1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Not much longer, I’d say it’ll be the same kind of promotion as Insomniac 25 and Live at the BBC. 

And the first 1972 teaser came a week after the BBC album!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

And the first 1972 teaser came a week after the BBC album!!!

Kevin has something on his IG stories about "manifesting justice for rev rad 2023" in one month and five days? Anyone knows what that might be referring too?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Kevin has something on his IG stories about "manifesting justice for rev rad" in one month and five days? Anyone knows what that might be referring too?

Weird, can you link it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Weird, can you link it

He reposted an old story of a fan from the FOAM release party in 2020 I think. The countdown isn‘t working

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

No I don’t think it means anything

Don't tell GreenDayFan that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Whoever that was, she deleted her story

It's still on Kevin's IG story

Rancid haven't put out an album since 2017. 

That would put GD14 out around 2026.  

Gosh Poop It.

People here talking nonsense regarding Dugan’s mixes. Often the mixer is given a brief and told how they want the song to sound sonically by the artist. For the Longshot, it was never going to sound all big and wide like a Green Day record, because then it would be exactly that. It needed to sound dirtier and raw, plus Billie was on drums. To question his mixing ability is a bit disrespectful, if you listen to Foreverly, the latest Weezer record and the Alanis record, you can hear that he’s top class at what he does. 
If he was given the opportunity to mix a Green Day record, and they wanted it sound like a Lord Alge mix, I’m sure he could match it if given the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Westerberg89 said:

People here talking nonsense regarding Dugan’s mixes. Often the mixer is given a brief and told how they want the song to sound sonically by the artist. For the Longshot, it was never going to sound all big and wide like a Green Day record, because then it would be exactly that. It needed to sound dirtier and raw, plus Billie was on drums. To question his mixing ability is a bit disrespectful, if you listen to Foreverly, the latest Weezer record and the Alanis record, you can hear that he’s top class at what he does. 
If he was given the opportunity to mix a Green Day record, and they wanted it sound like a Lord Alge mix, I’m sure he could match it if given the time.

And plus he’s been the engineer on a lot of their records while CLA mixed, so he definitely knows what he’s doing and does his homework!

• Like 2

Exact same length as Idiot, exact same personal back to front.   and now for some stupid guesses.  

Green Day: BORN DAYS

1. Born Day

2.Hamlet

3. That Party Song

4. Walk Sad

5. Jungle Rain

6.  The Name's Tear 

7. Out Back, Lost, Found

8.  Smile 

9.  Frown

10.  Note From Editor

11. London Levy 

12.  Hamlet Breathes

13.  Now 

18 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

The FOAM next album anticipation threads were combined a total of exactly 620 pages. 
I guess we need to get to 720 pages to have single and record announcement. 

you keep bringing up that stupid album in all of your posts. Are you Billie himself?

12 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Kevin has something on his IG stories about "manifesting justice for rev rad 2023" in one month and five days? Anyone knows what that might be referring too?

It refers to the fact that my friend who posted this story and me are going to see Green Day in a month and we want to hear RevRad songs :lol: Sorry guys, nothing behind it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, That Dude said:

Rancid haven't put out an album since 2017. 

That would put GD14 out around 2026.  

Gosh Poop It.

system of a down fans: 😅

cb8eff47b8d7b0d780a91a843e4faaad.gif

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

system of a down fans: 😅

cb8eff47b8d7b0d780a91a843e4faaad.gif

:(

They are near Green Day level for me.   While I don't like that Daron essentially did a hostile takeover of the band, he did indeed write insanely great music.  

imagine if Mike Dirnt hijacked creative control of Green Day, but everything got waaaay better.....but Billie was mad and wouldn't record new music. 

haha 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, That Dude said:

:(

They are near Green Day level for me.   While I don't like that Daron essentially did a hostile takeover of the band, he did indeed write insanely great music.  

imagine if Mike Dirnt hijacked creative control of Green Day, but everything got waaaay better.....but Billie was mad and wouldn't record new music. 

haha 

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I was under the impression Serj was more interested in his solo career and didn't really care for System's more hard-hitting approach. Either way, I wish they could put their differences aside- those guys made great music together.

If Mike Dirnt took over Green Day, they'd have at least one more Network album under their studded belts

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I was under the impression Serj was more interested in his solo career and didn't really care for System's more hard-hitting approach. Either way, I wish they could put their differences aside- those guys made great music together.

If Mike Dirnt took over Green Day, they'd have at least one more Network album under their studded belts

The topic of this thread won't be here until 2027 so it's fine,  😆 .

It is a combination of things, I'm sure.  The big one is that they can't agree on how to write songs, which is kind of dumb.

You think Mike sounds like the Network? Interesting.  

Fingers crossed we get a Dirnt song on 1972.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JellyTime said:

It refers to the fact that my friend who posted this story and me are going to see Green Day in a month and we want to hear RevRad songs :lol: Sorry guys, nothing behind it. 

Haha my bad. Looking for any kind of info at this point. Have fun!! 🤘

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Macys said:

you keep bringing up that stupid album in all of your posts. Are you Billie himself?

Nah I’m just his plumber. 

Spoiler

Foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam foam 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Haha my bad. Looking for any kind of info at this point. Have fun!! 🤘

Don’t worry, it’s 2023 and we’re all hungry for some news!

44 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do you guys think we're closer to an announcement now that we have some "new" material?

I think they're probably just gonna be busy throughout 2023, regardless of whether the album comes out this year or early 2024. With Nimrod Anniversary edition, festivals, finishing off the album, pre-album promotion etc. I doubt this short audio clip has anything to do with the album or the announcement

• Like 2