1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Wasn't Tré on crutches when recording 21CB too? Sure I remember seeing photos of him in the studio with them

I don't remember that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How long has it been since we got our last official tease?

I think it was August 16, 2022, tease 10?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, pcj said:

I think it was August 16, 2022, tease 10?

Is it significant that they teased this project pretty regularly from December 2021 to August 2022 and then effectively stopped? Like what happened then? Was that when there was some other change to the project that knocked it off schedule? Because it’s been nearly six months now with no official tease.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Why do I check this thread so much? Ugh.

Coz you can't keep away. Wondering if you've missed anything. The excitement of the topic, the adrenaline rush, every time you come on here. It's like a drug, you need that next fix. You've just gotta come back in here. Go on, admit you love it. 😁

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Is it significant that they teased this project pretty regularly from December 2021 to August 2022 and then effectively stopped? Like what happened then? Was that when there was some other change to the project that knocked it off schedule? Because it’s been nearly six months now with no official tease.

It's been said before that the band will decide what and when it will happen it's up to them.

But, this has never happened before. This is so unlike them. I can only think something has happened to derail their plans. That's all I can think of, I've no proof of course.

23 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

20 minutes ago, pcj said:

It's been said before that the band will decide what and when it will happen it's up to them.

But, this has never happened before. This is so unlike them. I can only think something has happened to derail their plans. That's all I can think of, I've no proof of course

They also gave us this update in November where they mentioned touring and recording their record in London and LA

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRssfK8R/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

They also gave us this update in November where they mentioned touring and recording their record in London and LA

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRssfK8R/

I know it’s been hinted at in other ways since (like Billie’s 1972 vest) but I was talking about the intentional posts hyping their next project, not just the stuff we see clues in. So that stopped last August (maybe to coincide with when they finished the main studio phase?)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Someone here mentioned they finished recording and the album is now in the mixing or something. Plus Tre‘s leg could be a reason they stopped teasing because they don‘t know when to start promoting the album, photoshoot etc. 
But then look at Fall Out Boy: the album comes out of nowhere (in march) and they announced their summer tour yesterday. 
Lets see whats coming the next weeks

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Someone here mentioned they finished recording and the album is now in the mixing or something. Plus Tre‘s leg could be a reason they stopped teasing because they don‘t know when to start promoting the album, photoshoot etc. 
But then look at Fall Out Boy: the album comes out of nowhere (in march) and they announced their summer tour yesterday. 
Lets see whats coming the next weeks

I thought it was implied they were already in the mixing stage when they revealed they were working with CLA

• Like 1

Such a bummer seeing so many big-name artists announcing summer tours (i.e. Fall out boy, beyonce, Lil wayne, etc) and nothing yet from our beloved Green day 😕

• Sad 1

Has anyone considered the fact that maybe they were dissatisfied with the final product and are taking time to either re-record the album (or at least some songs), or maybe scrapping it entirely for something new?

Wouldn't be the first time they did that and it worked out to their advantage. Everyone should just assume that now that Rob is back the wait might be worth it.

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

27 minutes ago, WhereIsYourGraceland said:

Has anyone considered the fact that maybe they were dissatisfied with the final product and are taking time to either re-record the album (or at least some songs), or maybe scrapping it entirely for something new?

Wouldn't be the first time they did that and it worked out to their advantage. Everyone should just assume that now that Rob is back the wait might be worth it.

I think what happened was, since they first went to London without Mike, maybe they wanted to re-record everything they did out there when they could be in the same room together, then they decided to just make a longer album from there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I think what happened was, since they first went to London without Mike, maybe they wanted to re-record everything they did out there when they could be in the same room together, then they decided to just make a longer album from there. 

They knew Mike wasn't going to be there and they went ahead and recorded there anyway. I think he contributed his part remotely (he was in Austin at the time and there is a studio there they've used before).  Outside studio time is too expensive to just scrap and redo it, I think those songs were fine but they maybe pivoted from an EP to a full album and finished the project in LA.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They knew Mike wasn't going to be there and they went ahead and recorded there anyway. I think he contributed his part remotely (he was in Austin at the time and there is a studio there they've used before).  Outside studio time is too expensive to just scrap and redo it, I think those songs were fine but they maybe pivoted from an EP to a full album and finished the project in LA.

They also went back to London when Mike was able to

• Like 2

Maybe the band have been covering a ton of 1972 songs and will release a ton of them along with the next album as a sign of appreciation for the waiting.

OR....70s production on all the FOAM songs...  how about it?