update, some news at least. 

Then we got it on Jan 10, supposedly inside info,  that the band are in the middle of recording. News yes, but maybe not what we wanted to hear. 

What does "in the middle of recording" actually mean? Are all songs choosen and just need to be recorded. Or not decided  yet, or maybe need work. So many points to consider in recording a record to speculate on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pcj said:

You are right of course. Your being realistic. 

With no more teases since August last year, we were asking for an update, some news at least. 

Then we got it on Jan 10, supposedly inside info,  that the band are in the middle of recording. News yes, but maybe not what we wanted to hear. 

What does "in the middle of recording" actually mean? Are all songs choosen and just need to be recorded. Or not decided  yet, or maybe need work. So many points to consider in recording a record to speculate on.

Yeah, even if the album is completely finished, that doesn't even mean the album is gonna come out within the next couple months. It could be months before we get a single, even if we do get a single in the next week (we won't), there could be a 4-5 month gap between lead single and album release

• Like 1

I read that Linkin Park took a photoshop for „Meteora“ back in october 2002. The album was released in march 2003. Maybe they‘re further in the promo phase then we think. But yes, it‘s all speculation. We will see in the next months

• Like 2

21st Century Breakdown songs, but recorded in the style of Warning.   And a poop ton of handclaps. 

And some Queen covers.

With Mike singing he's in love with a Trans Am.  I mean car. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think we must embrace the idea that we won't get anything by the first half of the year. Probably they announce a late summer or fall tour of course with a first single under the sleeve. But I'm being so optimistic though. Idk why I got this feeling that they delayed it to late year or early 2024.

• Like 4

I would really hope that they fill in their summer tour schedule around the 3 festivals already planned for 2023. Wouldn't that make sense?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nflsbest26 said:

I would really hope that they fill in their summer tour schedule around the 3 festivals already planned for 2023. Wouldn't that make sense?

Yes it would 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Agreed, I don’t expect a tour this summer either. (feel free to read that I’ll struggle to fit in much more) 😁

1 hour ago, BratReject23 said:

I think we must embrace the idea that we won't get anything by the first half of the year. Probably they announce a late summer or fall tour of course with a first single under the sleeve. But I'm being so optimistic though. Idk why I got this feeling that they delayed it to late year or early 2024.

1 hour ago, nflsbest26 said:

Didn’t we find out a few months ago that they were already booking venues?

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

20 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Didn’t we find out a few months ago that they were already booking venues?

I remember that too

• Like 2

If they don't tour for this album until fall/winter, they'll definitely be back in arenas instead of stadiums.  Can't play Wrigley in December.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

If they don't tour for this album until fall/winter, they'll definitely be back in arenas instead of stadiums.  Can't play Wrigley in December.

They do have the Harley Davidson show in July

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

It was 'in the middle of working on it', not in the middle of recording. As I've said previously I think it's fair to assume that the album is mostly done hence seeing CLA in the teasers, but they're still working on the record as in prepping for a promotional cycle, music videos, etc. and as some others have speculated also probably just taking a bit of a break before they have to start the Green Day machine back up again.

I strongly believe the album from a recording, mixing and mastering standpoint is finished though.

Remember when we saw that photo of the guys with those kid actors? What if it’s not for a movie. but a music video featuring a flashback to their childhoods?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Remember when we saw that photo of the guys with those kid actors? What if it’s not for a movie. but a music video featuring a flashback to their childhoods?

I still think it’s possible that 1972 could be referring to the film they are rumoured to be working on if it’s their story and those young actors could be part of that.  Or they could just have decided to use 1972 for the year ti celebrate their birthdays.

• Like 3

So I got a question for you guys. In what ways would you like to see the band experiment or change up some things? Obviously FOAMF was an attempt at that, although panned by us fans. What do you guys think the band should do to evolve at this point in their career, while still keeping to their soul

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

So I got a question for you guys. In what ways would you like to see the band experiment or change up some things? Obviously FOAMF was an attempt at that, although panned by us fans. What do you guys think the band should do to evolve at this point in their career, while still keeping to their soul

They haven’t really done a metal inspired album yet and with the teasers and the Kiss cover and the Motley Crue song the Coverups just did and with Van Weezer something tells me they’re headed that way. This may be Green Day’s Maladroit.

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They haven’t really done a metal inspired album yet and with the teasers and the Kiss cover and the Motley Crue song the Coverups just did and with Van Weezer something tells me they’re headed that way. This may be Green Day’s Maladroit.

I mean, the teasers haven't hinted at anything metal. With Rob Cavallo back as producer, and CLA as mixer, this will no doubt be a return to form!! We're in for something EPIC!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Id like the album to have a more mature sound for once, kind of in the vein of the acoustic teaser we got and along a similar style to ‘Somewhere Now’ but with more thought out lyrics, along with a few nostalgia trips along the way to celebrate their career so far.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Some interesting and relevant points so far. But from the teasers and past albums, imho I'm convinced the next album will follow on in the vain of RevRad, songs like Bang, Bang.

• Like 3