1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

25 minutes ago, Mato said:

God, just please no songs featuring other artists, trap beats or a self titled album name trend and I'll be the happiest Green Day fan 🙏

I don’t think self titled albums are trending any harder than they have over the past 50 years 

43 minutes ago, Mato said:

God, just please no songs featuring other artists, trap beats or a self titled album name trend and I'll be the happiest Green Day fan 🙏

16 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

I don’t think self titled albums are trending any harder than they have over the past 50 years 

I think the Trilogy was technically self titled. I read that the original plan was to call them Green Day I, II, and III. Then 80 suggested, “You know what would be funny? If you called them Uno, Dos, and Tré!”

15 minutes ago, Major Kusanagi said:

absolutely NO cringe marketing this time 

that foam billboard still pisses me off to this day 

Are you talking about this one?

https://www.youredm.com/2020/02/09/green-day-no-trap-beats-billboard/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i dont think they will promote their nimrod "re-"release too long, maybe a very few weeks and then they move on, money is made with pre-order stuff and the time during release

they had plans to tour eu/uk at the end of 2022, but because of the pandemic (=travel/logistics/booking venues/selling enough tickets etc) it seems like it was not possible

They toured EU and Uk in June 2022.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Yeah I'm not talking about artist naming their debut album self titled (which has been going on since the 60s, or even earlier). I'm talking about the self titled album trend that a lot of already known and established artists started doing, especially during 2010s, like Evanescence, AFI, Paramore, Avril Lavigne, Ryan Adams, just to name a few.

4 hours ago, Mato said:

I'm not expecting any trap beats. But I don't see a problem with features if they're good artists who work well with Green Day

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'm not expecting any trap beats. But I don't see a problem with features if they're good artists who work well with Green Day

I'm surprised we didn't get a Green Day, Weezer, and Fall Out Boy supergroup single during the Hella Mega era.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JAS0N said:

It doesn’t make sense because your misreading what I said. Billie made mention of the EP of leftover songs which was obviously scrapped. Walker said he was heading to the studio soon to work on the new GD album which obviously didn’t happen and they did move on to bring back Cavallo to work on the new album. I never said I thought they were recording old foam songs in the studio and don’t know how saying they “moved on from those songs” would lead you to think that.

I’m still confused. But it’s ok! We’ll get music when we get music.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, jengd said:

They toured EU and Uk in June 2022.

that was hellamega, an additional tour in eu/uk was on their mind for the end of 2022

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

I’m still confused. But it’s ok! We’ll get music when we get music.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/music/butch-walker-producing-new-records-watching-the-office-during-coronavirus-time/91uQeEBk7WEVHNykpuefZP/

"I wish I could say it’s downtime! I’m actually still working. I do a lot of records by myself, and I’m finishing up (producing) three records, so it’s taking most of my time – a Wallflowers record, the new Jewel and Matt Nathanson. And I’m getting ready to start another Green Day record (Walker co-produced the band’s current “Father of All…”). I’m working in isolation, which is cathartic, anyway." 

I think that this is what he is referring too and thank god it never happened haha.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cunt said:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/music/butch-walker-producing-new-records-watching-the-office-during-coronavirus-time/91uQeEBk7WEVHNykpuefZP/

"I wish I could say it’s downtime! I’m actually still working. I do a lot of records by myself, and I’m finishing up (producing) three records, so it’s taking most of my time – a Wallflowers record, the new Jewel and Matt Nathanson. And I’m getting ready to start another Green Day record (Walker co-produced the band’s current “Father of All…”). I’m working in isolation, which is cathartic, anyway." 

I think that this is what he is referring too and thank god it never happened haha.

He could've been talking about The Network's Money Money 2020 Part 2 and mistakenly thought it was going to be a Green Day record

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

He could've been talking about The Network's Money Money 2020 Part 2 and mistakenly thought it was going to be a Green Day record

That's kinda how I read it retrospectively, yeah

• Like 1

1 minute ago, localinsomniac said:

That's kinda how I read it retrospectively, yeah

Plus that also fed into our expectations for another Green Day album when we all fell for the infamous MOOTIK thing!!!! 😆

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Butch wasn’t involved with the network record was he? 

On 1/14/2023 at 11:05 AM, Mato said:

How about the best Green Day album of all time, but it's got a really stupid title?  

like....Ketchup! 

1 hour ago, Cunt said:

Butch wasn’t involved with the network record was he?

I don't think we know for sure, but it stands to reason he could have been involved with the project under false pretenses

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

I don't think we know for sure, but it stands to reason he could have been involved with the project under false pretenses

This is definitely possible. I remember around the same time Billie going on about how he had written 10 new songs. So maybe the idea was a Green Day record at first but shifted to the network as time went on. 

On 1/14/2023 at 12:32 PM, Christian's Inferno! said:

Rina Sawayama and Green Day collab when (she's collaborated w a few artists, most noteworthy Elton John. 100% recommend her stuff, esp her new album)

• Love 1

Just realized this thread is almost at 300 pages. I wonder how many more hundreds there will be until we actually get official news from them regarding this album 😄 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cali89 said:

Just realized this thread is almost at 300 pages. I wonder how many more hundreds there will be until we actually get official news from them regarding this album 😄 

Jason thinks it might not be too long after the Nimrod release, or so he hopes.

https://forum.greenday.fm/t/album-14-news-rumours-speculation/28/82

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, senti jamir said:

There might be the possibility of a double album..with Covallo and Walker producing each part.

I’ve been thinking about that too. Maybe 1 disc recorded in RAK, and the other recorded at United?