1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I've been locked out of the forum since before Christmas because of the mobile log in problem. Did I miss anything? Being lazy not wanting to read all I've missed! 

Lol no

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I've been locked out of the forum since before Christmas because of the mobile log in problem. Did I miss anything? Being lazy not wanting to read all I've missed! 

I will copy and paste all the pages you missed right here in one massive blob....well, I would but I am also lazy bones. 😉

I guess the only thing of note was we heard they were possibly still recording.    

• Haha 2

However long this takes I cannot wait for a beautifully recorded and produced Green Day album again. No way I'm listening to it on headphones on release, my studio monitors are getting turned up as loud as they go.

I was rewatching Heart Like A Handgrenade (again) and I was thinking about how  John Roecker said he still said some 400 hours of leftover footage from those sessions - with all the AI references in those teasers I wonder if any of this might surface during the promotion here, particularly in a scenario where some of you are right and we do end up with a documentary accompanying this record as well. 🤔

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

However long this takes I cannot wait for a beautifully recorded and produced Green Day album again. No way I'm listening to it on headphones on release, my studio monitors are getting turned up as loud as they go.

I was rewatching Heart Like A Handgrenade (again) and I was thinking about how  John Roecker said he still said some 400 hours of leftover footage from those sessions - with all the AI references in those teasers I wonder if any of this might surface during the promotion here, particularly in a scenario where some of you are right and we do end up with a documentary accompanying this record as well. 🤔

I wonder if they'll release extended footage of that in a 3 part miniseries just like The Beatles Get Back

28 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

All that raw footage belongs to John and it doesn’t seem like he has any relationship with the band these days. I don’t think he’s motivated to go through all that stuff anyway.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

All that raw footage belongs to John and it doesn’t seem like he has any relationship with the band these days. I don’t think he’s motivated to go through all that stuff anyway.  

Did he have a falling out with the band?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’ve seen him say the opposite that it belonged to Warner 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Did he have a falling out with the band?

I know he was not happy with them touring during Covid, saying things like "how much money do they NEED?"

But with all the Amiercan Idiot-esque buzz around 1972, it would be cool to see him return to the fold.   

13 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

he said if he published anything he would be sued by Warner.

Tré broke his leg and has a support brace on his leg and walks with a stick atm so we probably won't be getting the album anytime soon 

9 minutes ago, Major Kusanagi said:

Tré broke his leg and has a support brace on his leg and walks with a stick atm so we probably won't be getting the album anytime soon 

Did he finally address what happened?

24 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

The album has been recorded. This doesn't matter.

What it does potentially impact is the band's show at the Innings Festival at the end of February.

Has he officially confirmed what happened to his leg? I haven't heard anything other than what we're speculating

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

This has been known

Not true. There was speculation that they were maybe still touching things up or re-recording in the studio.

Page 300 has come and passed
The threads can never last
Wake me up when speculation ends

Like my theories come true at last 
oh the year ain't going so fast 
Wake me up when speculation ends

Here comes tiktoks again
Posted from the stars
Sloggging in our wait again
Becoming who are bored

As our drummers rests
But never forgets the high hats

Page 301 has come and passed

Ring out the tease again
Like we did in pre-winter

Here comes tiktoks again
Posted from the stars
Slogging in our wait again
Becoming who are bored

As our drummers rests

Page 500 has come and passed

Like 2022 come to pass
5 years has gone so fast

• Like 3
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Page 300 has come and passed

Like my theories come true at last 
oh the year ain't going so fast 

Here comes tiktoks again
Posted from the stars
Sloggging in our wait again
Becoming who are bored

As our drummers rests

Page 301 has come and passed

Ring out the tease again
Like we did in pre-winter

Here comes tiktoks again
Posted from the stars
Slogging in our wait again
Becoming who are bored

As our drummers rests

Page 500 has come and passed

Like 2022 come to pass
5 years has gone so fast

Amazing lyrics. You've got competition Billie Joe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Major Kusanagi said:

Do you actually know that somehow or is it an assumption?

• Like 1

The brace on Tre's leg could be a result of planned surgery as well. He had a problem with his knee in the past (I think it was the right one, but whatever, we never know everything)

12 hours ago, JellyTime said:

The brace on Tre's leg could be a result of planned surgery as well. He had a problem with his knee in the past (I think it was the right one, but whatever, we never know everything)

That was back in 2002, when he dislocated his knee. Not sure which leg though. He had an operation and was six months recuperating. But I thought that was well sorted now.

Scanned most GD related sites and can't find any confirmation. Then it's something you just don't want to advertise. I mean there are things in your life you just want to keep private. Whatever the problem, you take care of yourself Tre. See you very soon, giving those drums some stick, and maybe trashing them again. x 😄

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pcj said:

That was back in 2002, when he dislocated his knee. Not sure which leg though. He had an operation and was six months recuperating. But I thought that was well sorted now.

Scanned most GD related sites and can't find any confirmation. Then it's something you just don't want to advertise. I mean there are things in your life you just want to keep private. Whatever the problem, you take care of yourself Tre. See you very soon, giving those drums some stick, and maybe trashing them again. x 😄

I’m hoping it doesn’t affect their 1972 plans, whenever the tour is supposed to start. And the Innings Festival in February

• Like 2

Wasn't Tré on crutches when recording 21CB too? Sure I remember seeing photos of him in the studio with them